This was an interesting and informative exchange I had with Verizon https://community.verizonwireless.co...615581#1615581. At one point they deleted one of my responses, and modified another, because I think they saw me as overly combative, but in the end, I think their answers may have finally answered some questions and advanced the cause as it relates to the LE. Hopefully, folks here will find it informative.
    11-08-18 10:47 AM
    thanks for posting this.
    11-08-18 12:58 PM
    Yes, get the CDMA-less version.
    11-08-18 03:52 PM
    Thanks for this.. still waiting to buy either the LE or Key2 once it's official they work with VZ fully.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-18 03:56 PM
    I have a question. Several ppl on the forums said they went to a VZ corporate store to get a new SIM card for their Key2/LE.. this might be a noob question but does a new SIM card mean a new phone number too?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-18 06:57 PM
    I have a question. Several ppl on the forums said they went to a VZ corporate store to get a new SIM card for their Key2/LE.. this might be a noob question but does a new SIM card mean a new phone number too?

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't.
    11-08-18 07:22 PM
    Thanks for this.. still waiting to buy either the LE or Key2 once it's official they work with VZ fully.

Posted via CB10
    According to VZW, the LE is certified to work on their network now - understanding that some of the non-critical features, like visual voicemail, are still not supported (this, according to JohnB_VZW as noted in the thread). The Key2 is not currently certified to work, and there's no indication that it ever will be certified. From my perspective, at least it seems like the issues surrounding full functionality of SMS and MMS (sending and receiving for both) have been sorted out. And for that, I'm happy.
    the_boon likes this.
    11-09-18 10:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not sure when or if ever VZW will really embrace full BYOD... my guess is they won't.
    11-09-18 11:30 AM