I really hated the KEYone and KEY2 because of their horrible signal quality, I even returned the KEY2 because of that. I even planned to never buy a BlackBerry again because I lost hope that they would take signal quality serious. But then I heard about the KEY2 LE and the "cheap" polycarbonate frame. I got the device today and extensively tested it. Now, what can I say. It's AWESOME! I even have signal in the basement!

I finally got a phone with a keyboard AND great signal strength! I really think that BlackBerry made a great decision here and everyone looking for a smartphone mainly for texing and making calls should get it.
    09-26-18 03:20 PM
    Not even surprised. Far as I'm concerned the polycarbonate is a benefit for many reasons. Signal can be better, battery can be better because of the signal being better and of course, you don't have to worry as much about your phone getting rekt from a drop, as it's a bit harder to ding up or smash.
    09-26-18 03:46 PM
    Nice!

Except that last part about needing a phone mainly for sms and calls, I disagree.
    The KEY2 LE should be a solid modern mid range smartphone that can do just about anything the others can, besides being dunked in water
    09-26-18 04:00 PM
    aha, finally TCL's vendor figured out how to make high conductive antenna... a bit longer learning curve than I expected. ;-).
    09-26-18 06:53 PM
    Finally some real user comments! Very pleased to hear of the good reception. I'm in a very poor reception area and this would be huge help for me to have better signal reception.
    09-26-18 07:58 PM
    Considering you have owned both the Keyone and 2, could you provide your opinion on the keyboard, key travel / sound / feel etc?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-18 11:33 PM
    There's absolutely no difference between the two. We have BBF100-1 and BBE100-4 units to compare, and both WiFi and mobile signal strenght are basically at the same level. What I fully agree is that these two both superior to the KEYone.
    the_boon likes this.
    09-27-18 02:26 AM
    Plastic is the way to go! Everything else is a huge compromise.
    09-27-18 03:28 AM
    There's absolutely no difference between the two. We have BBF100-1 and BBE100-4 units to compare, and both WiFi and mobile signal strenght are basically at the same level. What I fully agree is that these two both superior to the KEYone.
    Interesting. Can I ask if you've tested them both in low reception areas? Obviously, where the signals are strong they would both have good reception.
    09-27-18 08:20 AM
    As I live in a rural region in Germany I generally don't have good signal strength. But inside my house it's even worse.

I've tested the Classic, KEYone, KEY2 and KEY2 LE where the KEY2 LE had the BEST signal strengh and call quality.

KEYone was the worst, while the KEY2 was just a little bit better but had a bug where I couldn't make or receive calls when I was on 3G.
    the_boon and the brother like this.
    09-28-18 08:29 AM
    I'm rural in Canada. Passport reception is so bad I've had to put a home line just to make calls out. Really looking for a phone with good antennae.
    09-28-18 10:59 AM
    I'm rural in Canada. Passport reception is so bad I've had to put a home line just to make calls out. Really looking for a phone with good antennae.
    Whereabouts are you?
    You may need to do a cell booster - my daughter is outside of Prince George BC and they pretty much need a cell booster - I keep losing calls when she goes down her driveway.
    09-28-18 11:38 AM
    Whereabouts are you?
    You may need to do a cell booster - my daughter is outside of Prince George BC and they pretty much need a cell booster - I keep losing calls when she goes down her driveway.
    Yup, have a booster, which is how I can get one or two bars intermittently. My wife's Motion is better than my Passport, so part of my issue is that I just need to upgrade my phone, which is why the LE is of interest to me. Looking forward to hearing more reviews on the benefit of a non-metal frame.
    09-28-18 12:56 PM
    Suggest to go with Fongo Home Phone ($4.95/mth) or if you have some DIY/tech self care know-how in you, Freephoneline.
    09-28-18 02:07 PM
    What carrier are you with? The bands they support in your area could also be an issue along with the device.
    09-28-18 11:39 PM