Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Am I the only one hoping that MWC will include the release of a Key2 LE w/6GB? When you think about it, with the maturity of the Key2 at this point (in that it was released a while ago) and with the Key2 LE having been released a while ago as well and with the Key3 likely coming up later this year, it seems like a good time for the release of SE phones (ie. with more RAM, etc). Releasing an LE that costs a little more and include 6GB might be a good move in that it would help to close the gap between the LE and the Key2 and might make TCL a little more $$ while they are waiting to release the Key3.

I can definitely see a Key2 SE and a Key2 LE SE (so-to-speak) being released prior to the Key3. I guess odds are better that it might be a Key2 SE but we will see what happens...

BTW, I realize many of you will say that they don't need more RAM in their LE but I definitely do, given the poor memory management in Chrome (I have to close and open Chrome 2-3 times a day due to memory leaks and that issue would go away if there was 6GB).

Curious to see what people think might be coming up at MWC!
    01-28-19 09:48 PM
    Am I the only one hoping that MWC will include the release of a Key2 LE w/6GB? When you think about it, with the maturity of the Key2 at this point (in that it was released a while ago) and with the Key2 LE having been released a while ago as well and with the Key3 likely coming up later this year, it seems like a good time for the release of SE phones (ie. with more RAM, etc). Releasing an LE that costs a little more and include 6GB might be a good move in that it would help to close the gap between the LE and the Key2 and might make TCL a little more $$ while they are waiting to release the Key3.

I can definitely see a Key2 SE and a Key2 LE SE (so-to-speak) being released prior to the Key3. I guess odds are better that it might be a Key2 SE but we will see what happens...

BTW, I realize many of you will say that they don't need more RAM in their LE but I definitely do, given the poor memory management in Chrome (I have to close and open Chrome 2-3 times a day due to memory leaks and that issue would go away if there was 6GB).

Curious to see what people think might be coming up at MWC!
    I don't think it makes sense to blur the line between the KEY² and the KEY² LE.

Maybe the KEY³ LE will have 6GB, and the KEY³ will have 8GB.
    Last edited by conite; 01-28-19 at 10:51 PM.
    AmritD and The_Passporter like this.
    01-28-19 10:36 PM
    I don't think it makes sense to blur the line between the KEY² and the KEY² LE.

Maybe the KEY³ LE will have 6GB, and the KEY³ will have 8GB.
    I completely understand what you're saying. But do you agree that there will likely be an SE model released at some point (I am guessing the Key2 SE)? I'm assuming that because of previous SE models (KeyOne + Passport). Just seems to make sense before they switch over to the Key3, which is why I am also hoping for a higher memory LE...
    01-28-19 11:12 PM
    I completely understand what you're saying. But do you agree that there will likely be an SE model released at some point (I am guessing the Key2 SE)? I'm assuming that because of previous SE models (KeyOne + Passport). Just seems to make sense before they switch over to the Key3, which is why I am also hoping for a higher memory LE...
    A Silver Edition? Pretty sure the colours are already established.
    01-28-19 11:15 PM
    I am thinking more with beefed up specs. Makes sense to come out with some type of special edition before releasing the Key3 based on what they have done in the past. Not sure that 8GB is needed/helpful for the Key2 but 6GB is definitely helpful for the LE...
    01-28-19 11:41 PM
    I am thinking more with beefed up specs. Makes sense to come out with some type of special edition before releasing the Key3 based on what they have done in the past. Not sure that 8GB is needed/helpful for the Key2 but 6GB is definitely helpful for the LE...
    I would be stunned beyond belief if they did such a thing.
    01-28-19 11:43 PM
    I don't see how current color schemes work as a barrier to new colors emerging with new phones as either replacing or additional colors. mean is that not a way to generate buzz? I think it would be wise to do so
    01-29-19 02:20 AM
    KEY2: sort of phone with higher specs and higher price.
    KEY2 LE: cheaper, more affordable alternative, lower specs, mainly tries to attract those who find KEY2 too expensive.

Re-releasing KEY2 LE with more RAM would effectively help dissolving the basic differences between these two models, it would harm product mix.

Such a phone would hardly attract new users to the brand (I doubt someone is on vary if to jump in or not because of LE's 4 gigs of RAM).

This thing happened for KEYone just because it crucially helped to improve it's performance. It also felt that 3 gigs were insufficient at that time, so they came up with BE because it's been the way how cheaply make the product more competitive. KEY2 LE is perfectly fine from the beginning.

Maybe later.
    phuoc likes this.
    01-29-19 02:58 AM
    The failed sales models of the old BlackBerry should be forgotten about forever.. look at how many generations of devices were produced with OEMs that only had single device offering.

BlackBerry Mobile needs to add zero to its sales level. Maybe two zeros before it starts fragmenting sales. If you want 6GB, just buy the Key2 instead of the Key2 LE for now.
    PantherBlitz and macterp like this.
    01-29-19 05:45 AM
    The failed sales models of the old BlackBerry should be forgotten about forever.. look at how many generations of devices were produced with OEMs that only had single device offering.

BlackBerry Mobile needs to add zero to its sales level. Maybe two zeros before it starts fragmenting sales. If you want 6GB, just buy the Key2 instead of the Key2 LE for now.
    I do agree that BlackBerry is too small to have the resources for fragmented models. But we have had hints from Blaze that something is coming up at MWC (which is why I am waiting on that before re-buying a Key2 or LE) so something is likely coming up. It will be interesting to see what it is... and I would buy the Key2 for the 6GB if Verizon supported it - but they don't...
    01-29-19 10:47 AM
    I do agree that BlackBerry is too small to have the resources for fragmented models. But we have had hints from Blaze that something is coming up at MWC (which is why I am waiting on that before re-buying a Key2 or LE) so something is likely coming up. It will be interesting to see what it is... and I would buy the Key2 for the 6GB if Verizon supported it - but they don't...
    What hints?
    01-29-19 10:51 AM
    KEY2: sort of phone with higher specs and higher price.
    KEY2 LE: cheaper, more affordable alternative, lower specs, mainly tries to attract those who find KEY2 too expensive.

Re-releasing KEY2 LE with more RAM would effectively help dissolving the basic differences between these two models, it would harm product mix.

Such a phone would hardly attract new users to the brand (I doubt someone is on vary if to jump in or not because of LE's 4 gigs of RAM).

This thing happened for KEYone just because it crucially helped to improve it's performance. It also felt that 3 gigs were insufficient at that time, so they came up with BE because it's been the way how cheaply make the product more competitive. KEY2 LE is perfectly fine from the beginning.

Maybe later.
    I agree with everything you said except it might not only be about attracting new users. Many businesses release special editions and/or upgraded versions at the end of a product cycle to increase sales before the new version is launched. Great example is auto manufacturers with their special editions or including more equipment as standard to attract buyers before the next-gen is released. Something is likely going to be released or announced at MWC based on hints from Blaze - we will see what it is. Could be as basic as new colors or perhaps something along the lines of what I am hoping for - we will see...
    01-29-19 10:51 AM
    What hints?
    It's in another thread. Someone mentioned that they were considering buying a Key2 LE. Blaze hinted to hold off until WMC. I then asked some more specific questions (ie. for whatever Blaze had in mind, does it involved a physical keyboard - because that's what I want) and he couldn't answer and a moderator told me that he couldn't answer due to NDA). I was trying a Key2 and an LE at the same time and returned them both after that to wait until MWC to see what is coming up. For all I know it could be a color or perhaps a non-keyboard device. But I am hoping for something Key2-related, which is why I started this thread.

Just yesterday someone else in another thread mentioned the "Key LE+" and I asked them what they know about it but didn't get a response. Not sure if there is anything to that but it's sparking my hope that maybe there will be a 6GB LE. The only thing we know with credibility right now is that something is likely coming up at MWC but it could be anything and it could be minor...
    01-29-19 11:12 AM
    Even if something gets announced, it might take months until it proceeds to stores.

I quite doubt that there is KEY3 on the way. It's still too soon. Aside bad camera is KEY2 still great, so I don't think that BBMo is in hurry wasting a lot of resources pulling out another qwerty phone, since market is small and full (KEY2 as med-high range, slowly aging KEYone for those who want something cheap and LE somewhere in between).

High end would be nice but I don't think necessary.

I'd say that the mysterious new model as spotted in DTEK app might easily be just another Aurora. Doubt that something arrives sooner than on autumn or so.
    01-29-19 11:28 AM
    The point is just that... IMO you’re simply waiting for a unicorn. Any further devices in between Key2 and Key2 LE would be cannibalization which BBMo can not afford. Plus it needs to show people as yourself consistency with device releases to avoid buyers remorse like the KEYone and BE KEYone etc.
    01-29-19 04:06 PM
    I jumped on the LE right when it was available for Verizon. I would buy one now and use it until whatever is announced (if it's announced) is released. The next device, whatever it may be is months if not 6 months or more out.

I definitely wouldn't keep using the KEYᵒⁿᵉ if I had the choice to use the KEY² or KEY² LE.
    01-29-19 04:22 PM
    The point is just that... IMO you’re simply waiting for a unicorn. Any further devices in between Key2 and Key2 LE would be cannibalization which BBMo can not afford. Plus it needs to show people as yourself consistency with device releases to avoid buyers remorse like the KEYone and BE KEYone etc.
    In general I would agree with your point but with the hint from Blaze something is coming up. Whether or not it is Key2-related is a different story - we will see in a few weeks...
    01-29-19 04:31 PM
    01-29-19 05:04 PM
    I think the general conclusion was that this was mostly likely the Punkt MP02.

https://forums.crackberry.com/rumore...bi100-1162461/
    01-29-19 05:30 PM
    Something to be said for the value as a marketing tool...

Something to talk about at MWC is better than nothing to talk about. But maybe they have something else... the often promised SLAB or a KEY3.

Maybe a BlackBerry Watch or Tablet?

Heck a BlackBerry secured smart speaker, doorbell, camera, thermostat.... TV.
    01-30-19 08:34 AM

Something to talk about at MWC is better than nothing to talk about. But maybe they have something else... the often promised SLAB or a KEY3.

Toaster oven:-)
    01-30-19 12:40 PM

The buzz that has been created through standard channels has been sufficient. Better to under promise and over deliver than a repeat of KEYone and Key2 since phones are midtier already. Sales of KEYone, Motion, Key2 and LE are currently adding units versus starting the counter back at zero with Key3, Motion2 or whatever else. The largest buzz is VZW adding LE to business line while KEYone is still with AT&T for now. Key3 would be huge since I don’t remember a third BB named same model for a long time. Slow and paced seems to be minimally successful for BBMo for now. That’s first time since BBOS and the 9900 for BB and success together in a sentence.
    01-30-19 04:43 PM