Plastic Berry????KEY2 Lite - coming in Blue, Red, and Copper-screenshot_20180719-233814.jpg
    07-19-18 01:09 PM
    I think it's pretty well noted that it's going to be the same as the KEY² with some downgraded internals and possibly camera.

You save extensively on R&D with the same body and keyboard with color options. If my KEY² ends up being whitelisted for VZW I can see my wife wanting the color option KEY² lite.
    The back texture on the photo looks pretty damn cheap. But hey, it's not called "Lite" for nothing. Kind of a missed opportunity to make it just a bit more compact, maybe they could re-use the K1's keyboard but with matte keys, and the KEY2 top bezel which would allow it to be smaller
    07-19-18 01:19 PM
    Plastic Berry????Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180719-233814.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	438154
    KEY2 got delayed a few months from when reps were telling some it would launch (KEY2 in April, KEY2 LITE in Aug). I really don't see a August/Sept launch for the KEY2 Lite still being possible. Right now delivery on Amazon says 1 to 2 months for the KEY2 and there are other markets that they haven't even brought it too yet.

I "think" Motion and KEYone are out of production already. Maybe with that and opening up another Alcatel line for KEY2 LITE production would allow them to bring another phone to market... and they do need to get it launched and available before the holidays.
    07-19-18 01:25 PM
    KEY2 got delayed a few months from when reps were telling some it would launch (KEY2 in April, KEY2 LITE in Aug). I really don't see a August/Sept launch for the KEY2 Lite still being possible. Right now delivery on Amazon says 1 to 2 months for the KEY2 and there are other markets that they haven't even brought it too yet.

I "think" Motion and KEYone are out of production already. Maybe with that and opening up another Alcatel line for KEY2 LITE production would allow them to bring another phone to market... and they do need to get it launched and available before the holidays.

What do you think the delay in the Key 2 launch was related to? Software for Oreo 8.1? Or do you think it was something else?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-18 02:16 PM
    I really don't mind if key2 lite has k1's camera.
    I wouldn't mind either. I literally use the camera to snap something funny, interesting, or a quick photo or two on vacation. I'm fine with my KEYᵒⁿᵉ camera.
    The back texture on the photo looks pretty damn cheap. But hey, it's not called "Lite" for nothing. Kind of a missed opportunity to make it just a bit more compact, maybe they could re-use the K1's keyboard but with matte keys, and the KEY2 top bezel which would allow it to be smaller
    It's tough to say they missed an opportunity by not doing this or that. BBMO did what they had to do to put out a device that would come in at the price point they wanted. Saying they should have re-purposed the KEYᵒⁿᵉ keyboard but make it matte and use a KEY² top are all things that would have cut into the price they were trying to hit.
    07-19-18 02:17 PM
    What do you think the delay in the Key 2 launch was related to? Software for Oreo 8.1? Or do you think it was something else?

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry and Oreo 8.1 software
    BBMo own software packages (clear they still haven't got the camera software right)
    Production priorities - Alcatel launched a number of phones
    Troubles with negotiations with Carriers/Retails (pretty clear they planned a CDMA phone, and pretty clear Verizon isn't cooperating with them)

Could have been that the REP telling people those dates was out of touch with reality too.
    07-19-18 02:24 PM
    I hope they sell a ton of these! Should be a great phone for people on a budget.
    the_boon likes this.
    07-19-18 02:25 PM
    If it were 6xx series CPU from current generation with more than 4gb, it should technically be good enough.
    The amount of ram is more important than the CPU.

My Motion runs super smooth with 625 and 4gb ram.
    07-19-18 02:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think a switch mid-way from Oreo 8 to 8.1 set things back a couple of months.
    07-19-18 03:13 PM
    I hope key2 lite is like similar to dtek50 budget minded handset? Hopefully, it's not $549. If it's $549, I will just get Asus 5z or OnePlus 6 and install blackberry hub.
    07-19-18 03:34 PM
    Well Evan says it the same form factor as the KEY2, and that's what the images support.

There is always next year - those wanting smaller or a slider will have to dream a little longer.
    Oh, I know. I was just voicing my priorities. I want to pay more for a smaller, simpler, long-lasting phone.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    07-19-18 03:37 PM
    $499 and above and I might as well get a KEYtwo.

I already have a KEYone Silver and the only thing I'd really like is more RAM.

$399, KEYone specs +6GB RAM sounds good.
    07-19-18 04:29 PM
    So all the speculation on the price so far is based on the fact that it will have the same body as Key2! What if it's actually plastic?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-18 05:01 PM
    So all the speculation on the price so far is based on the fact that it will have the same body as Key2! What if it's actually plastic?

Posted via CB10
    Plastic can be good if it is done right.

Let's hope for the best!
    07-19-18 06:07 PM
    Dammit Blackberry, why don't you just take my money directly from my wallet?

I'm perfectly happy with my KeyOne, and literally the only thing they could do to make me interested in the KeyTwo is release it in red. I was going to wait for the KeyThree before upgrading...
    07-19-18 08:51 PM
    BlackBerry and Oreo 8.1 software
    BBMo own software packages (clear they still haven't got the camera software right)
    Production priorities - Alcatel launched a number of phones
    Troubles with negotiations with Carriers/Retails (pretty clear they planned a CDMA phone, and pretty clear Verizon isn't cooperating with them)

Could have been that the REP telling people those dates was out of touch with reality too.
    Did they plan a CDMA variant? Thurask has only found a Sprint variant, no Verizon CDMA variant.
    07-26-18 09:30 AM
    Dammit Blackberry, why don't you just take my money directly from my wallet?

I'm perfectly happy with my KeyOne, and literally the only thing they could do to make me interested in the KeyTwo is release it in red. I was going to wait for the KeyThree before upgrading...
    BlackBerry released a RED Passport and it sold well (and holds its value well). A KEY2 in RED, I'd buy it in a heart beat. A bright red, front, sides and back. I'd be down. I might just take it apart and paint the frame red instead. Can't be that hard.
    08-24-18 01:55 AM
    they stop updates at one step so you need a new device for the next step... & Google is the instigator...
    08-25-18 11:51 AM
93 ... 234