With my K1, I used to clear the cache and reboot the phone each week. On my K2LE, I can't even find where the cache is. Can't find (in settings) how to assess how much memory is being used either, except to open the power center app.

Is this something worth pursuing in this version of Android?

Tom
    01-14-19 08:51 AM
    With my K1, I used to clear the cache and reboot the phone each week. On my K2LE, I can't even find where the cache is. Can't find (in settings) how to assess how much memory is being used either, except to open the power center app.

Is this something worth pursuing in this version of Android?

Tom
    Since Android Oreo, there is no longer a need to manually clear the cache.
    01-14-19 09:29 AM
    Unless a particular app is causing you problems... I wouldn't worry about it.

If you need to fix that app... go into settings > app > "app in question" and you should be able to clear the cache.
    01-14-19 09:36 AM
    Interesting change from Nugat.

I still notice that my memory usage indicated in the power center app will go from 70% used to approx 50% used with a reboot (if the phone has run for a week or so). So, apparently, Android still hasn't perfected memory management.

Tom
    01-14-19 02:27 PM
    Interesting change from Nugat.

I still notice that my memory usage indicated in the power center app will go from 70% used to approx 50% used with a reboot (if the phone has run for a week or so). So, apparently, Android still hasn't perfected memory management.

Tom
    Memory usage is fluid.... most times you should see most of it being used, but that shouldn't affect other apps. If it's not being used, it's wasted.
    01-14-19 02:43 PM
    Memory usage is fluid.... most times you should see most of it being used, but that shouldn't affect other apps. If it's not being used, it's wasted.
    The whole reason I switched from my K1 to the K2LE was because I wasn't "wasting" enough memory. Too much used, caused slow downs and memory low messages.

If it's not being used, it's not wasted, it's working better.

-Tom
    01-14-19 07:54 PM