Well. I should have trusted my instincts on this one and not factory reset my phone. But I had to know for sure if there is a way to improve the phone audio. Well, I was right. The factory reset did nothing to improve it. But at least I know now for sure. Now the fun part, wasting the rest of my evening putting this phone back to normal. I sure hope TCL reads these treads and does a tweak on the next firmware update to make it just a little louder. Thanks all for your input.
    01-09-19 07:48 PM
    Any updates on this thread? I'm about to return my LE to Amazon, but maybe there's no point if the replacement will have the same issue. I wonder if the low output is causing the metallic sound, which is pretty annoying to me. I find myself maxing the volume on the unit, especially when in the car, and that's when the metallic sound becomes noticeable, almost as if maxing the volume is pushing the speaker (i.e., what you might expect if you were maxing the volume on any speaker, if that makes sense).

Anyway, I guess I just wanted to see if the metallic sound is present regardless of the output. That's the big reason I think I'll return it.
    01-21-19 06:44 PM
    One thing I don't see mentioned here is the actual settings. If you open the phone app, go to settings and then adjust the Audio EEQ under Sounds and vibration, it might help some folks.
    01-21-19 06:50 PM
    Hi ursocool3. No metallic sound on my end or my wife's. Yours definitely sounds like a defect in the speaker or something. Send it back and get another one. My audio is just slightly lower than the PRIV when using the ear piece. I'm getting used to it, but I mostly use the speaker mic when in the car and it sounds about equal to the PRIV in that area. Otherwise, it is a great phone. Reception is just way better than the PRIV or Passport. Where I used to drop out, no longer happens. Good luck with your exchange Key2 LE.
    01-21-19 10:11 PM
    My Atomic LE's earpiece sounds just fine..

Exchange it if it's an issue
    01-21-19 11:32 PM
30 12