There's very little chance that a new LE would have the same problem. You're the only one who's experienced any issue whatsoever with the LE's keyboard so far.
    If you wanted to wait it out till the next device, that would be around summer time like usual so you'd have at least 7-8 months to enjoy the KEY2 LE before something else comes out.

In the display settings, you can enable "Ambient display" which will wake the screen for a few seconds when you get a notification.

Since this phone has an LCD display, an "always on display" would be the worst idea ever.

Anyway, it sure beats sticking to a slow Classic.
    K3/K3LE will come together in summer? I do not want to change a phone for another few years so I will stick with K2LE for as many years as possible. That is why I bought 64gb version instead of smaller but nicer color.
    It is too much money for a phone to change it every year. It was three-four months of saving for this one - different country = different wages.

So when I think I have to live with invisible LED for another 3 years.. I would throw it out of widow sooner .
    11-27-18 08:20 AM
    K3/K3LE will come together in summer? I do not want to change a phone for another few years so I will stick with K2LE for as many years as possible. That is why I bought 64gb version instead of smaller but nicer color.
    It is too much money for a phone to change it every year. It was three-four months of saving for this one - different country = different wages.

So when I think I have to live with invisible LED for another 3 years.. I would throw it out of widow sooner .
    With the money you get from your current LE, these are your options in order of my personal recommendation (if you want a PKB device of course)

-Get another same exact LE

-Wait for the Atomic to be available where you are

-Get a used KEY2 for around the same price

-Get a KEYone (preferably Black Edition) and probably have leftover $

-Wait for KEY3/KEY3 LE
    11-27-18 08:29 AM
    With the money you get from your current LE, these are your options in order of my personal recommendation (if you want a PKB device of course)

-Get another same exact LE

-Wait for the Atomic to be available where you are

-Get a used KEY2 for around the same price

-Get a KEYone (preferably Black Edition) and probably have leftover $

-Wait for KEY3/KEY3 LE
    I would not buy K2LE with android if there is nonandroid PKB (qwerty and not PDA as Gemini). I would prefer free and open Sailfish with PKB, even when the Sailfish is not complete, missing features. But is stable, Android apps (I need very few of them) works with Oreo now. But VKB kills it for me . PKB > free OS

- I do not like Atomic.. and it may seems to have even more hw problems. Slate had probably none, champagne keys - probably just lucky me . Who knows with TCL..

- none used Key2 in my country Operators did not sell them yet (and maybe never will). Imported will be expensive..

- KeyOne only black, all used one are german qwertz, new costs the same as K2LE
    Most used K1/K2 in Europe are german qwertz because amazon.de has great pricing and many sales during year. But Android cannot handle changeing keyboard layout and I had qwertz phone before (Nokia E7) and do not want it again..

- K3LE would be option but who know what will TCL brake now? I like that navigation buttons do now hide - at first I did not liked it but now using the phone, I like it. It feels like using Classic again - I used back button a lot. And I do not see what would K3LE have better. LE with capacitive keyboard would be a deal. But they will remove static navigation button for Pie and again I won't be happy . I believe they will do something stupid like now with LED on LE. It should be the same as K2 has which you say is good.

So the best option is to new piece of K2LE - that is why I bought it at first. But I did not know that LED will be that bad . If there were any leaks on k3.. . They must know at this moment how will it look, what will be changed.
    BTW, I have a feeling that H is getting worse during this day. :/
    11-27-18 09:03 AM
    I would not buy K2LE with android if there is nonandroid PKB (qwerty and not PDA as Gemini). I would prefer free and open Sailfish with PKB, even when the Sailfish is not complete, missing features. But is stable, Android apps (I need very few of them) works with Oreo now. But VKB kills it for me . PKB > free OS

- I do not like Atomic.. and it may seems to have even more hw problems. Slate had probably none, champagne keys - probably just lucky me . Who knows with TCL..

- none used Key2 in my country Operators did not sell them yet (and maybe never will). Imported will be expensive..

- KeyOne only black, all used one are german qwertz, new costs the same as K2LE
    Most used K1/K2 in Europe are german qwertz because amazon.de has great pricing and many sales during year. But Android cannot handle changeing keyboard layout and I had qwertz phone before (Nokia E7) and do not want it again..

- K3LE would be option but who know what will TCL brake now? I like that navigation buttons do now hide - at first I did not liked it but now using the phone, I like it. It feels like using Classic again - I used back button a lot. And I do not see what would K3LE have better. LE with capacitive keyboard would be a deal. But they will remove static navigation button for Pie and again I won't be happy . I believe they will do something stupid like now with LED on LE. It should be the same as K2 has which you say is good.

So the best option is to new piece of K2LE - that is why I bought it at first. But I did not know that LED will be that bad . If there were any leaks on k3.. . They must know at this moment how will it look, what will be changed.
    BTW, I have a feeling that H is getting worse during this day. :/
    Yeah don't waste any time, return the LE asap and then you'll see what you want to do with the €.

This is what warranties are for...
    11-27-18 10:06 AM
    Yeah don't waste any time, return the LE asap and then you'll see what you want to do with the €.

The seller confirmed that I can return LE and get a new device which is fine.

My biggest problem is LED and I do not understand why they did it so small . I just charged Classic (I am still using it because I have PulseSecure installed for login in my work and security in our company is sloooow to give me a new token for a new device) and left it on table, one meter from me. Now, I got email, K2LE is in front of me on table, between me and keyboard so I can see it when notification starts blinking LED. Funny is that Classic got my attention on a new email with LED which is so bright, I can see it when looking other way.. And LED on LE.. When I knew that Classic was blinking, I looked at LE and see the LED.. That is bad .

I found in play store I found many application which instead of LED blinking use flash. Would be great if there is front flash but maybe flash on back when device lay on table will be more visible then this tiny LED . Still, it will eat battery probably a lot.

If there are any knew about K3, I would probably wait for it. But, too many question are about it - will there be LE? How much it will costs (K2LE is over 140€ more then I wanted to pay)? Will the LED be fixed? Will the keyboard be smaller? No navigation buttons? (Pie gestures from what I have seen are just for fun, it is no way near BB10 gestures, or full screen gestures on MIUI from Xiaomi). And I want back button at bottom because Andoird standard is having software back button on top. Seems like that Classic is the way until it die with dignity .
    11-28-18 03:33 AM

My biggest problem is LED and I do not understand why they did it so small . I just charged Classic (I am still using it because I have PulseSecure installed for login in my work and security in our company is sloooow to give me a new token for a new device) and left it on table, one meter from me. Now, I got email, K2LE is in front of me on table, between me and keyboard so I can see it when notification starts blinking LED. Funny is that Classic got my attention on a new email with LED which is so bright, I can see it when looking other way.. And LED on LE.. When I knew that Classic was blinking, I looked at LE and see the LED.. That is bad .

I found in play store I found many application which instead of LED blinking use flash. Would be great if there is front flash but maybe flash on back when device lay on table will be more visible then this tiny LED . Still, it will eat battery probably a lot.

If there are any knew about K3, I would probably wait for it. But, too many question are about it - will there be LE? How much it will costs (K2LE is over 140€ more then I wanted to pay)? Will the LED be fixed? Will the keyboard be smaller? No navigation buttons? (Pie gestures from what I have seen are just for fun, it is no way near BB10 gestures, or full screen gestures on MIUI from Xiaomi). And I want back button at bottom because Andoird standard is having software back button on top. Seems like that Classic is the way until it die with dignity .
    If the Classic and all its limitations still works for you in late 2018, then I guess you could stick to it and see what comes up next, but it's definitely gonna be in at least a few months.
    11-28-18 03:51 AM
    If the Classic and all its limitations still works for you in late 2018, then I guess you could stick to it and see what comes up next, but it's definitely gonna be in at least a few months.

I found in play store I found many application which instead of LED blinking use flash. Would be great if there is front flash but maybe flash on back when device lay on table will be more visible then this tiny LED . Still, it will eat battery probably a lot. TRIED, when phone is on flat surface, the flash canno be seen..

If there are any news about K3, I would probably wait for it. But, too many question are about it - will there be LE? How much it will costs (K2LE is over 140€ more then I wanted to pay)? Will the LED be fixed? Will the keyboard be smaller? No navigation buttons? (Pie gestures from what I have seen are no way near BB10 gestures, or full screen gestures on MIUI from Xiaomi). And I want back button at bottom because Andoird standard says - software back button on top.
    Seems like that Classic is the way until it die with dignity .
    What are Classic limitations? Missing >=4.4 android runtime. Old battery which need replacing and new pouch because mine is in terrible state. And slow browser.

PS: I just missed important call half an hour before. I went to toilet, as usually I left phone at table. When I get back, I did not noticed the red led saying I missed the call.
    TODO: Learn to check the phone regularly every few minutes.
    Btw, thank you for support
    the_boon likes this.
    11-28-18 08:44 AM
    I think I can "fix" the LED with some application which will reminds missed calls and SMS (and whatever else) by pushing another notification every minute or two so Ambient screen will be a good notice if you miss it at first time. Or just showing unlock screen for a second or two.
    Should not eat battery because it won't need to be enabling screen all the time, just when important event happened. Does anyone know similar app?
    11-29-18 04:21 AM
    I think I can "fix" the LED with some application which will reminds missed calls and SMS (and whatever else) by pushing another notification every minute or two so Ambient screen will be a good notice if you miss it at first time. Or just showing unlock screen for a second or two.
    Should not eat battery because it won't need to be enabling screen all the time, just when important event happened. Does anyone know similar app?
    Why use a third party app? Just enable "wake screen for notifications" in the display settings
    11-29-18 11:24 AM
    Why use a third party app? Just enable "wake screen for notifications" in the display settings
    I already have that but it wake only for a few seconds and never more. I want it to wake again and again, for example, every two minutes for missed calls and not unimportant facebook until I found out I missed a call.
    11-29-18 01:04 PM
    I already have that but it wake only for a few seconds and never more. I want it to wake again and again, for example, every two minutes for missed calls and not unimportant facebook until I found out I missed a call.
    Do you find the LE to be that bad that you need this lol?
    11-29-18 01:21 PM
    Do you find the LE to be that bad that you need this lol?
    Notification LED on LE, yes . If the dwarfs remove it during night, I would not notice it
    11-29-18 02:02 PM
    Partial fix of the pity LED. Now it is 4/10 of 10/10 = BB10 phones. Standard with LE lying on table is 2/10.
    Official 'I got my BlackBerry KEY2 LE' thread!-img_20181130_111356.jpg
    aka modified tea cardbox
    11-30-18 07:22 AM
    Partial fix of the pity LED. Now it is 4/10 of 10/10 = BB10 phones. Standard with LE lying on table is 2/10.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181130_111356.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	441551
    aka modified tea cardbox
    So that's the new one? You returned the first LE ?
    11-30-18 07:38 AM
    So that's the new one? You returned the first LE ?
    I have returned it today morning and they got me a new one. Did not have time to open and and set it up all again yet. But soon . There is European Union law which guarantee that I can return item in 14 days after the purchase/pickup if it has no marks of usage. So the big shops in these 14 days will replace item without question (you can return it and buy a new one so it would not get sense).

I was thinking my alternatives.. Used Classic again for 24hours and it IS slow (I never noticed it), no ad blocking in browser (how great to hear ad video sound somewhere on lunch ) and much much better keyboard then on K2LE. Harder to press on Classic but much more feedback from keyboard to fingers, I very rarely misstype with Classic. Cannot say that about K2LE..
    So back to Classic I did not wanted to, even for the keyboard - K2LE still has very god keyboard
    K1 - small keyboard, I would say that K2LE has small keyboard but than I compared it to K1..

K2 - bigger keyboard but cold case and many says with problem with reception. Low price only for used without any previous owner/s history and I prefer a new device after years of buying used. I want this phone to lasts ad much as possible..

K3 - found some leaks but hard to tell if true. If it is true then I want it all . IF yhe leaks are true, I do not want K3..

So I run out of options and stayed with K2LE and have to get used to stupid android
    the_boon likes this.
    12-01-18 03:00 PM
    I have returned it today morning and they got me a new one. Did not have time to open and and set it up all again yet. But soon . There is European Union law which guarantee that I can return item in 14 days after the purchase/pickup if it has no marks of usage. So the big shops in these 14 days will replace item without question (you can return it and buy a new one so it would not get sense).

I was thinking my alternatives.. Used Classic again for 24hours and it IS slow (I never noticed it), no ad blocking in browser (how great to hear ad video sound somewhere on lunch ) and much much better keyboard then on K2LE. Harder to press on Classic but much more feedback from keyboard to fingers, I very rarely misstype with Classic. Cannot say that about K2LE..
    So back to Classic I did not wanted to, even for the keyboard - K2LE still has very god keyboard
    K1 - small keyboard, I would say that K2LE has small keyboard but than I compared it to K1..

K2 - bigger keyboard but cold case and many says with problem with reception. Low price only for used without any previous owner/s history and I prefer a new device after years of buying used. I want this phone to lasts ad much as possible..

K3 - found some leaks but hard to tell if true. If it is true then I want it all . IF yhe leaks are true, I do not want K3..

So I run out of options and stayed with K2LE and have to get used to stupid android
    K3 leaks are pretty much fake news....
    12-02-18 08:57 AM
    K3 leaks are pretty much fake news....
    And that's a good thing, if by "leaks" you're referring to that atrocious concept design of a notched 16:9 display with a tiny PKB on the bottom lol
    12-02-18 09:03 AM
    I do not care about K3 not, maybe K5 as I have K2LE now..

The LED on LE can be good if it wants to, I am charging it now before starting it (had only 1/3 of battery) and it shines fine. Not as good as Classic but if it was this visible always, I won't be so much whining..Official 'I got my BlackBerry KEY2 LE' thread!-img_20181202_171342.jpg
    I cannot make to photo where it look as good as it is IRL. But charging LED notification is best LED notification which LE get me .

Also, to be more on topic:
    Official 'I got my BlackBerry KEY2 LE' thread!-small_r0015270.jpg.jpgOfficial 'I got my BlackBerry KEY2 LE' thread!-small_r0015273.jpg.jpgOfficial 'I got my BlackBerry KEY2 LE' thread!-small_r0015274.jpg.jpgOfficial 'I got my BlackBerry KEY2 LE' thread!-small_r0015277.jpg.jpgOfficial 'I got my BlackBerry KEY2 LE' thread!-small_r0015278.jpg.jpgOfficial 'I got my BlackBerry KEY2 LE' thread!-small_r0015279.jpg.jpgOfficial 'I got my BlackBerry KEY2 LE' thread!-small_r0015280.jpg.jpgOfficial 'I got my BlackBerry KEY2 LE' thread!-small_r0015281.jpg.jpgOfficial 'I got my BlackBerry KEY2 LE' thread!-small_r0015282.jpg.jpgOfficial 'I got my BlackBerry KEY2 LE' thread!-small_r0015272.jpg.jpgOfficial 'I got my BlackBerry KEY2 LE' thread!-small_r0015283.jpg.jpg
    the_boon likes this.
    12-02-18 04:04 PM
    I do not care about K3 not, maybe K5 as I have K2LE now..

The LED on LE can be good if it wants to, I am charging it now before starting it (had only 1/3 of battery) and it shines fine. Not as good as Classic but if it was this visible always, I won't be so much whining..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181202_171342.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	441581
    I cannot make to photo where it look as good as it is IRL. But charging LED notification is best LED notification which LE get me .

Also, to be more on topic:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small_R0015270.JPG.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	878.2 KB 
ID:	441582Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small_R0015273.JPG.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	886.2 KB 
ID:	441583Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small_R0015274.JPG.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	862.4 KB 
ID:	441584Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small_R0015277.JPG.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	870.7 KB 
ID:	441585Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small_R0015278.JPG.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	841.4 KB 
ID:	441586Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small_R0015279.JPG.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	852.7 KB 
ID:	441588Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small_R0015280.JPG.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	863.9 KB 
ID:	441587Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small_R0015281.JPG.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	799.1 KB 
ID:	441589Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small_R0015282.JPG.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	826.0 KB 
ID:	441590Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small_R0015272.JPG.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	760.6 KB 
ID:	441591Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small_R0015283.JPG.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	441592
    Nice! Hope you're enjoying your LE
    12-02-18 05:05 PM
    So the dim LED is capable of decent brightness? Well, how do we bring BBMo to remind this when they roll out the next firm wäre update?
    12-04-18 12:39 AM
    So the dim LED is capable of decent brightness? Well, how do we bring BBMo to remind this when they roll out the next firm wäre update?
    Very interested on this too, why led don't get highest bright without charging...
    12-04-18 03:49 AM
    I got mine this past Saturday. Since 2005 I had had 16 different BlackBerry models prior. I spent a year away when my Priv died with a Pixel phone. It died with the 2nd pie update and I got a Sony Xperia XA2 cheap while working with google to get the pixel replaced. I was holding out due to price and color choice. Was really wanting the Key2 but I have Verizon. I said F it and went to Best Buy and got mine. To my delight turns out Slate has a blue, or azure, tinge to it. My favorite color is blue. Build quality is very good. The plastic is very fitting as most BlackBerries have been constructed of very similar, durable materials. You never felt uneasy about handling and potentially dropping your BlackBerry back in the day and this feels like the old school BlackBerry. As far at the rest of it goes. Nice job BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile. What great improvements have been made since the Priv. I loved the Priv but it's performance was garbage in many ways. This is going to be a workhorse for communication while allowing me the ability to take very acceptable pictures, listen to tunes, and get any apps I may desire. I am an old time BlackBerry addict. The battery lasts all day and then some when Power Center is utilized. Reminds me of the batteries of the 8103 and 7130. They never hit the charger until bed time. I had made many calls yesterday, listened to some music for a bit, messaged 100s of time, got 100s of emails, forgot to put on charger last night and 23 hours and 14 minutes later I had 16% battery life left. Like a lot of folks have said, this very much reminds me of my 9903 but up to date of course. Since having the Priv I thought I would miss the capacitive touch screen; however, not true. I actually realized all the mistakes caused my that feature are gone. I have yet to tap into all the functionality that is available on this phone. Give me time. It's only been 3 whole days. If you are seeking a new BlackBerry go for it. You will not regret it. Great Phone!
    Last edited by Jiggy1971; 12-05-18 at 05:08 PM.
    the_boon likes this.
    12-05-18 08:10 AM
    Got my atomic yesterday love it, but having a key 2 also it does get a bit confusing when I'm used to capacitive KB
    Attached Thumbnails Official 'I got my BlackBerry KEY2 LE' thread!-27081.jpg  
    12-06-18 09:16 AM
    Got my atomic yesterday love it, but having a key 2 also it does get a bit confusing when I'm used to capacitive KB
    Yes, it can be so confuse, send me the atomic, it will be the best for you.
    Bracken81 likes this.
    12-06-18 10:34 AM
    so I got my key2 le the day before yesterday and I was loving it after getting things fixed with Verizon to receive text. then I found out I had hardware issues with my fingerprint sensor. took it back and got another one and that one had a Crack in the screen, but that led me to find a champagne one in another city where now everything works and I love it! this will be my phone until there is a key3 or something better from blackberry.
    12-13-18 07:10 AM
148 12345 ...