Why is LE cheaper than key 2? Is the size small or low config?

Posted via CB10
    09-03-18 07:55 AM
    Why is LE cheaper than key 2? Is the size small or low config?

Posted via CB10
    Have you read or watched the reviews? All go over that.
    09-03-18 08:12 AM
    KEY2 LE vs KEY2:

Is a bit thinner and skinnier and much lighter.

Has as smaller keyboard, but bigger than KEYone.

Lacks capacitive keyboard, so does not support keyboard gestures.

Has less sophisticated camera setup, but better than KEYone (on paper).

Has a slower clocked CPU, but it's faster than KEYone and newer, so more energy-efficient and less of a drain on the battery.

Has a smaller battery, but more energy-efficient processor, so will still last all day.

Has polycarbonate (plastic) exterior - no metal, hence its light weight and also should get excellent WiFi, Bluetooth, and cell phone reception.

Comes in three colors not available on KEY2: Slate, Champagne, and Atomic.

Costs $200-$250 less than the KEY2.

The screen is the same and it runs the same Android 8.1 OS and BlackBerry software.
    09-03-18 08:14 AM
    KEY2 LE vs KEY2:

Is a bit thinner and skinnier and much lighter.

Has as smaller keyboard, but bigger than KEYone.

Lacks capacitive keyboard, so does not support keyboard gestures.

Has less sophisticated camera setup, but better than KEYone (on paper).

Has a slower clocked CPU, but it's faster than KEYone and newer, so more energy-efficient and less of a drain on the battery.

Has a smaller battery, but more energy-efficient processor, so will still last all day.

Has polycarbonate (plastic) exterior - no metal, hence its light weight and also should get excellent WiFi, Bluetooth, and cell phone reception.

Comes in three colors not available on KEY2: Slate, Champagne, and Atomic.

Costs $200-$250 less than the KEY2.

The screen is the same and it runs the same Android 8.1 OS and BlackBerry software.
    Thanks this is perfect. So lack of keyboard gestures, that's the main issue or only drawback, for which these r famous.

Posted via CB10
    RLeeSimon likes this.
    09-03-18 09:02 AM
    If it had capactive keyboard, LE would have been a no brainer!

Posted via CB10
    AmritD likes this.
    09-03-18 09:37 AM
    Why is this posted in the Passport forums?

Posted via CB10
    andy957 and anon(9188202) like this.
    09-03-18 10:20 AM
    Why is this posted in the Passport forums?

Posted via CB10
    I'm trying to keep passport forum alive.lol. Actually I was reading about key LE, and posted it here itself.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-18 11:11 AM
    Have you read or watched the reviews? All go over that.
    I'll see the reviews,thnx, I dint know about LE, I read it first here.

Posted via CB10
    jegs2 and Smokeaire like this.
    09-03-18 11:12 AM
    If it had capactive keyboard, LE would have been a no brainer!

Posted via CB10
    No brained? Means? Can u explain, I dintget you!

Posted via CB10
    09-03-18 11:15 AM
    I'll see the reviews,thnx, I dint know about LE, I read it first here.

Posted via CB10
    The reviews have been generally positive. If I didn't already have the Key² I would seriously look at the LE for the price.
    anon(10538261) likes this.
    09-03-18 11:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    It means, it would have been best choice with that price with capacitive keyboard

Posted via CB10
    09-03-18 12:03 PM
    I have key2 and keyone but passport still has better speaker, mic, keyboard, design.
    09-03-18 07:13 PM
    I would wait til the my pp not functioning. By that time should be key4 or 5? Lol

Posted via CB10
    09-03-18 09:12 PM
    Hopefully JerryRigAnything will get one for a torture test soon.
    ... especially if it is a red one LOL
    09-04-18 11:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    Traditionally, a "no brainer" implies a choice that does not require conscious decision-making as the decision is patently obvious.

In Internet foura, I submit it is overused or used as hyperbole.
    09-17-18 01:09 PM
    Apparently it also lacks led's in the keyboard, so no night typing. I think that's actually as significant as lacking the swipe feature.
    09-18-18 08:45 AM
    Apparently it also lacks led's in the keyboard, so no night typing. I think that's actually as significant as lacking the swipe feature.
    What? No backlight in keyboard? That's really annoying.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-18 11:48 PM
    Traditionally, a "no brainer" implies a choice that does not require conscious decision-making as the decision is patently obvious.

In Internet foura, I submit it is overused or used as hyperbole.
    OHH! Gaat eeet!

Posted via CB10
    09-18-18 11:48 PM
    That's not true. It has backlit keyboard. Only thing it doesn't have (neither does the KEY2) is the led lights on the sides of the space bar.
    anon(9188202) and jegs2 like this.
    09-19-18 01:36 AM
    What? No backlight in keyboard? That's really annoying.

Posted via CB10
    Not true. See above response.
    09-19-18 01:36 AM
    Blasphemy. That would make the keyboard pointless. How would you be able to type and see in low light/night. Plus, I love the backlight on blackberry keyboards. It makes it looks that much better. I wish the Key2 had the blinking LED lights on the spacebar like the KeyOne has. That was very nice and clever.

It's a bummer the LE doesn't have capacitive keys. I don't see why anyone would choose the LE over the KeyOne at this point. The KeyOne is amazing and if you know how to cut the clutter and dump the unnecessary junk, it will run fine.

I'm at the point in time where the obvious choice is the Key2 but the price tag is steep for what it offers. But I always pay high premiums for my Berries so it's nothing new. And the Key3 is more then a year out but I feel like the Key2 was a filler phone in the series and is giving us a glimpse of how amazing the Key3 will be. Imagine the Key3's price tag? Jeeeeez

Posted via CB10
    Deutch509 likes this.
    09-19-18 05:13 AM
    Blasphemy. That would make the keyboard pointless. How would you be able to type and see in low light/night. Plus, I love the backlight on blackberry keyboards. It makes it looks that much better. I wish the Key2 had the blinking LED lights on the spacebar like the KeyOne has. That was very nice and clever.

It's a bummer the LE doesn't have capacitive keys. I don't see why anyone would choose the LE over the KeyOne at this point. The KeyOne is amazing and if you know how to cut the clutter and dump the unnecessary junk, it will run fine.

I'm at the point in time where the obvious choice is the Key2 but the price tag is steep for what it offers. But I always pay high premiums for my Berries so it's nothing new. And the Key3 is more then a year out but I feel like the Key2 was a filler phone in the series and is giving us a glimpse of how amazing the Key3 will be. Imagine the Key3's price tag? Jeeeeez

Posted via CB10
    Just to clarify,

According to the official specification, it has "35 key backlit Physical Keyboard (QWERTY) with integrated fingerprint sensor."
    09-19-18 05:23 AM
    Just to clarify,

According to the official specification, it has "35 key backlit Physical Keyboard (QWERTY) with integrated fingerprint sensor."
    No doubt. Has there ever been a blackberry without a backlit keyboard?? Lol

Posted via CB10
    Deutch509 likes this.
    09-19-18 05:24 AM
    That's not true. It has backlit keyboard. Only thing it doesn't have (neither does the KEY2) is the led lights on the sides of the space bar.
    Thanks for the correction. Very glad to hear it has back lit keyboard.
    09-19-18 08:43 AM

It's a bummer the LE doesn't have capacitive keys. I don't see why anyone would choose the LE over the KeyOne at this point.
    Because 10% bigger matte finish keyboard? 24g lighter in weight? Better processor? Cooler colors (atomic)? Upgradeable to Android Pie?

The only thing the KEYone has over the LE is the extra 500mAh battery (assuming you take a brand new one) and the capacitive keyboard.
    09-19-18 05:03 PM
41 12