02-01-20 12:06 PM
140 ... 456
tools
    I've been a Blackberry user for many years. I switched from the Priv to the Key 2 LE. I had the last generation Priv. I smashed the screen and my insurance wrote it off, but i had no complaints about that phone. I liked that the keyboard on the LE was not a slider. I went for the Champagne model. I was disappointed by the audio of this phone. The speakerphone i found was poor. People would complain in or out that they couldn't hear me enough times. Phone could start crackling during conversation. Memory was an issue to, with just instagram open and Whatsapp and outlook runnig in the background. I would get messages that the memory was running low. They should focus more on the sound. The main purpose of a phone. It seems that the camera war has taken priority. I thought about upgrading to the key 2 but i have read that the reception is better on the key2 LE. Really disappointing for me . Certainly a looker and very nice keyboard and software. But let down by poor audio and not enough memory.
    Regarding the low memory notifications, that's related a setting you can adjust or disable in the BlackBerry Power Center app. It doesn't mean the phone is actually out of memory, it means the arbitrary threshold in the Power Center app is being triggered.

Once I modified the settings, I didn't get those warnings anymore and the phone ran just fine regardless of what apps I used.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-07-19 03:02 PM
    I finally made the leap from my Classic to the KEY2 LE two weeks ago. Overall, I love it as I can now access services the Classic no longer supported.
    But I am still dealing with the main reason I held off, which is syncing my Outlook calendar & contacts to the phone. This is the basic reason I switched to BlackBerry years ago, to ditch the daytimer/PDA.
    Also, I liked being able to use BlackBerry Blend to monitor texts in the office.
    Did not realize how much I used the trackpad as I chase this little balloon around!
    Hoping to figure it all out before I have a crisis.
    11-11-19 09:34 AM
    Official 'I got my BlackBerry KEY2 LE' thread!-b9cafe89-66c3-43d3-8955-e08315f0ddc7.jpg

I LOVE this phone. I “upgraded“ my business line from a Passport to the LE when Walmart put them on sale for $200 and it’s been amazing thus far. I used to carry both my XS Max and Passport around at all times; now I just grab the LE as I don’t need the iPhone unless it’s for long trips. Battery lasts me two days easily. I wish I had picked up two from Walmart to have a backup handy now.
    11-11-19 03:01 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B9CAFE89-66C3-43D3-8955-E08315F0DDC7.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	155.6 KB 
ID:	446692

I LOVE this phone. I “upgraded“ my business line from a Passport to the LE when Walmart put them on sale for $200 and it’s been amazing thus far. I used to carry both my XS Max and Passport around at all times; now I just grab the LE as I don’t need the iPhone unless it’s for long trips. Battery lasts me two days easily. I wish I had picked up two from Walmart to have a backup handy now.
    I tried to pick one up there - couldn't find one close by - ended up picking one up from Best Buy on sale - Day 1 right now - trying to get used to Android....
    11-12-19 09:20 PM
    Just got mine because of the Best Buy sale price and I think it's great so far! The internals are way better than the Key One, which was a great device but often slowed down and lagged. Haven't had that problem with the Key2 LE yet.
    the_boon likes this.
    12-04-19 03:57 PM
    Smashed my KeyONE screen yesterday - I don't even know how it happened - it was in my back pocket but I didn't even sit down! But I ordered a Key2 LE from Best Buy (USA) for $249. Seemed like a good deal, or at least a worthwhile deal. Arrives later this week.
    12-31-19 05:58 PM
    Smashed my KeyONE screen yesterday - I don't even know how it happened - it was in my back pocket but I didn't even sit down! But I ordered a Key2 LE from Best Buy (USA) for $249. Seemed like a good deal, or at least a worthwhile deal. Arrives later this week.
    Thats a great price - $50 less than I paid and I thought I got a good deal!
    12-31-19 06:00 PM
    picked up the best buy unlocked deal with a $50 best buy gift card I got for christmas. Best $200 phone I've gotten. Went to Verizon yesterday and swapped all my SIM cards. Took a card that used to be in my old LG V30 work phone that I recently had to switch with my personal iPhone XR and put that SIM in the Key2LE and it worked fine. Now just need to activate my work email client on the Key2LE. Swapped the phone number off my Galaxy Watch LTE to the V30. Paired the Galaxy Watch with the Key2 LE. So now my work setup will be the Key2 LE with the Galaxy watch versus the iPhone and non lTE iWatch. I hope the android client for our work email works on the Key2 LE as the LG dropped support for the client late last year and I had to switch to the iPhone and iOS versus android where I was totally lost. The Key2 LE feels so familiar just all my old blackberry's before the OS/Server went out of favor with our IT group versus iPhones and Samsungs. Looking at converting my LG V30 to an Hi-Res audio player only (DAP) which is why I switched to the LG from Samsung.
    01-06-20 12:15 AM
    I got mine on Monday, January 6th via BestBuy here in Toronto, Canada.

I've had the Classic for the last 5 years or so and LOVED it but little by little it was becoming obsolete due to some of my favourite apps becoming buggy or not working at all.

Then about a week ago the battery started acting up and so I thought it was time to make the switch.

Overall I'm very happy with the KEY 2 LE but am still just getting used to the Android thing and the fact that it's so much taller than my beloved Classic.

I'm looking forward to many years of usage! <3
    Arun Baheti likes this.
    01-08-20 12:01 PM
    Got mine from Best Buy in LA. Working well, getting used to the keyboard after my Classic. Keep accidentally doing things from muscle memory of 16+ years of BlackBerry use... Tapping on the right shift key which is gone. Swiping up to get to the home screen. VERY much missing the trakpad to easily select, copy/paste. Hitting the now gone buttons. :-). All fine, I'll get used to it even if some efficiencies are gone.

Led color change for texts is frustrating. But overall, finding hub to work pretty well even if I have to tap the screen vs highlight a message and hit R.

Weight and balance quite good, as is keyboard feel.

Really missing the ability to "dial" BlackBerry assistant in my car -- what a smart feature. Now I can't get to Google assistant without touching the phone which is illegal here.
    01-15-20 12:11 AM

Really missing the ability to "dial" BlackBerry assistant in my car -- what a smart feature. Now I can't get to Google assistant without touching the phone which is illegal here.
    Just say "hey Google"
    01-15-20 01:29 AM
    Just say "hey Google"
    New to Android. What setting keeps the Mic on so the phone will be listening without me having to touch the sidekey? And will it go via Bluetooth or the phone speaker? And now Google is listening to all my conversations, like with that feature on a pc?
    01-15-20 09:12 AM
    Just got a the KEY2 LE now and I am in love! I missed the typing experience from the Passport and the KEY2 LE is more that enough for me now! Though I am still trying my best to get my head out of the beautiful device will not receive any major Android updates, I am pleasantly surprise with the experience!
    conbrio29 likes this.
    01-17-20 02:14 AM
    Okay everyone, well you can add me to the Key2 LE club... just picked up an LE from Tells here in Canada for $480 (for the 32GB single SIM version) and I must say I just LOVE this keyboard. It feels really good to be typing on this kind of a device again!
    phuoc and the_boon like this.
    01-21-20 12:33 AM
    Few weeks in and loving the keyboard. Missing fine control from trapped for highlighting/selecting text copy or picking a spot to insert text. Ive seen a fine control menu of some kind -- is there a tutorial or tip someone can point me to?

And now in HUB, if I read a SMS I can't go back to HUB, have to exit out of message and select HUB again. Did I mess up a setting?

Sorry, dont see a newbie question thread.
    02-01-20 12:06 PM
140 ... 456