I found my picture password on my KEY2 LE now allows unlimited trial. After 5 times, I remembered it should require the pin to unlock. Now, it simply allows unlimited trial with no delay. So eventually within a minute, it can be unlocked by random shipping.

I don't know since when it was broken. Does it happen for you, too?
    07-02-20 11:21 AM
    I found my picture password on my KEY2 LE now allows unlimited trial. After 5 times, I remembered it should require the pin to unlock. Now, it simply allows unlimited trial with no delay. So eventually within a minute, it can be unlocked by random shipping.

I don't know since when it was broken. Does it happen for you, too?
    Is it still set to wipe after 10 failed attempts?
    johnb_xp likes this.
    07-02-20 11:40 AM
    Is it still set to wipe after 10 failed attempts?
    Nope. But it shouldn't be related, should it?

I was expecting it to stop picture password after 5 failed attempts and switched to requesting a PIN.
    07-03-20 10:03 AM
    Nope. But it shouldn't be related, should it?

I was expecting it to stop picture password after 5 failed attempts, but requesting a PIN.
    It is related.
    07-03-20 10:04 AM
    Sounds like it's a bug with Picture Password on but set to wipe after 10 failed attempts off then.
    07-03-20 10:06 AM
    Slightly unrelated. Is picture password available on blackberry launcher or as a downloadable option for non-bb devices?
    07-04-20 08:23 AM
    Slightly unrelated. Is picture password available on blackberry launcher or as a downloadable option for non-bb devices?
    Only for BlackBerry devices as part of the OS
    07-04-20 09:10 AM
    oh nice i didn't notice there is picture password. Reminds me of BB10 times
    07-06-20 03:40 AM
    Do you have ON setting Automatically Wipe after 10 failed unlock attempts?
    07-19-20 12:26 PM
    Do you have ON setting Automatically Wipe after 10 failed unlock attempts?
    Nope. But those 2 settings shouldn't be related.

It should switch back to pin password after a certain number of trial with picture passport. Also it should slow down the trails after a few incorrect attempts. That no longer happens now.
    07-19-20 09:16 PM
    Nope. But those 2 settings shouldn't be related.

It should switch back to pin password after a certain number of trial with picture passport. Also it should slow down the trails after a few incorrect attempts. That no longer happens now.
    Well, it's working as designed - just not according to how you think it "should" work.
    07-19-20 09:29 PM
    Well, it's working as designed - just not according to how you think it "should" work.
    Current behavior is anyone can hack the Picture Password within a minute.

Why do you think it's as designed?

Are you saying it's a "feature" so that a person who forgot his picture password can unlock his phone?

If it's really by design, it needs an improvement. That's what I am saying. I am wondering if it's really the "design".
    07-19-20 10:33 PM
    Current behavior is anyone can hack the Picture Password within a minute.

Why do you think it's as designed?

Are you saying it's a "feature" so that a person who forgot his picture password can unlock his phone?

If it's really by design, it needs an improvement. That's what I am saying. I am wondering if it's really the "design".
    It's been the same for 5 years, so clearly it's as intended.

And since BlackBerry Android has been discontinued and updates ended, it will not be changed.
    07-19-20 10:42 PM
    op, use a pin. it only allows ten attempts. as I recall the OS recommended a pin when I was originally setting up the phone. I was disappointed as I really liked picture password on my Z30. but the combo of fingerprint and pin seems very secure to me.
    07-20-20 10:19 AM
    If BlackBerry users had gotten a taste of Face ID.... Picture Password wouldn't even exist anymore.
    howarmat likes this.
    07-20-20 11:12 AM
    op, use a pin. it only allows ten attempts. as I recall the OS recommended a pin when I was originally setting up the phone. I was disappointed as I really liked picture password on my Z30. but the combo of fingerprint and pin seems very secure to me.
    Yes, I switched to use the pin. Thanks!
    07-20-20 09:04 PM