So I was in a Best Buy today and saw the Key2 LE. I am currently using a Classic and I have to say that the keys on the Key2, while ok, weren't the greatest for me, as they are not nearly as tall as the Classic.

I am curious to know if anyone here has tried both the Key2 and Key2 LE for feedback on the keyboard differences? I went to 2 Best Buys trying to find the Key2 to compare but neither had one. In fact the first one I was in swapped their Key2 (that was on display) for the Key2 LE. Too bad they didn't have both at the same time!

Thanks very much.
    10-27-18 10:33 PM
    I have both the KEY2 and the LE, and easily recommend either of them as an upgrade from the Classic (which I owned several of as well).

I believe the key travel is a hair deeper in the KEY2. Both of them offer a nice balance in the hand compared to the KEYone which had its keyboard sit lower on the phone and with a heavier overall weight.
    The LE is even more effortless to type on at 156g.
    I really don't get tired typing on it, or holding it to my ear during phone calls.

The only real advantage the LE has is that its spacebar click is closer to the rest of the keys than the KEY2's is.

Everything else is better on the KEY2, which makes sense.
    anon(10538261) likes this.
    10-28-18 03:00 AM
    Thanks for the feedback - I appreciate it. Do you find the larger keys of the Key2 make a significant difference vs the Key2 LE? That's the only challenge I had with the Key2 LE - the keys were smaller than I would like (I also didn't like the Key1 for that reason) - so I am curious if the Key2 has noticeably larger keys. Based on the dimension difference I am guessing the answer is Yes... Thanks.
    10-28-18 10:52 AM
    Thanks for the feedback - I appreciate it. Do you find the larger keys of the Key2 make a significant difference vs the Key2 LE? That's the only challenge I had with the Key2 LE - the keys were smaller than I would like (I also didn't like the Key1 for that reason) - so I am curious if the Key2 has noticeably larger keys. Based on the dimension difference I am guessing the answer is Yes... Thanks.
    KEY2 has 20% taller keys than KEYone, and LE is right in between at 10% larger than KEYone and 10% smaller than KEY2.

If big keys are really important to you, the KEY2 is obviously the one to go for. The LE's lighter weight and size increase makes typing a breeze compared to the heavier KEYone and it's tiny glossy keys.
    10-28-18 11:12 AM
    So I was in a Best Buy today and saw the Key2 LE. I am currently using a Classic and I have to say that the keys on the Key2, while ok, weren't the greatest for me, as they are not nearly as tall as the Classic.

I am curious to know if anyone here has tried both the Key2 and Key2 LE for feedback on the keyboard differences? I went to 2 Best Buys trying to find the Key2 to compare but neither had one. In fact the first one I was in swapped their Key2 (that was on display) for the Key2 LE. Too bad they didn't have both at the same time!

Thanks very much.
    Ive tried both. I owned the key2 for a week and sold it. Did not like the phone at all from the clicky sounding space bar to the sharp corners. I bought a key2 LE two weeks ago and it's a completely different experience. As for the difference in the PKB there isn't much difference to be honest.
    10-28-18 12:39 PM
    [QUOTE=the_boon;13301470]I have both the KEY2 and the LE, and easily recommend either of them as an upgrade from the Classic (which I owned several of as well).

I believe the key travel is a hair deeper in the KEY2. Both of them offer a nice balance in the hand compared to the KEYone which had its keyboard sit lower on the phone and with a heavier overall weight.
    The LE is even more effortless to type on at 156g.
    I really don't get tired typing on it, or holding it to my ear during phone calls.

The only real advantage the LE has is that its spacebar click is closer to the rest of the keys than the KEY2's is.

Everything else is better on the KEY2, which makes sense

To me they are honestly the same phone. In day to day use you really can't tell the difference. The only real difference to me is the capacitive keyboard which I never really used so to me if you have a choice between the two the LE is a no brainer
    10-28-18 12:41 PM
    Does anybody else has problems with the Q-key on the LE? I have to press the key stronger then the other keys, otherwise it doesn't work.
    10-31-18 05:06 AM
    Does anybody else has problems with the Q-key on the LE? I have to press the key stronger then the other keys, otherwise it doesn't work.
    Might want to get an exchange in that case as mine is fine.
    There can/will always be some tiny tiny variation of clicking resistance/travel in any given PKB, but if one single key requires much more force than the rest to register the letter, then I'd get the device exchanged.

It happens.
    10-31-18 08:42 AM
    Its ok on my keyboard.
    10-31-18 11:15 AM
    Thanks for the answers. I can actually live with it, as the "Q" ist the less used character in the German language Thats also the reason why I noticed this problem almost 2 weeks after the purchase of the Key2 LE.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    10-31-18 02:32 PM
    Thanks for the answers. I can actually live with it, as the "Q" ist the less used character in the German language Thats also the reason why I noticed this problem almost 2 weeks after the purchase of the Key2 LE.
    That remember me that my keyboard is quertz instead querty wich is the usual here in Spain. Key2 doesn't let remap keyboard like passport, (a mistake in my opinion), but I can live with it at all.
    10-31-18 03:10 PM
    That remember me that my keyboard is quertz instead querty wich is the usual here in Spain. Key2 doesn't let remap keyboard like passport, (a mistake in my opinion), but I can live with it at all.
    I believe you can remap if you use swiftkey or some other 3rd party keyboard app. But with the stock BB keyboard app, the Y key will only give you a Y and the Z key a Z.
    10-31-18 03:24 PM
    I believe you can remap if you use swiftkey or some other 3rd party keyboard app. But with the stock BB keyboard app, the Y key will only give you a Y and the Z key a Z.
    Does thirs party vkb work with pkb?? Didn't know at all! I can live with this oc but it opens multiple possibilities...
    10-31-18 03:54 PM
    Does thirs party vkb work with pkb?? Didn't know at all! I can live with this oc but it opens multiple possibilities...
    Try it with swiftkey
    10-31-18 04:04 PM
    Try it with swiftkey
    Yes, I'm testing it right no, the only issue I see atm is that ctrl key doesn't work, what a pity!
    10-31-18 04:07 PM
    So I'm having my typical urge to buy an new BlackBerry while I certainly don't need one, but probably will buy one anyway (you guys probably recognize this).

So I'm really thinking of getting an KEY2 LE. But how does fare without the capacitive keyboard? Isn't it not a must with modern smartphones? should I better buy KEY2? Or be a boring (but wise) fellow and keep the money in my pocket so I can buy KEY3 in 2019?
    bh7171 likes this.
    10-31-18 05:04 PM
    So I'm having my typical urge to buy an new BlackBerry while I certainly don't need one, but probably will buy one anyway (you guys probably recognize this).

So I'm really thinking of getting an KEY2 LE. But how does fare without the capacitive keyboard? Isn't it not a must with modern smartphones? should I better buy KEY2? Or be a boring (but wise) fellow and keep the money in my pocket so I can buy KEY3 in 2019?
    I was in the same situation and I only can say that I'm very happy with my le right now.
    10-31-18 06:05 PM

I have both and they're both really fun to use. Depends how much you wanna shell out.

The lack of capacitive keyboard on the LE is compensated by the comfort in hand of the device due to the lighter weight.
    Basically, the hand doesn't get tired as quick when you're holding it to your ear on a long call or when typing out long messages.
    The back rubbery texture and the less angular sides make for really comfortable grip.
    10-31-18 06:38 PM

Don't go to your local Best Buy in your present state of mind. I visited one last week and held and played around with the Slate LE. 1) it looks great in person and hand 2) those keys.... The keys.... Tactile wise if feels damn near perfect. My favorite device was my naked Cobalt Classic. I think I'll try and hold out for an Atomic when released and under 400.
    11-01-18 12:36 AM
    There is enough of a different in price tags to consider the LE as an extremely viable option. I personally disabled the capacitive keyboard on my K2 because it ended up slowing me down. What was left but an LE after all? + spacebar with the same feel and sound as the other keys....
    phuoc likes this.
    11-01-18 07:03 AM
    Nope I haven't had that issue at all. Sounds like you need to get a replacement
    11-01-18 07:29 AM

Honestly the only time I used the capacitive keyboard was to delete text in whatsapp. I never used it for anything else. So for me I love the LE over the key2. Like I've said before its lighter and smoother around the edges so it's easy to hold. To me it's just way better than the key2. I won't be upgrading from this phone anytime soon
    11-01-18 07:31 AM
    There is enough of a different in price tags to consider the LE as an extremely viable option. I personally disabled the capacitive keyboard on my K2 because it ended up slowing me down. What was left but an LE after all? + spacebar with the same feel and sound as the other keys....
    Exactly..it honestly doesn't make sense to pay that much more for the key2 when the difference between the 2 phones is not at all noticeable. Even the battery for example on paper the LE is smaller but I have not noticed it at all. It easily gets me through my day ..by the end of the night when I go to charge it it's at 35 percent and that's from 5am to 10pm
    phuoc likes this.
    11-01-18 07:33 AM
    What was left but an LE after all? + spacebar with the same feel and sound as the other keys....
    What's left is SD660, +2gb RAM, +500mAh battery and aluminum frame (if that matters)

The truth about the spacebar is that on the LE and K1, it doesn't click and sound exactly the same as the rest of the keys, but it's closer than KEY2.
    11-01-18 07:34 AM

Hey there, I had the same thinking but for budget reasons ended up going with the LE. Came from the a Passport/iPhone SE combo so I had to get used to the typing experience on the LE (i.e. using the alt key for the numbers and punctuation). I used the capacitive keyboard function a lot on the Passport and still miss it a bit, especially for deleting words/typos but I overall don't miss it as much as I thought I would so I have no regrets at all. So far the LE has been awesome and I am very happy with it.
    phuoc likes this.
    11-01-18 08:17 AM
38 12