I now need to look for a charger...never had to do this with the Keyone or motion
    Attached Thumbnails Main reason I'm moving on from the Key 2  Le-6607.jpg  
    01-18-19 06:52 PM
    8 hours screen on time seems ok to me.
    01-18-19 06:55 PM
    Based on the [non-Blackberry] Android phones I am coming from, 8h screen time is damn good. the Key2 LE is definitely the best battery phone I've used in recent memory.
    01-18-19 07:00 PM
    8 hours screen on time seems ok to me.
    Yeah but if I was out all day and night I only got 2 hours of juice left phone would not last the night. For my needs work wise I need a bigger battery so I'm glad I'm moving on to the Key 2
    01-18-19 07:03 PM
    What are you doing? 8 hours per day on phone :O.
    01-19-19 05:15 AM
    I don't yet have an Android device but, having tested a Key2 and Key2 LE at home without a SIM but with WiFi and my exchange server e-mail, etc, I would say that neither of these handsets lasts as long as my 5 year old Classic. So I can understand someone moving on from the LE for the battery alone. Then again, I can't comment on other Android choices...
    01-19-19 10:52 AM
    Yeah but if I was out all day and night I only got 2 hours of juice left phone would not last the night. For my needs work wise I need a bigger battery so I'm glad I'm moving on to the Key 2
    You aren't going to get that much more with the KEY². Why don't you get yourself a portable charger and if you are going to be out that night throw it into boost mode for an hour or so.
    01-19-19 12:53 PM
    I don't yet have an Android device but, having tested a Key2 and Key2 LE at home without a SIM but with WiFi and my exchange server e-mail, etc, I would say that neither of these handsets lasts as long as my 5 year old Classic. So I can understand someone moving on from the LE for the battery alone. Then again, I can't comment on other Android choices...
    Lol better battery on a Classic that's 5 years old than a new-ish LE ?

I'm sorry but I just can't believe that.

I owned 5 different Classics, some were like new, and my PRIV ran circles around them battery wise, and everyone knows the Priv's battery was atrocious.

That's how bad the Classic is.

The LE smokes both of them, easy.

It also depends how the person uses the phone: Battery saving mode aways on? Bad service area? Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on all day? Navigation? Etc...
    phuoc and skrble like this.
    01-20-19 10:13 AM

I owned 5 different Classics, some were like new, and my PRIV ran circles around them battery wise, and everyone knows the Priv's battery was atrocious.

It also depends how the person uses the phone: Battery saving mode aways on? Bad service area? Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on all day? Navigation? Etc...
    Most likely a hidden sarcasm. Something like "Why JC hates his BlackBerry". :-))
    01-20-19 12:21 PM

Yeah I have a classic as a back up and it's battery life is not better than my Le lol
    the_boon likes this.
    01-20-19 12:43 PM
    Yeah I have a classic as a back up and it's battery life is not better than my Le lol
    The Classic's battery life is just shameful, for a tiny 3.5" display coupled to a 2500mAh cell.
    01-20-19 01:21 PM
    The Classic's battery life is just shameful, for a tiny 3.5" display coupled to a 2500mAh cell.
    I think it was good for the time back but now if you are still a classic user you won't get the same performance from a 5 year old battery.
    01-20-19 01:48 PM
    Classic battery was the same (when I bought it about 1 year old) as is new K2LE battery life. Cannot compare it now, but you can still buy a new battery .
    01-20-19 01:56 PM
    I think it was good for the time back but now if you are still a classic user you won't get the same performance from a 5 year old battery.
    Of course, but some of the Classic's I owned had lightly used batteries, as in not too many charge cycles and battery life was still horrible, both in standby AND in use, and of course even worse in Android apps.

I just don't know why people praise this OS so much when it has such poor efficiency.
    01-20-19 03:05 PM
    8 hours isn't so special.. this is my PH1 and the estimate I have for it is 8.5 hours from accubattery, which is roughly correct.
    01-20-19 03:15 PM
    Wow - a lot more responses here than I expected! So I currently use a Classic and have been trying an LE and a Key2 but both without SIMs - just WiFi. GPS off on all devices but my Classic is connected to Verizon and I only have 1 bar where I live/work. All devices are connected to my Exchange Server. I replaced the battery in my Classic about a year ago.

Anyhow, if I leave my Classic on overnight I will lose maybe 2-4% of the battery. With the LE it's about 10% and with the Key2 it's about 6-7%. I talk about 4-5 hours a day on my Classic + about 2-3 hours of on-screen time using the browser + some videos. It gets me through the day. The battery drain associated with the same 2-3 hours of on-screen time (compared to my Classic for the same usage of on-screen time) makes the battery drain QUICKER on the LE and right about the same on the Key2. BTW, in my Phone app on my Classic the Total Call Time is 124 Days, 4 Hours, 12 Minutes, 12 Seconds, so I am guessing I literally have more call time and usage with my Classic than possibly anyone else on this entire board (think about that amount of usage, as it doesn't include anything except for the phone!). So I know the Classic extremely well.

Based on all of the posts about the LE's good battery life vs my experience with it compared to the Classic, I can only conclude 1 of 2 things:

1) Something is draining my LE more than everyone else here
    2) It's been too long since the rest of you used a Classic to remember how good the battery life is!

Don't get me wrong - I will be making the switch to a Key2 or LE very shortly - just waiting on MWC to see if anything new is announced now that I have tried both phones (not sure which I will go with - the horrible memory management makes me want the Key2 for the additional memory but I am with Verizon so I will likely go with the LE for compatibility). But I am just reporting what I am truly experiencing to help others, regardless of whether anyone believes me...
    01-20-19 04:22 PM
    Wow - a lot more responses here than I expected! So I currently use a Classic and have been trying an LE and a Key2 but both without SIMs - just WiFi. GPS off on all devices but my Classic is connected to Verizon and I only have 1 bar where I live/work. All devices are connected to my Exchange Server. I replaced the battery in my Classic about a year ago.

Anyhow, if I leave my Classic on overnight I will lose maybe 2-4% of the battery. With the LE it's about 10% and with the Key2 it's about 6-7%. I talk about 4-5 hours a day on my Classic + about 2-3 hours of on-screen time using the browser + some videos. It gets me through the day. The battery drain associated with the same 2-3 hours of on-screen time (compared to my Classic for the same usage of on-screen time) makes the battery drain QUICKER on the LE and right about the same on the Key2. BTW, in my Phone app on my Classic the Total Call Time is 124 Days, 4 Hours, 12 Minutes, 12 Seconds, so I am guessing I literally have more call time and usage with my Classic than possibly anyone else on this entire board (think about that amount of usage, as it doesn't include anything except for the phone!). So I know the Classic extremely well.

Based on all of the posts about the LE's good battery life vs my experience with it compared to the Classic, I can only conclude 1 of 2 things:

1) Something is draining my LE more than everyone else here
    2) It's been too long since the rest of you used a Classic to remember how good the battery life is!

Don't get me wrong - I will be making the switch to a Key2 or LE very shortly - just waiting on MWC to see if anything new is announced now that I have tried both phones (not sure which I will go with - the horrible memory management makes me want the Key2 for the additional memory but I am with Verizon so I will likely go with the LE for compatibility). But I am just reporting what I am truly experiencing to help others, regardless of whether anyone believes me...
    I’ll compare a Classic with KEYone and say that battery performs is simply based on usage. My Classic battery was great if only using Native apps or Android ports from BBW store. ANY of the Android version apps downloaded from Amazon would eat up the battery. That’s same with all the BB10 hardware.

The KEYone eats battery on Android but that’s with a device being used. It’s more efficient and gets far better life using Android ecosystem than Classic does. When I got the Q10 in 2013, it’s battery life wasn’t anything special. Much of the battery life is related to whether device is actually used.

The Key2 and Key2 LE are even better than KEYone but again you cannot seriously compare active ecosystem device with a crippled ecosystem device.
    01-20-19 07:31 PM
    It's been too long since the rest of you used a Classic to remember how good the battery life is!
    Lol...
    01-20-19 11:37 PM
    8 hours is a TON of screen time. I wouldn't put the blame on the device then...
    01-21-19 01:22 PM
    8 hours isn't so special.. this is my PH1 and the estimate I have for it is 8.5 hours from accubattery, which is roughly correct.
    I too have a ph1 and even when using it more gingerly than my LE (no location services, Bluetooth off, no auto fetch email, etc, and just sipping miserly at the battery), while it was better than my prior phones, my LE with everything enabled sips power even less. And with the apps I use (not-games, only productivity stuff), I don't appreciate much difference in speeds between the SD835 and 636. Certainly the WiFi, cell radio, and audio/reception quality are notably better for me than the ph1.
    01-21-19 09:15 PM