Interesting, what exactly does it say (if you're able to share)?
    Whatever "Verizon ODI" means; best case scenario (and first Google result) is this: https://opendevelopment.verizonwirel...lish/home.html

Also, the KEY2 LE appears to lack capacitive touch on the keyboard.
    08-03-18 02:00 PM
    Not sure how I feel about that. It's always neat to see how impressed people are when I show them that I can scroll with my keyboard, but I've also never actually used the feature seriously? I find it actually gets in the way of easily using the phone one-handed depending on how I hold it, because of how sensitive it is on the sides.
    08-03-18 03:46 PM
    Whatever "Verizon ODI" means; best case scenario (and first Google result) is this: https://opendevelopment.verizonwirel...lish/home.html

Interesting. Trackpad in the spacebar? That would be my thought, hope, dream, fantasy, lol. Or how would we scroll? On the screen only? Time will tell
    08-04-18 12:08 AM
    Interesting. Trackpad in the spacebar? That would be my thought, hope, dream, fantasy, lol. Or how would we scroll? On the screen only? Time will tell
    No, that's the fingerprint scanner still.
    08-04-18 01:05 AM
    No, that's the fingerprint scanner still.
    It "could" be both. Like the Motion had the home button / fingerprint scanner but you could swipe up or down (I don't remember which) to pull down the notifications I believe. Not saying they would do something like that for the "Lite" version but I'm sure they could put the tech and software into the spacebar / fingerprint scanner.

For example, in the case of the KEY line, spacebar is fingerprint scanner when finger is put on it, spacebar when pressed, trackpad when scrolled / swiped on since u would be doin it when phone is already unlocked. I kno I kno, I'm just throwing ideas that will likely never see the light of day but "possible" , lol.

But how innovative would that be? Wut could the KEY3's new feature be?
    08-04-18 09:14 AM
    No touch capacitative keyboard is a big turn off.
    Not to mention the smaller battery.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    08-04-18 02:47 PM
    If the keyboard is genuinely not capacitive (I trust thurask's observational skills on this one, but still hope otherwise), I have an uneasy feeling about this device. I would personally have moved heaven and earth to keep the feature in the budget device because suddenly, the keyboard's most frequent role is now being an obstruction, rather than an immensely practical navigation feature.

Added to this, the KEYone has been retailing at around £330 in the UK for quite some time now. I don't envisage the KEY2 LE being cheaper than this, and nor do I imagine that KEYone production will continue in the long term. A smartened-up "KEYone" with a slightly improved chipset and RAM would have made more sense.
    08-04-18 03:13 PM
    The gap between the KEYone and the KEY2 is narrow enough without this phone trying to squeeze in. Depending on how they price it picking up last year's phone might be the more sensible option.
    08-04-18 03:47 PM
    The gap between the KEYone and the KEY2 is narrow enough without this phone trying to squeeze in. Depending on how they price it picking up last year's phone might be the more sensible option.
    Unless... you really don't want the glossy keyboard lol
    08-04-18 05:45 PM
    But last year's phone doesn't come in red. =P

(honestly, the kindest thing they could do for me at this point is announce that they're scrapping the red model, save me a bit of money)

Actually, even if they did scrap the red one, would the already produced parts start showing up on ebay? Maybe the body/keyboard would fit on a Key2 proper, if they're close enough in design...

I look forward to potentially damaging a $500+ device again! It's been a while.
    Last edited by Baconwich; 08-04-18 at 08:35 PM.
    08-04-18 08:14 PM
    But last year's phone doesn't come in red. =P

(honestly, the kindest thing they could do for me at this point is announce that they're scrapping the red model, save me a bit of money)

Actually, even if they did scrap the red one, would the already produced parts start showing up on ebay? Maybe the body/keyboard would fit on a Key2 proper, if they're close enough in design...

I look forward to potentially damaging a $500+ device again! It's been a while.
    Zack (JerryRigEverything) would be proud
    08-05-18 02:17 AM
    I can't confirm this, but perhaps the cam will be one of these two. I know the Key2 silver uses a Qtech S1213AG.

KEY2 Lite leaks-screen-shot-2018-08-12-11.10.53-am.pngKEY2 Lite leaks-screen-shot-2018-08-12-11.11.19-am.png
    08-12-18 03:17 AM
37 12