When I go to delete the gmail app/logout of it, I get a message saying if i delete this, then i will lose all my contacts and anything associated with it from the phone. This should be deleting it only from the gmail side, not the Hub, correct? I hope I am explaining this clearly...
    03-07-19 10:03 AM
    When I go to delete the gmail app/logout of it, I get a message saying if i delete this, then i will lose all my contacts and anything associated with it from the phone. This should be deleting it only from the gmail side, not the Hub, correct? I hope I am explaining this clearly...
    You're attempting to delete your whole Google account from your phone. Instead, just go to Settings>Apps>Gmail and disable it.
    03-07-19 01:43 PM
    Thank you. I did what you said and I no longer see Gmail as an app on one of the home pages. Now I will just get my email in the Hub and not on the phone, correct?
    03-07-19 02:08 PM
    Thank you. I did what you said and I no longer see Gmail as an app on one of the home pages. Now I will just get my email in the Hub and not on the phone, correct?
    That is correct. You'll only get emails in the Hub now.
    03-07-19 02:23 PM
    Also a new Key2 LE user. I got the black 32GB, single sim version.
    Sadly there was no blue option from my phone provider (koodo) so black it is!
    I'm coming from a Priv and the past 3 phones I've had have actually BB's.

I wrote an initial thoughts post comparing the 2. Overall it's good, but not night and day like some people are commenting.
    03-10-19 01:37 PM
    Sir, I'm a fellow blackberry fan. does the Key2 Le Support OTG and Reverse Charging.
    I usually need to use an external hard disk.
    03-19-19 04:55 AM
    Got my Key2...yay...
    03-22-19 06:31 PM
    got mine, v happy just epic amount to do as trying to amalgamate both my previous phones (Q10's) into this one device!
    04-03-19 08:36 AM
    Well I certainly didn't expect to be in this situation but I'm suddenly the owner of the Key2 LE. Got it for the gf but she can't stand the keyboard and I tried it and fell in love. It's a bit small (I'm used to the Passport physical keyboard) but to me this is the best implementation of the small keyboard I have ever experienced.

I'm coming from a Nokia 7 Plus which is a great phone, nothing wrong with it but the functionality of the Key2 LE has it beat in almost every way expect of course screen size and quality. But I don't really play games or watch videos on my phone...so it doesn't make sense for me to have this huge phone with such a beautiful screen.

Well I'm back...now I'm thinking of how to get a hold of the red LE...they're sold out everywhere.
    the_boon likes this.
    04-06-19 08:46 AM
    Well I certainly didn't expect to be in this situation but I'm suddenly the owner of the Key2 LE. Got it for the gf but she can't stand the keyboard and I tried it and fell in love. It's a bit small (I'm used to the Passport physical keyboard) but to me this is the best implementation of the small keyboard I have ever experienced.

I'm coming from a Nokia 7 Plus which is a great phone, nothing wrong with it but the functionality of the Key2 LE has it beat in almost every way expect of course screen size and quality. But I don't really play games or watch videos on my phone...so it doesn't make sense for me to have this huge phone with such a beautiful screen.

Well I'm back...now I'm thinking of how to get a hold of the red LE...they're sold out everywhere.
    I guess one (wo)man's trash is another man's treasure...

Enjoy your LE ! It's my fav BBMo device
    04-07-19 08:24 PM
    It's amazing. I find the internet slightly patchy but maybe because I got the international version. The kb is actually really good...didn't even expect it to be this good..might even prefer it over the Passport.
    04-10-19 09:06 PM
    I just received my KEY2 LE Dual SIM BBB100-5 yesterday. Bought it open box from Amazon's Warehouse Deals for only $264 USD. It was described as in "Very Good" condition but it looks brand new (only the original box missing). Everything works just right so far... fingers crossed.
    I think it's a little easier to hold and use than the KEY1, being that it's a bit lighter and slimmer, but I'm going to put a case on it though to keep it protected.
    05-23-19 07:50 AM
    After trying to wait out the Verizon Key2/ possible Key3 launch, I finally upgraded my PRIV and got a the Atomic LE from BestBuy.
    Picked up a CDMA-less SIM from Verizon corporate store and everything worked immediately.
    I was not expecting everything to be as smooth as it was, yet here we are.
    The LE is quite a pleasant surprise. It is much snappier and more solid than I expected. I do miss the touch keyboard for positioning the cursor and backspace shortcuts, but not as much as I thought I would.
    the_boon likes this.
    07-02-19 10:49 AM
    After trying to wait out the Verizon Key2/ possible Key3 launch, I finally upgraded my PRIV and got a the Atomic LE from BestBuy.
    Picked up a CDMA-less SIM from Verizon corporate store and everything worked immediately.
    I was not expecting everything to be as smooth as it was, yet here we are.
    The LE is quite a pleasant surprise. It is much snappier and more solid than I expected. I do miss the touch keyboard for positioning the cursor and backspace shortcuts, but not as much as I thought I would.
    I bet you like the performance and battery life of the LE compared to the Priv (Even though the Priv's battery is 350 - 400mAh bigger!)

But you probably miss the Priv's AMOLED display
    07-02-19 11:06 AM
    I bet you like the performance and battery life of the LE compared to the Priv (Even though the Priv's battery is 350 - 400mAh bigger!)

But you probably miss the Priv's AMOLED display
    Oh yeah, battery life is a huge upgrade, especially since the PRIV had a 3 year old battery. I do miss the AMOLED, but this IPS screen is certainly acceptable.
    And, I know the LE isn't supposed to have a great camera, but it is certainly good enough for what I use it for, and way better than the performance of the PRIV camera. (I found that I was using video more often on the PRIV due to the unpredictable shutter timing.)
    07-02-19 11:12 AM
    I finally got my KEY2 LE!

I've wanted an Atomic ever since it was first announced. I found a great deal on eBay and managed to snag a dual SIM version!

I love how light the LE is compared to the KEY2. It puts minimal strain on the hands while typing.

The keyboard is amazing. I don't miss the capacitive gestures at all. I deactivated them on the KEY2 anyway, because they were too buggy for me - I kept triggering them randomly while typing.

This phone looks amazing! The red makes it stand out. And I love that the BlackBerry logo on the back is silver vs the black logo on the KEY2 Red Edition. I want that logo to POP!

I haven't tested the camera yet, but I will definitely put it to good use.

Performance is snappy enough for my needs.

Overall, I am very impressed. They managed to trim features in all the right ways to make this a more affordable, yet still appealing option compared to the KEY2.
    halebw, Byrese and the_boon like this.
    07-30-19 10:34 PM
    A few days ago I joined the club with an Atomic Red Key2 LE. Thought I'd share some thoughts on it thus far.

Things I like
    1. The Keyboard- All the keys are tight and click the same. Finally! No space clicky noise like on many key2's. It's a bit smaller than the key2 but typing on this thing is great due to the consistency. The frets will also be an adjustment for but I like their look, feel, and function.

2. Color- Love, love, love, the red! And due to all the black it acts more of an accent color (unlike the Red Key2). Either works honestly but I like the subtlety of this one.

3. Battery: I was a bit concerned about this because I know it's smaller than the key2. No problems here though. Easily getting two days (or close to it) with my usage.

4. Build Quality & Weight: Yeah...it feels less premium than its sibling but I still like it. The soft back reminds me of the keyone. I also love how light it is in the hand. Reminds me of a Lumia 650 or even a pixel 3, both really light phones. Will help with writing longer emails/texts. Though I didn't mind the weight of the key2 either.

Things I dislike:
    1. Loss of Non-capacitive Pkb- Yeah this bites. More than predictive typing I miss scrolling the most. Now I feel like my thumbs are always blocking the screen. I also miss using the pkb to more the cursor. Still a good trade off for a solid spacebar IMO.

2. Notification Light: It's terrible. Barely notified.

3. Speed- No big deal but coming from a key2 I can feel the difference at some points (maybe because I'm also coming from a pixel 3).

Honestly I'm really loving this phone! Perfect for my productivity needs with a solid typing experience and great design. If you can get your hands one a Atomic Red I'd wholeheartedly recommend it.
    anon(10321802) and elfabio80 like this.
    08-10-19 01:43 AM
    Finally got my key2 le today, after 9 days due to DHL:s sloppy shippings. But now I have it and it's great! Haven't owned a keyboard phone since my Sony Ericsson X2a with Windows mobile. Now I have to learn to type on keyboard again.
    09-05-19 10:59 AM
    Finally got my key2 le today, after 9 days due to DHL:s sloppy shippings. But now I have it and it's great! Haven't owned a keyboard phone since my Sony Ericsson X2a with Windows mobile. Now I have to learn to type on keyboard again.
    High five! I just got mine today.. I didn't necessarily want a new phone but my KeyONE pretty much bit it after 2 years and 2 months. Not thrilled by that but I've been Blackberry forever so figured one more go. First impression is they may have finally gotten it right the third time around. So far this thing is pretty sweet. My biggest worry is the camera which I have yet to test out much.
    09-06-19 06:46 PM
    Yeah the camera is not that good but thats not why I bought it. The keyboard is my main reason for buying this phone.
    09-06-19 06:55 PM
    Yeah, I'm really starting to think key series is done for so had to get one.

If camera is that terrible, I have a little girl, then I guess will get pixel 3a for xmas.

Can't say haven't stuck to the end.
    09-07-19 05:43 PM
    Yeah, I'm really starting to think key series is done for so had to get one.

If camera is that terrible, I have a little girl, then I guess will get pixel 3a for xmas.

Can't say haven't stuck to the end.

I will say so far the camera seems workable. I like to think of self as a bit of a photographer and you can accomplish a lot with a little if you get the composition, lighting, etc. right.

Does anyone know if they put decent camera sensors in the LE? Could the camera still be updated via software? Doubtful I'm guessing.
    09-07-19 07:27 PM
    I'm 9 months into the KEY2 LE Atomic (longest stretch I've had with any BlackBerry device as a daily driver) and it's holding up well so far.

I've got a couple of paint chips around the chassis but that's to be expected since I rock it naked. The screen is surprisingly spotless considering I don't use a screen protector. In contrast, my Pixel 3 which I only use for its camera has a ton of tiny scratches all over the screen.

Battery life isn't as good as it used to be but continues to have no issues getting to the end of the day on a single charge (I consider myself to be a power user).

Performance is noticeably laggier than it was a few months ago. I have to be diligent in closing apps that I don't use. I also have Android for Work on it and Gmail stutters and hangs at least 2-3 times a day.

Overall, the Atomic has served me well and has been a reliable performer executing as a daily driver. It is now just days away from reaching its retirement status as the highly anticipated KEY2 Red Edition is about to join my collection.
    09-07-19 07:38 PM
    Also recently upgraded to the Key2 LE. Was a bit disappointed with the Dtek60 due to it's battery issue, but currently loving the Key2 LE. It's nice finally coming back to the PKB. Definitely loving the battery life. Been a BB user since the curve. Let's see if this will last as long as my Z10 (5 years), since the Dtek60 only lasted me a year.
    09-16-19 10:48 PM
    I've been a Blackberry user for many years. I switched from the Priv to the Key 2 LE. I had the last generation Priv. I smashed the screen and my insurance wrote it off, but i had no complaints about that phone. I liked that the keyboard on the LE was not a slider. I went for the Champagne model. I was disappointed by the audio of this phone. The speakerphone i found was poor. People would complain in or out that they couldn't hear me enough times. Phone could start crackling during conversation. Memory was an issue to, with just instagram open and Whatsapp and outlook runnig in the background. I would get messages that the memory was running low. They should focus more on the sound. The main purpose of a phone. It seems that the camera war has taken priority. I thought about upgrading to the key 2 but i have read that the reception is better on the key2 LE. Really disappointing for me . Certainly a looker and very nice keyboard and software. But let down by poor audio and not enough memory.
    Last edited by justrach; 10-04-19 at 11:31 AM.
    10-04-19 11:11 AM
148 ... 3456