A bit overdue, but now that it the device has filtered out to more areas - https://crackberry.com/where-buy-blackberry-key2-le let us know if you got your hands on the KEY2 LE!
    the_boon and synchronize like this.
    10-22-18 03:42 PM
    I got it on my hands since 19 Oct, a brand new quartz bought on amazon.
    Very happy with it.
    10-23-18 08:51 PM
    Got my Key2 LE last Friday the 19th as well. Love it so far. Coming from the Passport/iPhone SE combo. getting used to the keyboard as the Passport was amazing in that regard. Also getting used to Android but it's great to get a PKB, the Hub and all the apps I need back in one phone.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-24-18 08:04 PM
    I got mine this morning, at Best Buy (Philadelphia). It was the only one in stock, and the sales person's initial reply was "We don't have any BlackBerrys". I said, "The web site says there's one at this store. Why don't you check your database?" Sure enough, there was one there.

My initial reactions are mixed. I used a PKB for years, from the 8900, I think it was, to the PassPort. As of today, I'm finding it a bit hard to get used to again, but I'm sure I'll improve, especially as I add my text shorthand.

My biggest concern at the moment, which I posted in "Ask a Question", is my inability to add my work G-Suite account to the Hub. If I can't get that working, it's going back. But I have to believe there's some way to do it.

My other concern is that the system font size, even at the largest setting available, is still a bit small for my tastes. I'm 65 and I like to keep things easily readable. The largest size is okay, but just a little smaller than I'd like. We'll see how I get on with that over a few days.

In terms of performance, it's just a tad slower than my LG G6, not surprisingly. Doesn't bother me, and I think the battery endurance will more than compensate. Even with my fiddling with settings, downloading apps, and so on, the battery hasn't taken that much of a hit. I'm impressed, considering the G6 battery is significantly bigger.

I didn't think I'd really like the Productivity Tab, but I do. For one thing, it's a good place to stash my weather and Feedly widgets, and a good way to quickly check my agenda. Well done. I wanted to give BlackBerry Launcher a chance, instead of switching right over to Nova; I'm glad I did.

The Hub itself, apart from the account problem mentioned above, is much as I remember it.

I haven't set up speed key shortcuts yet, but that should make a big difference too. I tried watching video and had no complaints. 90% of what I watch is either talking heads or music anyway, and the visuals are secondary. When I need a somewhat bigger image, landscape is fine.

That's it for now. I'm just hoping the G-Suite account problem has a fix.
    the_boon and Mansuet like this.
    10-25-18 04:31 PM
    I have had my LE for about 2 and a half weeks now. Absolutely love the phone, even though my primary is a KEY2 at the moment. Keeping it a secondary, but may switch back and forth to it from the KEY2.

The LE imo is very reliable and it hasn't had a single issue with it so far.

The reception is miles better than the KEYone, and a bit better than the KEY2 as well but not as much of a difference. The lighter weight is so amazing, it really makes for effortless typing.
    The polycarbonate build was a brilliant idea after all.
    I don't really see any downsides aside from the notification LED which doesn't pulsate smoothly and isn't as bright as the KEY2.
    Also, the camera isn't impressive, but does fine in well lit conditions.

Can't wait for the Atomic version to hit retailers.
    ElGorgon likes this.
    10-25-18 05:22 PM
    I have had my LE for about 2 and a half weeks now. Absolutely love the phone, even though my primary is a KEY2 at the moment. Keeping it a secondary, but may switch back and forth to it from the KEY2.

The LE imo is very reliable and it hasn't had a single issue with it so far.

The reception is miles better than the KEYone, and a bit better than the KEY2 as well but not as much of a difference. The lighter weight is so amazing, it really makes for effortless typing.
    The polycarbonate build was a brilliant idea after all.
    I don't really see any downsides aside from the notification LED which doesn't pulsate smoothly and isn't as bright as the KEY2.
    Also, the camera isn't impressive, but does fine in well lit conditions.

Can't wait for the Atomic version to hit retailers.
    Led light is maybe only issue for me, not exactly an issue, cause it works, but I would prefer the traditional big size led from Blackberry of course. Coming from s8, I really feel this lack. Samsung has also a fantastic big and bright led.
    10-27-18 11:23 AM
    I got mine this morning, at Best Buy (Philadelphia). It was the only one in stock, and the sales person's initial reply was "We don't have any BlackBerrys". I said, "The web site says there's one at this store. Why don't you check your database?" Sure enough, there was one there.

My initial reactions are mixed. I used a PKB for years, from the 8900, I think it was, to the PassPort. As of today, I'm finding it a bit hard to get used to again, but I'm sure I'll improve, especially as I add my text shorthand.

My biggest concern at the moment, which I posted in "Ask a Question", is my inability to add my work G-Suite account to the Hub. If I can't get that working, it's going back. But I have to believe there's some way to do it.

My other concern is that the system font size, even at the largest setting available, is still a bit small for my tastes. I'm 65 and I like to keep things easily readable. The largest size is okay, but just a little smaller than I'd like. We'll see how I get on with that over a few days.

In terms of performance, it's just a tad slower than my LG G6, not surprisingly. Doesn't bother me, and I think the battery endurance will more than compensate. Even with my fiddling with settings, downloading apps, and so on, the battery hasn't taken that much of a hit. I'm impressed, considering the G6 battery is significantly bigger.

I didn't think I'd really like the Productivity Tab, but I do. For one thing, it's a good place to stash my weather and Feedly widgets, and a good way to quickly check my agenda. Well done. I wanted to give BlackBerry Launcher a chance, instead of switching right over to Nova; I'm glad I did.

The Hub itself, apart from the account problem mentioned above, is much as I remember it.

I haven't set up speed key shortcuts yet, but that should make a big difference too. I tried watching video and had no complaints. 90% of what I watch is either talking heads or music anyway, and the visuals are secondary. When I need a somewhat bigger image, landscape is fine.

That's it for now. I'm just hoping the G-Suite account problem has a fix.
    Turn on developer settings (tap on the build number until it says you are a developer.)
    In developer settings turn all 3 animation speeds to 0.5x.
    This should put your KEY²LE's speed on par with the G6 IMO.
    ubizmo likes this.
    10-27-18 11:39 AM
    Here's another question. Is there a way to pop the virtual keyboard up when needed? The only thing I see in Settings is an option to keep it there anytime there's text entry, but I only want it for foreign language stuff.

I set the currency key to switch keyboards but it doesn't pop gboard up.
    10-27-18 04:10 PM
    Turn on developer settings (tap on the build number until it says you are a developer.)
    Thank you, that helped.
    10-27-18 04:11 PM
    Samsung has also a fantastic big and bright led.
    Hardware wise, yes the LED is there and fairly big and bright. However, it's firmware implementation sucks. The flashing rate is weird, and it doesn't use the colors well. It definitely needs a third party app like Light Manager to be anything close to BB's implementation
    10-28-18 02:52 AM
    Hardware wise, yes the LED is there and fairly big and bright. However, it's firmware implementation sucks. The flashing rate is weird, and it doesn't use the colors well. It definitely needs a third party app like Light Manager to be anything close to BB's implementation
    Give notification access (wich all that means) to a third party app is too much for me. I'll stay with it.
    10-28-18 02:59 AM
    Would that affect battery life at all?
    10-28-18 06:50 AM
    Absolutely not.
    10-28-18 06:54 AM
    Absolutely not.
    Thanks!
    10-28-18 07:13 AM
    Not directly, but the quicker you can finish what you're doing, the shorter the time your screen needs to be on, which is always going to be the biggest drain.
    10-29-18 09:54 AM
    Got one ... again ... after returning the first one, when it didn't initially fully function on the Verizon network. All okay now.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-29-18 10:13 AM
    LOVING the larger keyboard, the weight and balance are perfect. The polycarbonate build makes this the first BlackBerry since my Bold 9700 I am using without a case!!
    ElGorgon and the_boon like this.
    10-30-18 11:55 AM
    LOVING the larger keyboard, the weight and balance are perfect. The polycarbonate build makes this the first BlackBerry since my Bold 9700 I am using without a case!!
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3c61f45c8c.jpg
    Is it lawnchair launcher? Yes, balance is perfect on this device.
    10-30-18 12:12 PM
    Is it lawnchair launcher?
    Nova Prime
    ElGorgon likes this.
    10-30-18 12:12 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3c61f45c8c.jpg
    Glad you like it. Hopefully this Verizon issue can be resolved for you asap
    10-30-18 12:14 PM
    I testes lawnchair and it rocks, hard to choque between them.
    10-30-18 12:14 PM
    I testes lawnchair and it rocks, hard to choque between them.
    Can you guess what comes next in this word progression "testes" ..."choque"..?
    If you guessed "monkey" that would be correct.
    10-30-18 12:23 PM
    Can you guess what comes next in this word progression "testes" ..."choque"..?
    If you guessed "monkey" that would be correct.
    Lol I got my Spanish keyboard, wanted to say tested and choose...
    10-30-18 12:31 PM
    Lol I got my Spanish keyboard, wanted to say tested and choose...
    When I read that my gutter mind kicked in and I couldn't resist.
    10-30-18 12:45 PM
    Got my Key2. Defective out of box. Looks like BBMo is continuing their trend of pathetic quality control. My "L" key and the keys around it are crunching as if there is cereal under the keyboard. Now I"m going through the RMA process. If I get a refurbished device for my brand new one that is defective on Day 1, I'm returning it and never buying BB again. Enough is enough
    10-31-18 01:24 PM
148 123 ...