So I am definitely going to be buying a Key2 LE very shortly (I just bought the Key2 last week but will be switching to the Key2 LE for the better weight balance) and I am trying to decide whether I should buy the phone from Verizon Business when it comes out (hopefully in several weeks) or Amazon. Here are some things I am not sure about:

1) I don't currently have a Verizon business account and one is needed to buy the phone from them (I spoke to their small business telesales to confirm). So I would need to switch my 2 accounts to the business side at the same pricing, which I can do (because I own my own business). I have had a consumer account with VZW for 19 years and have never switched to the business side so I am not sure about the pros/cons of doing so, especially as it relates to switching back to the consumer side later on if need be. If anyone has any experience with that I would love to hear your thoughts about the pros/cons. Apparently the pricing is identical until you have 5+ lines, at which point there is a discount.
    2) In the past I have bought ALL of my phones (including my Classic) for VZW's in-store warranty support despite the higher pricing (just for convenience). So that's definitely a plus from my perspective vs buying it from Amazon unless anyone has any thoughts on this? I realize pricing might be higher via VZW.
    3) I believe typically phones sold via carriers receive updates MUCH slower than unlocked phones from Amazon. Is this still true and is that an important factor I should consider here?
    4) Is there anything else I am missing?

I look forward to your thoughts. The main advantage to buying it from Amazon is that I can buy it this week vs waiting without knowing when it will be released via VZW, while the main advantage of buying it from VZW is the warranty support. But perhaps I am missing some important considerations...

Thanks in-advance for your help!
    Jeremy
    01-08-19 05:47 PM
    I would wait for the Verizon model because it may support wifi calling.
    01-08-19 05:54 PM
    I would wait for the Verizon model because it may support wifi calling.
    There is no indication of a distinct Verizon variant.
    01-08-19 06:21 PM
    There is no indication of a distinct Verizon variant.
    But it will come with the verizon bloatware including wifi calling app no?
    01-08-19 06:22 PM
    But it will come with the verizon bloatware including wifi calling app no?
    Hard to say. Maybe one of the existing BBE100-5 variants will be given special status. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Or maybe the app will be a special download.
    01-08-19 06:24 PM
    Hard to say. Maybe one of the existing BBE100-5 variants will be given special status. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Or maybe the app will be a special download.
    Hope springs eternal:-)
    01-09-19 12:03 AM
    I believe the business account with unlimited data is less than a consumer account.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-19 07:35 AM
    I have had a consumer account with VZW for 19 years
    Any grandfathered plans and discounts would be lost if you switch.
    01-09-19 03:31 PM
    Thanks for everyone's feedback. I think I am going to call consumer customer service and ask them their perspective on how I would be handled calling them if I had a business account and whether there are issues switching an account back from business to consumer. I actually have a current plan (nothing grandfathered) so that won't be an issue but I'm definitely afraid of what I don't know in terms of it causing a future problem...
    01-09-19 07:01 PM