So I Just replaced my Classic with a slate blue key2 LE. My second Android since the nexus one. I miss bb10 but I have to move on and so far I am fully satisfied with this phone.
    the_boon and phuoc like this.
    12-18-18 07:17 PM
    Picked up my LE Atomic today from BestBuy! Love the phone so far......this will replace my Keyone on Sprint. I moved to Verizon last month and couldn't wait to get this phone. I experienced the same issue as everyone else, everything worked except for messages. I stopped into a Verizon store asked for a new sim, the rep popped it in and nothing. I logged into the verizon message app and Voila everything works, messages started showing up after i rebooted the phone.
    01-01-19 10:49 PM
    Finally put my Q10 to rest and switched to Key2 LE. Awesome device! Nice transition from BBOS10 to Android using the BB icon pack.
    01-03-19 01:13 AM
    Received my Atomic LE today! It's even more gorgeous in person!!!

Official 'I got my BlackBerry KEY2 LE' thread!-img_20190103_1251488.jpeg
    phuoc likes this.
    01-03-19 12:10 PM
    I am in awe at the stunning beauty of this device! The pkb also feels a lot better than the KEY2's! I don't even miss the capacitive touch (that much). And the tight, non-clacky spacebar? What a dream!

Official 'I got my BlackBerry KEY2 LE' thread!-img_20190103_1738201.jpegOfficial 'I got my BlackBerry KEY2 LE' thread!-img_20190103_1755548.jpeg
    01-03-19 05:00 PM
    I am in awe at the stunning beauty of this device! The pkb also feels a lot better than the KEY2's! I don't even miss the capacitive touch (that much). And the tight, non-clacky spacebar? What a dream!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190103_1738201.jpeg 
Views:	57 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	442263Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190103_1755548.jpeg 
Views:	59 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	442264
    Looks really nice. Congratulations!!!!
    01-03-19 05:45 PM
    While I am done with BBRY Mobile for the moment, I have to say I am really, really jealous about the Atomic K2 LE. If there would be a QWERTZ version, I'd order one right away, however we are stuck with the boring champaign variant.
    01-04-19 01:50 PM
    First-time BB user here (got an LE). I had a Palm Pre back in the day and loved being able to type things. On glass surfaces, I realized that I was just too lazy to write anything detailed so thought that perhaps going back to something with tactile feedback, I might get better at responding to emails, etc.

I have been happy overall thus far. I have disabled all the built-in apps (Hub, Calendar) because of peculiarities with my email accounts. I've not noticed a huge slowness in speed going from a SD835 -> the SD636. The biggest surprise was when I restored about 60k SMS using SMSBackupRestore. On my prior phone, it took about 15 mins to restore about 50k messages last year. This time, for the 60k messages, it took my LE about 2 hrs to just do 25% so I am assuming it took 8 hrs to restore all of them (I fell asleep well before then). So, not sure if this is a pure processor hit or something else. That was shocking. However, everything else, e.g., switching apps, starting apps, etc., has been fairly fast such that I didn't notice appreciable differences. Please note that I don't play games, etc., but only work/productivity/web stuff.

Now if I could just find a case solution that works better than the Seidio Surface.
    01-13-19 09:03 PM
    Just got mine on a buy it now on eBay. 300 bucks. Super stoked !
    01-16-19 12:30 AM
    I broke down and got it today. Absolutely obsessed with it. Although some have viewed the weight as a negative- my wrists are so happy that I can wield it around easier. Don't have the hand/arm fatigue now I was once experiencing the key 2. Went slate gray (a bit boring), but if I had a choice i'd probably go atomic. However, the phone is loud enough on its on .
    01-22-19 11:31 AM
    Got mine today. Ordered it in to the UK from Ireland. Super happy with it. Red is the way forward!
    Attached Thumbnails Official 'I got my BlackBerry KEY2 LE' thread!-fb_img_1548779718162.jpg  
    01-29-19 10:37 AM
    Ordered the slate LE from Amazon yesterday, and I had no problems adding it to my existing Verizon account. Popped in my Sim from my Galaxy S8 and everything works perfectly. Only thing is I paid 449 and literally hours later, Amazon dropped price of slate color only to 399! They will not refund me the difference. Sigh. But it feels great to have a BlackBerry again...although I kinda miss the chunkiness of the old ones.
    02-03-19 05:59 AM
    I just got mine Saturday from Best Buy. A big GRRR that Amazon dropped the price right after that, but I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Loving it so far! It's just the right feel (weight is just right, keyboard is just right), and looks nice. I got the slate gray because that's all that Best Buy stocked. I'll get a case for it too once a decent one comes out (or maybe I'll make my own).

I'm wondering if there's a good website out there (or a post in here somewhere) on the "best way" to set everything up. You know - like those websites that give you the best settings for your smart TV...

General "profile" for how I will use it: It's a work phone. Minimal apps, but I like the occasional game; music playback from MP3 collection; work email; maybe personal email (so several email accounts); daily alarm; weather tracking; some picture taking (but I have a normal camera for serious photography).

First BB device ever; coming from an HTC 10.

Would like to transfer the text messages, but not essential. Contacts (and suggested contacts, and imaginary contacts, and random contacts, and contacts you forgot all about from 10 years ago, etc, etc) will probably come over when I set up my connection to the Exchange Server at work.
    02-04-19 03:06 PM
    I keep reading different stories on who can get a Verizon Key2 le. I also see on verizon’s BYOD you can purchase and bring in a Key2 le, but doesn’t mention any restrictions. However, I am not a small business owner (teacher) can I still purchase and activate the phone or do you need some kind of verified Verizon enterprise account?
    02-04-19 06:34 PM
    Got Berry ?Official 'I got my BlackBerry KEY2 LE' thread!-img-20190205-wa0012.jpegOfficial 'I got my BlackBerry KEY2 LE' thread!-img-20190205-wa0011.jpeg
    Dew Berry, moosbb and phuoc like this.
    02-05-19 03:07 PM
    I keep reading different stories on who can get a Verizon Key2 le. I also see on verizon’s BYOD you can purchase and bring in a Key2 le, but doesn’t mention any restrictions. However, I am not a small business owner (teacher) can I still purchase and activate the phone or do you need some kind of verified Verizon enterprise account?
    From VZW, you’ll need a business account per the press release...
    02-05-19 10:34 PM
    From VZW, you’ll need a business account per the press release...
    02-06-19 07:44 AM
    Ugh! Someone else told in the forums it could be anyone that activates an unlocked phone. Can’t seem to get a definitive answer.
    02-06-19 07:45 AM
    Hi everybody,

I recently bought a BBE100-4 in ‘Champagne’, 64GB, EU QWERTZ, from Amazon.de.

I have no prior BlackBerry loyalty; I was a happy user of a Nokia 9300 clamshell in its day.
    When time came to switch to Android, I went for Xperia pro slider (MK16i).
    Before that, I had only used a smudgephone for a year, and despite trying all the gimmicky ‘swyping’ and what not, I had not been convinced to give up on an actual keyboard.

I have no personal beef against the late Steve Jobs. I would just never going to be one of his target customers, nor of any of his copycats.

While Android slider phones continued to be released for the American market for a few more years to come, Europe would be completely passed thence. (I wouldn’t go for a niche OS with uncertain future, however nifty in its design. Had been down that path in my youth… Not again.)

I was stubbornly holding it out on the hopelessly outdated Xperia pro, until I realised that, maybe, I wouldn’t need a slider and could do just fine with one of the BlackBerry Mobile designs.

I didn’t see enough point in paying premium for KEY². I reckoned the touch-sensitive keyboard to be non-essential gimmick, and the pricing of LE was about at my upper limit of tolerance anyway — I had never before paid so much for a phone out of my own pocket.

I will take some time to get meticulously acquainted with the new device, and to customise it to my liking. I have not bought it for BlackBerry productivity software. I’m here for the keyboard foremost, and maybe for a bit of control over security and privacy.

(I couldn’t care less for an in-phone camera, so long as I can discern what’s in the picture;
    I do care for audio-jack sound quality though, and I’ve had some reservations so far; I’ll yet need some more testing to determine how disappointing it would really be.
    I don’t care for mobile gaming; I don’t care for watching movies on the go…
    I just want a pocketable computing device with a keyboard, Internet access, GPS…)

As far as the keyboard goes… However tiny it is, I can declare that it is still the best pocketable keyboard to type on in my hitherto experience. My thumbs, still used to typing on physical keyboards, are actually happy not to travel any great distance between keys. All they require is a feel and click of a key beneath. I seem to be pleasantly fast on the keyboard.

I’ll wrap my initiation post here; I will yet chip in more later, in appropriate threads.

By the way, as I have observed pricing and availability, I have a hunch that KEY² LE is selling like hot cakes (within realistic limits). I hope BlackBerry Mobile make a lot of money on it and will be encouraged to go on with keyboardy devices. I do hope they won’t abandon current models soon in terms of software support, as I intend to use the phone for years to come. If my experience is good… I will develop the BlackBerry loyalty. Just don’t throw me off board like Sony did quite early on, BlackBerry Mobile, okay?
    the_boon likes this.
    02-06-19 11:28 AM
    Ugh! Someone else told in the forums it could be anyone that activates an unlocked phone. Can’t seem to get a definitive answer.
    You can buy a Key2 LE from any of several authorized retailers. In USA, that means Amazon online and BestBuy online and in store. The Key2 LE can be used on VZW as certified device with existing consumer account or you can start a new VZW account.

VZW is authorized retailer selling Key2 LE also. To buy from VZW directly, you need a business account.
    02-06-19 01:43 PM
    Finally upgraded my old and much loved Passport. Have had my new Slate Key2LE for a couple of days. Am still getting used to the Android part of the phone; not as bad as I've been reading and, I'm taking my time before adding much in the way of apps, having only added CBC news, radio, and music and BBC news. Other than the learning curve as I do things like Bluetooth connections, it's been a smooth transition. And, as a single handed typist (left), I'm enjoying handling. Not missing the capacitive keyboard; but, I used it sparingly on the Passport, so I'm not having to deal much w that loss. Thanks to the Crackberry community for the inclusion and the discussions & information.
    02-08-19 01:18 AM
    Just got my Slate KEY2 LE!!! Coming from the Motion, It takes some time to get used to the PKB again and the smaller screed. And I really miss the swipe gestures to delete text. But overall very surprised by the build quality and the quality of the product itself. Slate looks waaaaaay better in person than in videos or on pictures by the way. I'll be holding on to this phone until the KEY3 is out
    02-25-19 09:52 AM
    Hello everyone! I got my new Key 2 LE this past friday. It is my first BlackBerry since Passport and after that I updated to IPhone X, but I missed the keyboard and the software so I decided to get back.

I'm so happy with It! The atomic one is really beatiful, and I'm really surprised about the materials, weight and nice working of the device. I Will need time to get used again to the physical KB, but feels really nice again
    03-03-19 06:52 AM
    I updated to my Key2 on March 3 from my Classic. I am liking it so far. I am not going to say I love it yet. I loved my Classic! Also had a Q10 (did not love), and Curve (loved). I am trying to figure out if I need to keep my gmail account on my phone or if I can just use my gmail in the Hub and can delete the profile from the phone itself. I use Outlook on my computer and do not like the way gmail displays, so i would prefer to get rid of the gmail account outside of the Hub. Any guidance on this would be appreciated.
    03-07-19 08:11 AM
    I updated to my Key2 on March 3 from my Classic. I am liking it so far. I am not going to say I love it yet. I loved my Classic! Also had a Q10 (did not love), and Curve (loved). I am trying to figure out if I need to keep my gmail account on my phone or if I can just use my gmail in the Hub and can delete the profile from the phone itself. I use Outlook on my computer and do not like the way gmail displays, so i would prefer to get rid of the gmail account outside of the Hub. Any guidance on this would be appreciated.
    If you don't like it, don't use it. It's redundant to have both enabled unless you have a specific reason.
    03-07-19 09:31 AM
148 ... 23456