My mobile contract is up for renewal. I currently have a KeyOne that works well, but I believe there is water damage as the back is slightly inflated. My current provider (Telus) only offers a Key2 LE. Is it correct the Key2 LE would be a downgrade from the KeyOne. Based on my understanding, the Key2 LE has better processing power, but it has lower build quality.
    05-11-20 05:46 AM
    My mobile contract is up for renewal. I currently have a KeyOne that works well, but I believe there is water damage as the back is slightly inflated. My current provider (Telus) only offers a Key2 LE. Is it correct the Key2 LE would be a downgrade from the KeyOne. Based on my understanding, the Key2 LE has better processing power, but it has lower build quality.
    The LE is an upgrade to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ in almost every way - apart from the touch keyboard - the LE doesn't have that feature.

Some people believe the KEYᵒⁿᵉ camera is a bit better for some shots, but the LE does have a second lens for portrait mode.
    05-11-20 09:04 AM
    How long will your new contract run? The Key2 LE is an EOL device...
    05-11-20 12:25 PM
    How long will your new contract run? The Key2 LE is an EOL device...
    Well, not really.

The KEY² LE will be EOS/D (end of sales and development) this August, but won't be EOL until August 2022.
    05-11-20 01:19 PM
    Well, not really.

The KEY² LE will be EOS/D (end of sales and development) this August, but won't be EOL until August 2022.
    Understood, but can the OP be sure their new device will receive security updates until August 2022? I know their options are limited if they absolutely must have a pkb... But if they are a professional and will route client data through their device then this is something they might want to take into consideration before committing to a lengthy contract...
    05-11-20 01:41 PM
    I came from the KeyOne Black edition with 4gb of RAM and 64gb storage. I preferred the weight of the KeyOne, gives it a feel of better quality. And the battery lasted longer on the KeyOne.

You will find a challenge looking for cases for the Key2 LE. The selection of cases for this phone is fairly poor.

I was having issues with Android Auto and my KeyOne, but I believe my USB port was the issue. I couldn't drive over bumps in the road without disconnecting. Also, many cords wouldn't work with it. I've had no issues with AA and my Key2 LE.

If you need a keyboard, go for the Key2 LE. You lose the touch capacitive keyboard (as conite mentioned) but virtually everything else is an upgrade (also mentioned by conite).
    05-11-20 02:31 PM
    Understood, but can the OP be sure their new device will receive security updates until August 2022? I know their options are limited if they absolutely must have a pkb... But if they are a professional and will route client data through their device then this is something they might want to take into consideration before committing to a lengthy contract...
    Security patches are in line with EOD.

Technical support is associated with EOL.
    Grungni likes this.
    05-11-20 02:34 PM
    Security patches are in line with EOD.

Technical support is associated with EOL.
    Thanks for the clarification.
    05-11-20 02:38 PM
    I always had a hard time typing on the KEYone due to the slick keys...the matte finish on the Key2LE is amazing. I've found I don't miss the capacitive feature that much anymore. The LE is fun to type on.
    05-12-20 08:09 AM