I received an e-mail from BB today that the LE is now $50 off at Amazon and Best Buy.

I wonder if this is a possible sign of something upcoming at MWC that would make sense for them to discount the phone at this time. Should be interesting to see...
    02-03-19 04:00 PM
    I received an e-mail from BB today that the LE is now $50 off at Amazon and Best Buy.

I wonder if this is a possible sign of something upcoming at MWC that would make sense for them to discount the phone at this time. Should be interesting to see...
    I have an Atomic in my Best Buy cart, kicking myself for not pulling the trigger when it was $350. I'm hopeful for an announcement and price drop on the LE but definitely not holding my breath for the next "KEY" release anytime soon.
    the_boon likes this.
    02-03-19 04:45 PM
    what exactly are you expecting to be announced?
    02-03-19 06:11 PM
    Have yet to see an LE price cut here in Canada so highly doubting it means much of anything... could be they have too many in Slate due to the release delay of the others and they just want to move them. BTW... the link for Amazon here takes me to the Canadian site (as expected) showing a price of $789.00, sure OK
    02-03-19 06:58 PM
    Just to clarify (I am the OP), I returned my LE over the weekend after Blaze posted a hint that something will be coming up at MWC. It was in response to someone asking if they should buy an LE right now (this goes back 1-2 weeks). I believe Blaze has since mentioned that he doesn't know what will be mentioned at MWC but something will be. So it's tough to say...

This is more of a hope than anything on my part. But I am waiting until MWC before locking myself into the purchase based on what went down in those threads (just to be sure). I am hoping for a 6GB LE but most here don't think that's going to happen. All of that being said, if you buy an LE right now from Amazon you have a 30 day return window I believe, which is beyond MWC (I think Best Buy is only 14 days). So if anyone is thinking about buying one from Amazon now that it's on sale it's not much of a risk as it relates to MWC...
    02-03-19 08:04 PM
    I believe anything with the 2019 MWC is going to be carrier related announcements with current devices. There’s no device chatter beyond the BBI100 Adula which sounds like the Punkt device...
    02-03-19 08:14 PM
    The 6 GB LE is the standard Key2. At this point, I'd think MWC would see an all touch device as a possible upgrade to the Motion.

Even if something is announced it will be months before it's available for sale.
    02-03-19 08:14 PM
    The 6 GB LE is the standard Key2. At this point, I'd think MWC would see an all touch device as a possible upgrade to the Motion.

Even if something is announced it will be months before it's available for sale.
    That’s very true. If someone wants a 6gb LE, you buy a Key2 and turnoff the capacitive PKB feature.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    02-03-19 08:17 PM
    That’s very true. If someone wants a 6gb LE, you buy a Key2 and turnoff the capacitive PKB feature.
    Not if you want full Verizon support...
    02-03-19 09:32 PM
    Not if you want full Verizon support...
    If a 6gb LE were announced it doesn't guarantee you'd have full VZW support as that could be a different variant for exclusive other carrier deal or not VZW certified.

It's not likely anyway since VZW has already made significant announcement. Christmas and Birthdays only come once per year....
    02-03-19 10:30 PM
    If a 6gb LE were announced it doesn't guarantee you'd have full VZW support as that could be a different variant for exclusive other carrier deal or not VZW certified.

It's not likely anyway since VZW has already made significant announcement. Christmas and Birthdays only come once per year....
    Good point re VZW supporting a 6GB variant. Regardless I am looking forward to WMC so I can move forward with buying an LE if there is nothing significant announced...
    02-03-19 11:06 PM
    what exactly are you expecting to be announced?
    KEY2 LE Atomic and Champagne 2.0, the former with red logo and camera ring and the latter with champagne frets, as well as champagne logo and camera ring.

One can dream...
    02-03-19 11:13 PM
    What do you expect to be announced at MWC? There have been no leaks, no rumors, no indication toward anything like an announcement. The KEY2 LE is only 5 months old and apparently quite successful.
    02-04-19 12:51 AM
    What do you expect to be announced at MWC? There have been no leaks, no rumors, no indication toward anything like an announcement. The KEY2 LE is only 5 months old and apparently quite successful.
    I expect...... a folding BlackBerry of course.
    02-04-19 10:28 AM
    if you buy an LE right now from Amazon you have a 30 day return window I believe, which is beyond MWC (I think Best Buy is only 14 days). So if anyone is thinking about buying one from Amazon now that it's on sale it's not much of a risk as it relates to MWC...
    You do realize that a higher than normal return rate is why carriers are loath to sell BlackBerry. Just sayin' ...
    02-04-19 11:01 AM
    You do realize that a higher than normal return rate is why carriers are loath to sell BlackBerry. Just sayin' ...
    Totally understand. But I also just gave people a reason who are on the fence to move forward now with a low likelihood that returns will be necessary.

Don't get me started about BB and carriers in general. I am still using a Classic so I am a diehard fan but fact of the matter is that if they would have played their cards right with OS10, Android, etc, all along then all carriers would still be carrying their products. They didn't and now they are clinging on to us (their fan base) for life. Hopefully their sales will ramp up over time...
    02-04-19 12:59 PM
    Higher return rate when? During the BBMo android days? The BB10 days?
    02-04-19 01:02 PM
    Higher return rate when? During the BBMo android days? The BB10 days?
    Both actually. BB10's initial return rate is legendary. As discussed in these forums, leaked AT&T docs reveled how disgusted they were with Priv returns.
    02-04-19 01:47 PM
    Both actually. BB10's initial return rate is legendary. As discussed in these forums, leaked AT&T docs reveled how disgusted they were with Priv returns.
    Maybe it's a good thing they didn't stock the initial batches of the KEYone lol
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    02-04-19 01:54 PM
    Just to clarify (I am the OP), I returned my LE over the weekend after Blaze posted a hint that something will be coming up at MWC. It was in response to someone asking if they should buy an LE right now (this goes back 1-2 weeks). I believe Blaze has since mentioned that he doesn't know what will be mentioned at MWC but something will be. So it's tough to say...

This is more of a hope than anything on my part. But I am waiting until MWC before locking myself into the purchase based on what went down in those threads (just to be sure). I am hoping for a 6GB LE but most here don't think that's going to happen. All of that being said, if you buy an LE right now from Amazon you have a 30 day return window I believe, which is beyond MWC (I think Best Buy is only 14 days). So if anyone is thinking about buying one from Amazon now that it's on sale it's not much of a risk as it relates to MWC...
    How's the wait? I would have kept the Key2LE. Unless they are going to announce something during the week, the only thing that it seems that BBMo announced is a red Key 2.
    02-24-19 05:59 PM
    How's the wait? I would have kept the Key2LE. Unless they are going to announce something during the week, the only thing that it seems that BBMo announced is a red Key 2.
    It does seem as though the only announcement at MWC is the red Key 2. I'm going to move forward ordering a Key2 LE this week...
    02-24-19 07:51 PM
    https://www.cnet.com/news/blackberry...upgrade-trend/

Enjoy your LE! From the article, I hope they also don't forget about the pricepoint!
    02-24-19 11:37 PM
    As discussed in these forums, leaked AT&T docs reveled how disgusted they were with Priv returns.
    Care to reference this doc.?
    02-24-19 11:50 PM
    Care to reference this doc.?
    Think it was more an unnamed "high-level executive" from AT&T that talked with CNET about high return rates...... take that for what you want.

Reality is less than six months after it launched, the discount market was flooded with T-Mobile and AT&T PRIV's that were selling for half the launch price. Took months to flush those out of the 3rd party markets... And plenty of users here weren't too happy with the performance either... did improve once Nougat was launched, but that was late summer and the PRIV was history.
    02-25-19 02:46 PM
    Think it was more an unnamed "high-level executive" from AT&T that talked with CNET about high return rates...... take that for what you want.

Reality is less than six months after it launched, the discount market was flooded with T-Mobile and AT&T PRIV's that were selling for half the launch price. Took months to flush those out of the 3rd party markets... And plenty of users here weren't too happy with the performance either... did improve once Nougat was launched, but that was late summer and the PRIV was history.
    Got it, thank you. I was just curious.
    02-25-19 02:52 PM
28 12