Ok , just a thing to share with u guys, these four days of using a device I notice that if u have the fingerprint sensor to unlock it , the keyboard app is draining battery little more (quite more) ,which is absolutely normal and no issues for me cause still a very good battery. To know what's the difference, I can say that for my use, with sensor activated u can get between four and five, a little more maybe, screen on use on a day. Without it, I get between seven and eiht hours of screen. Your gonna handle a completely day with both, but just I though that was interesting to know. G.
    10-22-18 04:16 AM
    Ok , just a thing to share with u guys, these four days of using a device I notice that if u have the fingerprint sensor to unlock it , the keyboard app is draining battery little more (quite more) ,which is absolutely normal and no issues for me cause still a very good battery. To know what's the difference, I can say that for my use, with sensor activated u can get between four and five, a little more maybe, screen on use on a day. Without it, I get between seven and eiht hours of screen. Your gonna handle a completely day with both, but just I though that was interesting to know. G.
    The BlackBerry Keyboard should drain almost nothing, it shouldn't even come up at 1% in the stats at the end of the day when you're running low.

Go into Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> See all XX apps -> BlackBerry Keyboard -> Storage -> Clear Cache

Do not clear data as that will erase all your keyboard settings such as multilanguage keyboards and learned/custom words.

See if that helps
    10-22-18 05:27 AM
    I'm pretty sure it's the sensor...it “drains” much more when it's activated, yesterday it takes 184 mAh what is too much for a simple pkb...it doesn't happens when its off...ill test more these days.
    10-22-18 05:38 AM
    I'm pretty sure it's the sensor...it “drains” much more when it's activated, yesterday it takes 184 mAh what is too much for a simple pkb...it doesn't happens when its off...ill test more these days.
    Still, why the hell would the fp sensor drain battery? If besides, I don't think the fp sensor has anything to do with the keyboard app.
    10-22-18 06:54 AM
    each time u touch the pkb the sensor is activate and try to read a fingerprint...the SO recognise this electric use as a keyboard app using, and this is gonna be always more than using a normal password with the pkb cause the sensor is always on passive mode to detect anything. oc these are only my thoughts, and it doesn't matter so much cause the device has a really good battery optimisation. I'm not technical guy, but I can see that keyboard app drain more when is activated. oc I can be worng...G.
    10-22-18 07:24 AM
    each time u touch the pkb the sensor is activate and try to read a fingerprint...the SO recognise this electric use as a keyboard app using, and this is gonna be always more than using a normal password with the pkb cause the sensor is always on passive mode to detect anything. oc these are only my thoughts, and it doesn't matter so much cause the device has a really good battery optimisation. I'm not technical guy, but I can see that keyboard app drain more when is activated. oc I can be worng...G.
    @conite is this normal?
    10-22-18 08:40 AM