I wonder how many years TCL is going to recycle the excat same hardware design and try to get the most out while making as few changes as possible.
    07-24-18 02:39 AM
    How many years has Apple and Samsung?

Sorry but PKB is a niche....

1) that means for now they stick to the middle of the road on design - going larger or smaller would mean fewer sales.

2) that means low volume sales which means they need to make more profit on the hardware.

At least with the LITE there are some color options....
    07-24-18 07:31 AM
    Well i think they'll somehow stick with the overall design. I cant see that theyll make a small pkb device in the near future as this might be a ninch market in a ninch market (me being part of it).

My guess is that - with mostly unchanged size - they'll change details of bezel, thickness - screen quality (amoled?) etc. As most other companies also do over a longer time scale.
    07-25-18 12:21 PM
    Well i think they'll somehow stick with the overall design. I cant see that theyll make a small pkb device in the near future as this might be a ninch market in a ninch market (me being part of it).

My guess is that - with mostly unchanged size - they'll change details of bezel, thickness - screen quality (amoled?) etc. As most other companies also do over a longer time scale.
    They'll add a notch....
    j0kker likes this.
    07-26-18 03:55 PM
    They'll add a notch....
    Uhhh. Well, that totally changes the design - aaand they'd be able to charge 100$ more!
    07-26-18 04:04 PM
    I wonder how many years TCL is going to recycle the excat same hardware design and try to get the most out while making as few changes as possible.
    Like 3x Dunt said, many other OEM's including Samsung and especially Apple do exactly this.
    07-27-18 06:33 AM
    Iwonderyears TCL is going to recycle the excat same hardware design and try to get the most out while making as few changes as possible.
    08-13-18 06:28 PM
    You think that phone manufacturers are guilty of recycling designs? Ha! Try laptops. Panasonic Toughbook, IBM and Lenovo ThinkPad, HP Pavilion, so many Dells. Their just learning from the old pros.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-18 07:44 PM
    Maybe keep recycling until they finally iron out all the manufacturing bugs and faults. I see nothing wrong with the Key2 offering (on paper) but the final product has quality issues

Posted via CB10
    08-22-18 09:55 PM
    how is it the notch is accepted... it's horrible
    08-25-18 11:48 AM
    how is it the notch is accepted... it's horrible
    It's not only accepted, but now almost a year after the iPhone X launched, almost every single slab has one. And don't get me started on the notch of the Pixel 3...

Market is saturated and boring AF
    08-25-18 05:20 PM
    They make a big hunkin fone & waste screen real estate like the toolbar on the BlackBerry KEYᴼᴺᴱ... sheesh !!
    08-25-18 05:30 PM
    What?? they put a notch on the pixel !! Shameful ifone wannabee...
    08-26-18 04:08 AM
    It's not only accepted, but now almost a year after the iPhone X launched, almost every single slab has one. And don't get me started on the notch of the Pixel 3...

Market is saturated and boring AF
    Except samsung.
    08-26-18 05:59 AM