This is probably the only remotely "positive" thing about BBMo since the Red Edition hit US retailers back in March.

I'd be curious about the build date of those units on GoTalk USA

Edit: They seem to also have the KEY2 in stock, but are selling it for $679 which is MORE than over a year ago when it first launched. The LE is at $499 when I'm pretty sure that variant launched at $449 almost a year ago.
    I just got a key2 from them. And I tell you it's nothing like my first experience, the keyboard works well with the swiping gestures. I did turn the swipe down off though but other than that it's all good. I'm happy to have a swipe experience close to the passport
    Rico4you likes this.
    09-04-19 03:50 PM
    I just got a key2 from them. And I tell you it's nothing like my first experience, the keyboard works well with the swiping gestures. I did turn the swipe down off though but other than that it's all good. I'm happy to have a swipe experience close to the passport
    How's the spacebar? Firm like the other keys? What's the build date?
    09-04-19 07:28 PM
    How's the spacebar? Firm like the other keys? What's the build date?
    The space bar is good it feels like the one on my Le build date 08-21-2018
    the_boon and Byrese like this.
    09-04-19 07:40 PM
    Just has a louder click to it than the other keys just the fact that I'm able to swipe up I'm happy
    09-04-19 07:42 PM
    Ok so the KEY2 that you JUST bought now from GoTalkUSA has a build date of 08/21/2018?
    09-04-19 09:01 PM
    Ok so the KEY2 that you JUST bought now from GoTalkUSA has a build date of 08/21/2018?
    And it works well KEY2 LE Will be restocking on Amazon-screenshot_20190905-063430.jpeg
    09-05-19 05:37 AM
    So GoTalkUSA currently has old KEY2 stock...
    09-05-19 08:01 AM
    So GoTalkUSA currently has old KEY2 stock...
    Someone found a box in a warehouse that wasn't on the inventory....
    09-05-19 08:16 AM
    I do find it interesting that GoTalkUSA is obviously off loading old stock KEY2s... My KEY2 purchased from Best Buy 11 months ago has an August 3, 2018 build date. Doesn't appear the relationship with Amazon or Best Buy is in good standing since they were they 2 retail outlets that TCL/BlackBerry established at launch.

Old build stock for a year plus old KEY2 and being sold at a price higher than launch... makes no sense to me. What do I know? Clearly nothing as my Room Temperature is 76.

Bob
    the_boon and William Smith40 like this.
    09-05-19 09:28 AM
    So the Indian version theory is now debunked and now concern about build date?

Although as a buyer has confirmed working fine and space bar ok...etc...

What I see important here is that there is inventory to meet demand in US market.

Positive news.
    bh7171 and bibbula like this.
    09-05-19 09:45 AM
    So the Indian version theory is now debunked and now concern about build date?

Although as a buyer has confirmed working fine and space bar ok...etc...

What I see important here is that there is inventory to meet demand in US market.

Positive news.
    Right, but the build date reported by the above user means these units were produced over a year ago...

Maybe the LE's are newer though
    09-05-19 09:47 AM
    Right, but the build date reported by the above user means these units were produced over a year ago...
    True... but they have been maturing and seasoning... like a fine wine.

Hence the premium price...

Bob
    Rico4you and ubbulls like this.
    09-05-19 11:07 AM
    True... but they have been maturing and seasoning... like a fine wine.

Hence the premium price...

Bob
    Ahh I see.

So hopefully if we give them a few more months, the keyboards will be as good as the new units!

BBMo magic
    09-05-19 01:01 PM
    Actually, I think what everyone here is missing (if I am correct) is that BB Mobile actually has Go Talk as a listed as the ONLY online vendor to buy these phones from when you consider that the Best Buy link goes to a page that is no longer a place to buy it (at least for the Key2 LE - I didn't check the Key2 on the BB Mobile site).

So here's my conclusion: Go Talk is an "authorized" dealer - the ONLY one right now - who is selling the Key2 LE for example. If the inventory is old then it leads me to 1 conclusion: Amazon and Best Buy stopped selling the devices due to slow sales and BB Mobile is dumping the remaining inventory on Go Talk to sell the rest of it. That is NOT good news for us Blackberry Key2 users (especially as it relates to a Key3 coming out in the future - don't forget that a Key3 can be created but if they don't have the retail outlets interested in it they won't sell very many). So it's looking more and more like the Key2 might be the last Key series phone...

If anyone else can explain the old stock + Go Talk being the only authorized retailer carrying this right now otherwise then I would LOVE to hear it. If you think about it, it actually makes perfect sense that Go Talk has OLDER stock than what was previously available on Amazon if BB Mobile is trying to clear everything out. Amazon clearly had the clout to get the newest builds and if BB Mobile didn't sell all of the old units then it would have them in inventory - to now offload on Go Talk as a last resort.

If I was buying a Key2 I would be very careful, as I know the various hardware revisions might have improved the phone (ie. keyboard, etc). For us Key2 LE users it's probably not as much of a risk...
    09-05-19 01:33 PM
    For us Key2 LE users it's probably not as much of a risk...
    Not at all a risk, thankfully.

Would be nice if I could confidently say the same for its bigger, more premium brother
    09-05-19 01:41 PM
    Go Talk was listed previously along with Amazon and Best Buy for USA authorized retailers. I first noticed few months ago. If everyone already knew this, ignore me.
    09-05-19 07:06 PM
    If everyone already knew this, ignore me.
    As a general practice I ignore you so this is no problem... 🤣

Bob
    09-05-19 09:05 PM
    GoTalk was an authorized seller since a year, but no one cares about them until no stock is available in the US. So, they are just selling what they got a year ago, and they added a few bucks to the MSRP.
    09-05-19 09:17 PM
    GoTalk was an authorized seller since a year, but no one cares about them until no stock is available in the US. So, they are just selling what they got a year ago, and they added a few bucks to the MSRP.
    Thank you - I didn't realize that was the case. Interestingly, I spoke with someone at Go Talk a few weeks ago and when they first started selling the Key2 LE they kept taking "Pre-Orders" because they were receiving small batches and they kept selling out. If the same thing was occurring with the Key2 then it's safe to say that the recent inventory that they have been selling (older build dates) implies the stock was coming from BB Mobile. But I didn't ask about the Key2 so I am not sure...
    Rico4you likes this.
    09-05-19 09:54 PM
    As a general practice I ignore you so this is no problem... ������

Bob
    If you hadn't reposted his comment I could have kept ignoring him.....
    09-06-19 09:15 AM
    If you hadn't reposted his comment I could have kept ignoring him.....
    You’re already blocking my PMs or so it says when I try replying ;-)
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 09-07-19 at 06:59 AM.
    09-06-19 09:29 PM
    Got my le on the way from gotalk wireless... I know 499 is steep and they only offer slate but man I think I may have snagged my last Blackberry keyboard device the way things are going. Sad. I was hoping the TCL thing would pan out. Does anyone think TCL released the LE to qualify as the 3rd key phone in contract everyone keeps talking about?
    Enjoy your LE!
    09-06-19 11:50 PM
    Thank. Marginal upgrade from KeyONE (downgrade in camera maybe) but overall a very well built and nice device. I'm liking it and think once I get used to it this may be one of the best Blackberry keyboards ever.
    dollface likes this.
    09-07-19 03:38 PM
    Should I go buy a champagne bottle?

... Or a champagne LE because nothing's gonna come lol
    Are you gonna order this new?
    09-07-19 05:42 PM
    I do find it interesting that GoTalkUSA is obviously off loading old stock KEY2s... My KEY2 purchased from Best Buy 11 months ago has an August 3, 2018 build date. Doesn't appear the relationship with Amazon or Best Buy is in good standing since they were they 2 retail outlets that TCL/BlackBerry established at launch.

Old build stock for a year plus old KEY2 and being sold at a price higher than launch... makes no sense to me. What do I know? Clearly nothing as my Room Temperature is 76.

Bob
    Probably some unsold stock from a retailer got returned, and GoTalk bought them up to sell off above MSRP.
    09-12-19 05:49 AM
50 12