Anyone know where I can get an OEM battery for the KEY2LE? I have contacted Blackberry who sent me to the manufacturer of the phone (TCL corp in Hong Kong) - they advised me they no longer manufacture the phone and have no idea how to get a battery since they don't sell parts. They sent me to a website; CELLSPARE.com, but they only had 2 items for sale for the KEY2LE - of course, no battery.

HELP!!!!!
    04-01-21 02:41 PM
    A reputable seller on EBay.
    04-01-21 03:45 PM
    Thanks for your response; tried EBAY but the ones they claim to be for key2le are not compatible
    04-02-21 11:27 AM
    Thanks for your response; tried EBAY but the ones they claim to be for key2le are not compatible
    Hmmm, let me see. Where are you based?
    04-02-21 03:12 PM
    Try here

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-B...UvbUpU13578042
    mh1983 likes this.
    04-02-21 04:28 PM
    Thank you for your response; that is all they have on Ebay and my repairman bought it and had to return it; it doesn't fit the LE - correct OEM part # is TLP029C1 - the Ebay one (brand LONGER) is TLP035B1 as I found out the hard way -- I contacted Blackberry; they referred me to the manufacturer of the KEY2 and KEY2LE who is TCL Communications who I contacted and was told that they no longer manufacture these phones and they don't have any spare parts. Interestingly enough, the guy at TCL also told me that Blackberry has found another manufacturer who will be making phones "soon". He didn't tell me who that was or what phones they were going to be manufacturing. My humble opinion is that those of us with the KEY2 family are screwed when our chosen phones die/get hurt/misbehave (mine in particular took a bath in a local hottub with the only consequence being a fried battery). I'm learning a lot lately.

Thanks again
    04-02-21 04:56 PM
    Thank you for your response; that is all they have on Ebay and my repairman bought it and had to return it; it doesn't fit the LE - correct OEM part # is TLP029C1 - the Ebay one (brand LONGER) is TLP035B1 as I found out the hard way -- I contacted Blackberry; they referred me to the manufacturer of the KEY2 and KEY2LE who is TCL Communications who I contacted and was told that they no longer manufacture these phones and they don't have any spare parts. Interestingly enough, the guy at TCL also told me that Blackberry has found another manufacturer who will be making phones "soon". He didn't tell me who that was or what phones they were going to be manufacturing. My humble opinion is that those of us with the KEY2 family are screwed when our chosen phones die/get hurt/misbehave (mine in particular took a bath in a local hottub with the only consequence being a fried battery). I'm learning a lot lately.

Thanks again
    How do you know the battery is fried?
    I really doubt your battery would have become damaged from water.
    04-02-21 06:30 PM
    My repair tech couldn't power it on. So he found a (non-OEM) battery on Ebay (said it also works with Alcatel and Jitterbug phones) and it powered right up. Unfortunately, the phone works perfectly except it discharges VERY fast. He doesn't consider it repaired until it works perfectly so he's looking for the right battery.
    04-02-21 06:54 PM
    My repair tech couldn't power it on. So he found a (non-OEM) battery on Ebay (said it also works with Alcatel and Jitterbug phones) and it powered right up. Unfortunately, the phone works perfectly except it discharges VERY fast. He doesn't consider it repaired until it works perfectly so he's looking for the right battery.
    It sounds like a connection on a board shorted and then that's what fried the battery.
    Can your repair tech charge it while they have the other battery connected?
    04-02-21 06:59 PM
    I don't know; I'll have to ask him Monday.

Thanks for the input
    04-02-21 07:11 PM