Disable Chrome. You won't belive until you see it. Just do it.
    phuoc and Blindsman like this.
    03-14-19 01:50 PM
    Disable Chrome. You won't belive until you see it. Just do it.
    ....and disable the Hub as well. In my opinion, the Hub isn't nearly as usefull as it was on BB10 and it really needs a lot of resources
    phuoc likes this.
    03-14-19 02:09 PM
    Hmmmm. Which browser do you use, then?

I have a recent Key2 with 6 G of RAM, so it's plenty fast - as I was typing I realized that you were talking about the LE ... sorry.

Honestly the Key2 is fast enough without any optimizing, but again, you're talking about the LE....
    Smokeaire likes this.
    03-14-19 03:57 PM
    ....and disable the Hub as well. In my opinion, the Hub isn't nearly as usefull as it was on BB10 and it really needs a lot of resources
    Hmm, up until recently I always had my Hub disabled and used the Outlook app instead, but I find the Hub to be better as an e-mail Client, and besides, for some reason there are no more LED notification alerts with the Outlook app as of several updates ago.

But I'm all for saving even more battery so if anyone has a solid e-mail Client that sips less than the Hub, I'm all ears
    03-14-19 05:20 PM
    Hmmmm. Which browser do you use, then?
    I’m going to try Firefox Focus
    03-14-19 05:58 PM
    I’m done with the Hub. Can’t get emails working properly so sticking with Gmail.
    phuoc likes this.
    03-14-19 05:59 PM
    I’m done with the Hub. Can’t get emails working properly so sticking with Gmail.
    But what about if you have an outlook account ?
    03-14-19 06:37 PM
    It's linked to my Gmail account.
    03-14-19 06:39 PM
    Is there a BBM group for the LE?
    Eric Hallemann likes this.
    03-14-19 06:58 PM
    Nine for email. Worth every penny.
    03-14-19 07:39 PM
    Nine for email. Worth every penny.
    Does it give control over notification LED ?
    03-14-19 08:10 PM
    Does it give control over notification LED ?
    Yeah. I have it glow reddish for emails which seems to work just fine for me.
    03-14-19 08:59 PM
    Yeah. I have it glow reddish for emails which seems to work just fine for me.
    You can download a fully functioning version for 14 days I believe.
    03-14-19 09:00 PM
    Don't stop at Chrome, keep going and remove google maps and YouTube. Here maps with offline maps downloads is far superior. New pipe is a better YouTube client.

Kiwi browser just introduced a new fearure where the window can be pulled down with a single tap. This would be ideal for PKB phones with the address bar at the bottom.
    03-14-19 09:16 PM
    Don't stop at Chrome, keep going and remove google maps and YouTube. Here maps with offline maps downloads is far superior. New pipe is a better YouTube client.

Kiwi browser just introduced a new fearure where the window can be pulled down with a single tap. This would be ideal for PKB phones with the address bar at the bottom.
    I can't see myself disabling Google Maps... or YouTube... or Keep... or G Contacts... or G Calendar... or..GAHH I'm too dependent on Google everything lol!
    03-14-19 10:41 PM
    I can't see myself disabling Google Maps... or YouTube... or Keep... or G Contacts... or G Calendar... or..GAHH I'm too dependent on Google everything lol!
    It's liberating to move away from services that exist in exchange for data collection. Here maps was on Windows phones and is far superior because of its speed within offline maps.

The day I replaced you tube with new pipe was the day I stopped having a feed of junk presented to me continually based on my tracked search history and Google's suggestions.

Using duckduckgo was a wonderful change as well. No more commercially advantageous answers presented to my search enquiries. Pocket replaces keep and is cross platform. Onenote replaces google docs.
    03-14-19 11:43 PM
    Is there a BBM group for the LE?
    Why, do you really love Indonesian spam??
    tubularbell, cwalt2166 and TgeekB like this.
    03-15-19 01:43 AM
    Why, do you really love Indonesian spam??
    Has it gotten that bad?
    03-15-19 12:51 PM

I can't find an app called new pipe ?
    03-15-19 03:46 PM
    So what have we got left, the keyboard?
    03-15-19 03:59 PM
    Browser suggestions:
    Firefox - solid, has syncing, extensions for privacy etc
    Brave - lightning fast, no extensions, decent privacy
    Duckduckgo - also extremely fast, privacy, no syncing, no extensions
    Firefox focus - privacy

For email:
    Aquamail - handles Exchange and Gmail, highly configurable
    Nine - Exchange/Outlook only, lots of options
    03-15-19 04:28 PM
    I can't find an app called new pipe ?
    This can be found on apk sites. It's not in the playstore.
    03-15-19 08:18 PM

Kiwi browser is awesome! Love the address bar in the bottom.
    03-15-19 10:32 PM
    Using duckduckgo was a wonderful change as well. No more commercially advantageous answers presented to my search enquiries.
    You might be interested in Startpage.com as well. It allows you to search Google anonymously and without tracking or search tailoring.

It never hurts to have a few search options.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    idssteve likes this.
    03-15-19 10:34 PM
    Kiwi browser is awesome! Love the address bar in the bottom.
    Wasn't aware Kiwi had that. Brave leaves the address bar at the top and the controls at the bottom. It's less than ideal, but they really make up for it with speed. Which, really, is all it has over the others as far as I can tell. Mozilla appears to be possibly pivoting to a new mobile browser with Fenix (don't look it up, extremely beta) that's pretty fast with the controls at the bottom.

My KEY2 LE changed so much for better just doing one thing...-screenshot_20190315-075827.jpg
    03-15-19 10:56 PM
30 12