Got my Key2. Defective out of box. Looks like BBMo is continuing their trend of pathetic quality control. My "L" key and the keys around it are crunching as if there is cereal under the keyboard. Now I"m going through the RMA process. If I get a refurbished device for my brand new one that is defective on Day 1, I'm returning it and never buying BB again. Enough is enough
    Is there actually some particles under those keys? Maybe pressing them down over and over a few times would help dissipate the noise?
    I'm just asking because you're the first person to report this kind of issue here so far
    10-31-18 03:38 PM
    Is there actually some particles under those keys? Maybe pressing them down over and over a few times would help dissipate the noise?
    I'm just asking because you're the first person to report this kind of issue here so far
    It's a brand new device. Noticed this issue as soon as taking it out of the box. I tried mending it out for a few days but it seems to be only getting worse.

Blackberry gave me that whole option to do an advanced exchange. I can't fill out the warranty form required and they claim the website is under maintenance and to try again at a later time.

Hoping this goes smooth, I get a brand new phone to replace this (also new) phone, and it's over. I hope..
    10-31-18 03:40 PM
    It's a brand new device. Noticed this issue as soon as taking it out of the box. I tried mending it out for a few days but it seems to be only getting worse.

Blackberry gave me that whole option to do an advanced exchange. I can't fill out the warranty form required and they claim the website is under maintenance and to try again at a later time.

Hoping this goes smooth, I get a brand new phone to replace this (also new) phone, and it's over. I hope..
    Remember, as you can clearly see, an "open box" but perfect phone is better than a defective one that's sitting in a sealed box.

I just hope the one they send you is nothing less than perfect, whether in an sealed or open box.

Don't you agree?
    10-31-18 03:43 PM
    Remember, as you can clearly see, an "open box" but perfect phone is better than a defective one that's sitting in a sealed box.

I just hope the one they send you is nothing less than perfect, whether in an sealed or open box.

Don't you agree?
    While I understand your position, I disagree. I paid for a brand new device, and I should have a brand new, defect-free device. Especially after getting a brand new phone, and having to go through a lengthy RMA process to get the issue rectified.
    10-31-18 03:46 PM
    While I understand your position, I disagree. I paid for a brand new device, and I should have a brand new, defect-free device. Especially after getting a brand new phone, and having to go through a lengthy RMA process to get the issue rectified.
    To you, does brand new only mean "sealed box" or can a box that's been opened and the phone checked that it's working still be considered "brand new" if it still has the plastics on it?
    10-31-18 06:41 PM
    Loving my Key2 LE which I've had for a couple of days now. Love the Champagne colour too - looks classy IMHO and is a far cry from 'rose gold'. Dual SIM is revolutionary, especially coming as I did from PPSE as I can now not only carry one phone instead of work mobile and personal mobile, I can leave my wallet at home too as can buy things with Google Pay. Very much like Locker app for sensitive docs - one question here though: when moving a file to Locker, does the phone wipe (overwrite) the original file in non-Locker space, therefore making it unrecoverable by file recovery utils???
    RoccoI likes this.
    11-04-18 07:39 AM
    Just got my key2 le today. Love the keyboard and the weight. Very light. Camera is so so. A little lag setting it up.
    the_boon likes this.
    11-12-18 04:59 PM
    Just got my key2 le today. Love the keyboard and the weight. Very light. Camera is so so. A little lag setting it up.
    Try lowering the animations to 0.5x in developer options
    11-13-18 08:05 AM
    Try lowering the animations to 0.5x in developer options
    Pretty decent for me with the 0.5 speed.
    11-13-18 08:41 AM
    BOOM!!! Just purchased my LE. I had the Key1 for a month last year, but Key1 and T-mobile were not getting along, and I wasn't receiving all my calls and texts. Very happy to have a Blackberry again! Hoping there are no issues with this one.

I'm still on t-mobile, but good chance I'll be switching to Verizon in a day or two.

I changed the animations to 0.5x. Now looking into everything else Android to see how to customize everything (ios guy most my life).
    the_boon likes this.
    11-17-18 02:43 PM
    Just got mine yesterday, going to Verizon to work on my Sim. I have att but my work phone is Verizon.
    the_boon likes this.
    11-20-18 07:08 AM
    Well, just got mine. Feels good!
    11-22-18 04:35 PM
    Finally, I got downgraded to K2LE .
    The keyboard is great, no learning curve from Classic (I did not noticed that the keyboard is smaller until I physically compared the phone one next to the other). But the quality is much much worse, I believe it will break just after warranty ends, it just seems fragile comparing to Classic.. Corners of keys has too much free motion..

Why is Chrome a system application and cannot be uninstalled? I do not use Chrome and I do not want it. And I cannot disable GMS! The button is grayed. What trick do I have to do to do it?

One of the first thing I did was install Evie launcher, BB launcher have no gestures, or I did not find it. I refuse to crack my hand every time to check notifications, with Evie I just swipe down anywhere on the screen. I am still searching for open launcher, but most of the on f-droid are too ugly or do not work as I want..

BB Hub? What? Email client which copy SOME notifications and open other apps. It should replace android notification and not just copy&paste the same data to another storage. Also, I got notification from BB Hub and again from the app. Colors of accounts are similar and no white color..

Productivity tab? Why? It just take some data from BB HUB and not even all. I get there emails but no facebook messenger. This should be one application, Productivity tab and BB HUB and coded into system, replacing android notifications. They says this is clear Android, I say it is clear android with added google blobs and BB blobs which can not be removed.

And what LED are you talking about? I see only something on top right what tries to do something but it is nearly invisible.

Automatic screen brightness is not working good, it is too sensitive and without me seeing any difference in light situation, sensor

Biggest problem of all - Normal, Silent, DND. And what others? How to setup it? I need Normal, Home (no vibrations), Silent (doctor, work (I prefer not disturbing colleages in open space)), Meeting (no sound, no vibration, only LED which have to be replaced by screen notification because that LED is a joke), Night (silent call ringtone, sms only silent ding - so my wife can sleep even when I have call from work), no facebok or whatever, no vibration, no led, no display). No what? How to do this?

On the other hand, it is long ugly bannana, but when I hold it in hand, it is great. No too big screen, keyboard size is ideal (maybe because I am not passport user ). Maybe it is OK because it is light. Fingerprint sensor is perfect! Fast and best place on the phone. I unable to use my wife's phone sensor on the back - if it was at the bottom not on top..
    Only problem is when I need to tap on top of the screen but I try to do everything not to - swipe down on homescreen open top bar, back button is under screen (what a great thing, I hate when it dissapears ).

Now, moving contacts.. How? I do not want too give all my contacts to google and nothing else works.. I am trying to exports contacts from Classic, seems that one application in BB World can do it and then transfer by email VCF to bbdroid and hopefully it will import then with pictures .

EDIT: How I miss trackpad!!! I needed to add one character which autocorrect removed from word (this worked better on BB10, fixed only sometimes when I typed complete word - only added interpunction..).
    This phone needs capacitive keyboard. Scrolling would be much better. Or trackpad..
    Last edited by skkayman; 11-25-18 at 05:19 AM.
    11-25-18 04:45 AM
    Finally, I got downgraded to K2LE .
    The keyboard is great, no learning curve from Classic (I did not noticed that the keyboard is smaller until I physically compared the phone one next to the other). But the quality is much much worse, I believe it will break just after warranty ends, it just seems fragile comparing to Classic.. Corners of keys has too much free motion..

Why is Chrome a system application and cannot be uninstalled? I do not use Chrome and I do not want it. And I cannot disable GMS! The button is grayed. What trick do I have to do to do it?

One of the first thing I did was install Evie launcher, BB launcher have no gestures, or I did not find it. I refuse to crack my hand every time to check notifications, with Evie I just swipe down anywhere on the screen. I am still searching for open launcher, but most of the on f-droid are too ugly or do not work as I want..

BB Hub? What? Email client which copy SOME notifications and open other apps. It should replace android notification and not just copy&paste the same data to another storage. Also, I got notification from BB Hub and again from the app. Colors of accounts are similar and no white color..

Productivity tab? Why? It just take some data from BB HUB and not even all. I get there emails but no facebook messenger. This should be one application, Productivity tab and BB HUB and coded into system, replacing android notifications. They says this is clear Android, I say it is clear android with added google blobs and BB blobs which can not be removed.

And what LED are you talking about? I see only something on top right what tries to do something but it is nearly invisible.

Automatic screen brightness is not working good, it is too sensitive and without me seeing any difference in light situation, sensor

Biggest problem of all - Normal, Silent, DND. And what others? How to setup it? I need Normal, Home (no vibrations), Silent (doctor, work (I prefer not disturbing colleages in open space)), Meeting (no sound, no vibration, only LED which have to be replaced by screen notification because that LED is a joke), Night (silent call ringtone, sms only silent ding - so my wife can sleep even when I have call from work), no facebok or whatever, no vibration, no led, no display). No what? How to do this?

On the other hand, it is long ugly bannana, but when I hold it in hand, it is great. No too big screen, keyboard size is ideal (maybe because I am not passport user ). Maybe it is OK because it is light. Fingerprint sensor is perfect! Fast and best place on the phone. I unable to use my wife's phone sensor on the back - if it was at the bottom not on top..
    Only problem is when I need to tap on top of the screen but I try to do everything not to - swipe down on homescreen open top bar, back button is under screen (what a great thing, I hate when it dissapears ).

Now, moving contacts.. How? I do not want too give all my contacts to google and nothing else works.. I am trying to exports contacts from Classic, seems that one application in BB World can do it and then transfer by email VCF to bbdroid and hopefully it will import then with pictures .

EDIT: How I miss trackpad!!! I needed to add one character which autocorrect removed from word (this worked better on BB10, fixed only sometimes when I typed complete word - only added interpunction..).
    This phone needs capacitive keyboard. Scrolling would be much better. Or trackpad..
    About the keyboard, I don't feel that the LE's keys are any flimsier than the Classic (and yes, I owned several Classics).
    There hasn't yet been any reports of a key falling out the LE, which we can't say for the Classic.
    skkayman likes this.
    11-25-18 06:20 AM
    Got mine in slate on Friday and so far it feels great. The keyboard enables me to faster typing than on my KeyONE but is still not that fast than my 9900. okay, this will improve over time with more routine.
    I like the lightweight feeling and that it is double SIM.

26.Nov.2018: the notification LED is somewhat dim that I barly nötige it at all.
    Last edited by Molfus; 11-26-18 at 02:33 AM.
    11-25-18 07:21 AM
    About the keyboard, I don't feel that the LE's keys are any flimsier than the Classic (and yes, I owned several Classics).
    There hasn't yet been any reports of a key falling out the LE, which we can't say for the Classic.
    Maybe it is just feeling, maybe I got that special piece (seems to be imported to Slovakia by TCT crossing Poland which has not a good meaning here ). But I hope I am just paranoid, we will see in 2-3 years .
    I never heard about keys falling out of Classic, mine seems sturdy enough that I believed for another three years of using it. But previous Q10 had double typing on more keys, got returned money in warranty and bought Classic for the money.
    11-25-18 08:34 AM
    I am able to push some keys (mostly H) sometimes on the corner that I feel and hear the click but the key is not pressed.. I am starting to be angry on keyboard which is the only reason I bought BB :/.

Also, I missed some messages because I was not looking at the screen at the moment when it showed up and the LED is impossible to is in lit room and phone on table. Classic's LED was pretty annoying at the same place but it was great because I always knew that someone is telling me something . Also, Classic was much waster in delivering email then web clients.

Do you see the LED on the photo? Because I do not and it IS there - you have to zoom a lot..Official 'I got my BlackBerry KEY2 LE' thread!-img_20181126_144533-1-.jpg
    11-26-18 08:55 AM
    I am able to push some keys (mostly H) sometimes on the corner that I feel and hear the click but the key is not pressed.. I am starting to be angry on keyboard which is the only reason I bought BB :/.

Also, I missed some messages because I was not looking at the screen at the moment when it showed up and the LED is impossible to is in lit room and phone on table. Classic's LED was pretty annoying at the same place but it was great because I always knew that someone is telling me something . Also, Classic was much waster in delivering email then web clients.

Do you see the LED on the photo? Because I do not and it IS there - you have to zoom a lot..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181126_144533(1).jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	153.3 KB 
ID:	441490
    Yes, I know the LED on the LE is weaker than on the KEY2, and even more so in my case cause I have a KEY2 (not LE) tempered glass protector on it, the type with the black borders so the LED is even harder to see at an angle.
    Still it's better than nothing but not sure why they didn't use the same exact LED and firmware as on the KEY2

As for your issue with the H key, it's making a clicking noise before the key clicks? But does each key register their letter every single time?
    11-26-18 09:21 AM

Do you see the LED on the photo? Because I do not and it IS there - you have to zoom a lot..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181126_144533(1).jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	153.3 KB 
ID:	441490
    I have a Slate 64Gb version. I tried all the keys with light pressure. All the clicks led to typing the correct characters. Mine was bought at Amazon.de... I see you have the champagne version.
    Just wondering if there could be a difference in build quality in the several coloured versions?
    11-26-18 12:34 PM
    Yes, I know the LED on the LE is weaker than on the KEY2, and even more so in my case cause I have a KEY2 (not LE) tempered glass protector on it, the type with the black borders so the LED is even harder to see at an angle.
    Still it's better than nothing but not sure why they didn't use the same exact LED and firmware as on the KEY2

As for your issue with the H key, it's making a clicking noise before the key clicks? But does each key register their letter every single time?
    Maybe they saved a few cents this way . Or wanted people to buy KEY2 and not LE. I do not know how is LED on K2 but LE is much much weaker and smaller then is on Classic. I do not care the animation - Classic just blink for a quarter second and nothing for 4 seconds. LE is shown longer. Which is better, but when I do not see it it is useless.

About H key, I did a video. If I press the key not directly on the middle where I press it most of the time, but on corner of the key, I hear the click but not always the H is written on screen. I can do it only with H on purpose.
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AotPJBlg2PyIgV9iVbsaqx615yMq

Some photos comparing to K2LE and Classic, it does not show that big different on photos then in reality. Keys on Classic probably was on bigger microswitch, on K2LE and smaller so there is too much motion for the key..

I have a Slate 64Gb version. I tried all the keys with light pressure. All the clicks led to typing the correct characters. Mine was bought at Amazon.de... I see you have the champagne version.
    Just wondering if there could be a difference in build quality in the several coloured versions?
    I hope there is no differences . I wanted slate 64GB but this version is only for Germany and North America.. Other countries has slate 32 and champagne/atomic 64.
    Attached Thumbnails Official 'I got my BlackBerry KEY2 LE' thread!-img_20181126_201917.jpg   Official 'I got my BlackBerry KEY2 LE' thread!-img_20181126_2131436_1.jpg  
    11-26-18 02:33 PM
    Maybe they saved a few cents this way . Or wanted people to buy KEY2 and not LE. I do not know how is LED on K2 but LE is much much weaker and smaller then is on Classic. I do not care the animation - Classic just blink for a quarter second and nothing for 4 seconds. LE is shown longer. Which is better, but when I do not see it it is useless.

About H key, I did a video. If I press the key not directly on the middle where I press it most of the time, but on corner of the key, I hear the click but not always the H is written on screen. I can do it only with H on purpose.
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AotPJBlg2PyIgV9iVbsaqx615yMq

Some photos comparing to K2LE and Classic, it does not show that big different on photos then in reality. Keys on Classic probably was on bigger microswitch, on K2LE and smaller so there is too much motion for the key..

I hope there is no differences . I wanted slate 64GB but this version is only for Germany and North America.. Other countries has slate 32 and champagne/atomic 64.
    I would get your LE exchanged.

All my keys work perfect as they should and so should yours.

Any PKB can have little quirks here and there, and that's what a warranty is for.
    11-26-18 02:52 PM
    I would get your LE exchanged.

All my keys work perfect as they should and so should yours.

Any PKB can have little quirks here and there, and that's what a warranty is for.
    The H seems to be getting worse, now when I press it on left part, i mostly do not write a letter, but I hear and feel the click. Right part of key works great.

I am thinking to return it and get my money back... I almost throw it on the road under cars today. This morning I wanted to check when will bus arrive, if I should walk to previous bus stop and not standing still and freeze. I mistyped the name of bus stop and there was dot which should not be (probably I pressed space twice or the prediction decided that dot should be there - dunno). I was two minutes trying to remove the dot but the firefox always get it back because ff remember that I type it before and send (and web page get me unknown bus stop warning). My finger were frozen and it was a fight to tap on the right position to remove it. I have to remove everything and retype the bus stop name again.

Later, the SMS arrived so I wanted to check it but I cannot because in my left hand I had a bag and the right hand have not that long fingers to open newest sms on top of the screen. I miss trackpad very much .

Funny thing is that I liked how light the LE is, I have problem to put it in my trousers pocket. Classic is heavy and it just fall inside pocket. I have to push the LE .

I have about 10 days for a free return so maybe I won't even ask for replacement in warranty. Also, in my country, it is not standard thing that anything during warranty is replaced. Sellers repair it by their own or send to service company. BB has no official service here so it will be weeks without phone. That is why my Classic was used one without warranty - if needed, I could replace any part in one evening when I have the part..
    11-27-18 03:23 AM
    The H seems to be getting worse, now when I press it on left part, i mostly do not write a letter, but I hear and feel the click. Right part of key works great.

I am thinking to return it and get my money back... I almost throw it on the road under cars today. This morning I wanted to check when will bus arrive, if I should walk to previous bus stop and not standing still and freeze. I mistyped the name of bus stop and there was dot which should not be (probably I pressed space twice or the prediction decided that dot should be there - dunno). I was two minutes trying to remove the dot but the firefox always get it back because ff remember that I type it before and send (and web page get me unknown bus stop warning). My finger were frozen and it was a fight to tap on the right position to remove it. I have to remove everything and retype the bus stop name again.

Later, the SMS arrived so I wanted to check it but I cannot because in my left hand I had a bag and the right hand have not that long fingers to open newest sms on top of the screen. I miss trackpad very much .

Funny thing is that I liked how light the LE is, I have problem to put it in my trousers pocket. Classic is heavy and it just fall inside pocket. I have to push the LE .

I have about 10 days for a free return so maybe I won't even ask for replacement in warranty. Also, in my country, it is not standard thing that anything during warranty is replaced. Sellers repair it by their own or send to service company. BB has no official service here so it will be weeks without phone. That is why my Classic was used one without warranty - if needed, I could replace any part in one evening when I have the part..
    So return it to get your money back and just buy another brand new one if you like the phone
    11-27-18 04:32 AM
    So return it to get your money back and just buy another brand new one if you like the phone
    I am thinking about that because I will get a new device and hopefully without problem..
    But not I am not sure if I want it again.. I need to create google account just to backup the device before format and return so I does not need to set everything again. Why Xiaomi can have Mi PC Suite and BB does not?

Maybe I should wait until Classic die and buy Key3 LE - they will fix LED hopefully.
    Can I set screen always on when there are notification? Because I missed two sms today with invisible LED. And I do not want all my colleagues hear all phone voices . Big open space.. Or maybe phone holder..

I need to find apps for SMS, email, facebook messenger where I can change order and show newest at the bottom, also how to fix firefox the same way. I found some sound profile application (another 50MB eaten ) which is also open source so I hope it will work. This phone will be very slow in a year with all these addon apps fixing android :/.
    11-27-18 06:58 AM
    I am thinking about that because I will get a new device and hopefully without problem..
    But not I am not sure if I want it again.. I need to create google account just to backup the device before format and return so I does not need to set everything again. Why Xiaomi can have Mi PC Suite and BB does not?

Maybe I should wait until Classic die and buy Key3 LE - they will fix LED hopefully.
    Can I set screen always on when there are notification? Because I missed two sms today with invisible LED. And I do not want all my colleagues hear all phone voices . Big open space.. Or maybe phone holder..

I need to find apps for SMS, email, facebook messenger where I can change order and show newest at the bottom, also how to fix firefox the same way. I found some sound profile application (another 50MB eaten ) which is also open source so I hope it will work. This phone will be very slow in a year with all these addon apps fixing android :/.
    There's very little chance that a new LE would have the same problem. You're the only one who's experienced any issue whatsoever with the LE's keyboard so far.
    If you wanted to wait it out till the next device, that would be around summer time like usual so you'd have at least 7-8 months to enjoy the KEY2 LE before something else comes out.

In the display settings, you can enable "Ambient display" which will wake the screen for a few seconds when you get a notification.

Since this phone has an LCD display, an "always on display" would be the worst idea ever.

Anyway, it sure beats sticking to a slow Classic.
    11-27-18 07:37 AM
148 1234 ...