At this time, we're finally ready to make the jump from the Q10 to the KEY2 LE with Verizon. I see that the KEY2 LE is whitelisted with Verizon. I know that I can wait maybe until summer, but I think it's time.

Is there some document or whatever that can help me make the transition and move text messages, contacts, phones from the Q10 to KEY2 LE. The KEY2 LE will be my first Android device and I would like to make the transition soon.

I'm sure that others have probably asked this same things before, but I did a search on this forum - no hits.

Any hints, help, suggestions will be appreciated. It's time to move.

Many thanks. I will miss my Q10, but it's time :-(.
    03-23-19 12:10 AM
    I was hesitant to leave my Q10 behind as well, but nearly 5 month later and I'm loving the LE and it's keyboard. As for moving everything to the LE, there is a BlackBerry content transfer app in the App World for the Q10 and it came pre-installed on my LE. The app has step by step instructions to move everything to the new device.
    NewPreKnox likes this.
    03-23-19 08:15 AM
    Thank you for your reply. I don't have the LE yet, but for the transfer app to work will both devices - the Q10 and the LE - need to be activated?
    03-23-19 09:25 AM
    Thank you for your reply. I don't have the LE yet, but for the transfer app to work will both devices - the Q10 and the LE - need to be activated?
    No, both apps will need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network for the transfer.
    03-23-19 12:12 PM
    The LE is a great device and reception on Verizon is better than any BB10 device. one thing to note with the Content Transfer app is that if you have any Exchange accounts (outlook.com, Office 365, or a work email account) it will transfer those as local accounts. I don't know if it will do the same for Gmail accounts (I don't use it), but you may want to remove any of these accounts before transferring data.
    03-23-19 02:02 PM
    No, both apps will need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network for the transfer.
    Ok this will expose my ignorance. When I get the LE I will get it activated on Verizon. And make the Q10 inactive. If the Q10 is inactive on VZW, will I still be able to use the Wi-Fi on it to transfer data to the LE?

I never thought of this and if so great, but again I didn't know that this was even a possibility until seeing your response. From it, I'm assuming that it is possible, but I'm "assuming".

Would you mind confirming this for me since I have no experience doing something like this. Thank you!
    03-25-19 09:32 AM
    If the Q10 is inactive on VZW, will I still be able to use the Wi-Fi on it to transfer data to the LE?

Yes, as long as both devices are connected to wifi. That is how the Content Transfer app works.
    03-25-19 09:35 AM
    Thanks for the tip. I am using a work email account hosted by Microsoft. I like being able to see all my emails & communications on the BB Hub. This may be beyond this thread so if you can point to some other thread, document, or explain briefly I am curious on what the difference is with "local accounts" vs. "outlook, Office 365, or work email". And if I didn't delete such an account, what are the negatives? I wish I wasn't so ignorant. Thank you.
    03-25-19 09:43 AM
    The LE is a great device and reception on Verizon is better than any BB10 device. one thing to note with the Content Transfer app is that if you have any Exchange accounts (outlook.com, Office 365, or a work email account) it will transfer those as local accounts. I don't know if it will do the same for Gmail accounts (I don't use it), but you may want to remove any of these accounts before transferring data.
    Thanks for the tip. I am using a work email account hosted by Microsoft. I like being able to see all my emails & communications on the BB Hub. This may be beyond this thread so if you can point to some other thread, document, or explain briefly I am curious on what the difference is with "local accounts" vs. "outlook, Office 365, or work email". And if I didn't delete such an account, what are the negatives? I wish I wasn't so ignorant. Thank you.
    03-25-19 10:15 AM