hi all,

any comments about K2LE vs K1 black edition?

i am a fan of the capacitive keyboard hence my asking about the K1.

thanks.
    11-19-18 11:24 AM
    hi all,

thanks.
    Several threads asking the identical question, so you may wish to search.

Short answer - if the capacitive keyboard is a must, go KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

Otherwise, the KEY² LE is better in almost every other way, and has an extra year of support.
    11-19-18 11:43 AM
    and has an extra year of support.
    As well as upgrade to Android Pie
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    11-19-18 12:14 PM
    hi all,

thanks.
    This is based on price. If you have 200 euros more, get the Key2 with its capacitive kb
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    11-19-18 12:29 PM
    K1 is better in all aspects except Software updates.

K2 LE has a more toy feeling and with this comment I am not saying that K1 is awesome.

PKB by far is better in the K1 except matte/flat finish.
    11-19-18 05:51 PM
    K1 is better in all aspects except Software updates.

K2 LE has a more toy feeling and with this comment I am not saying that K1 is awesome.

PKB by far is better in the K1 except matte/flat finish.

The KEY² LE has a 636 SoC instead of a 625, so performance is substantially improved.

The keyboard is also 10% bigger, and includes the speed key.

It also has BT 5.0, dual camera, and LTE band 66.
    11-19-18 08:30 PM
    This is based on price. If you have 200 euros more, get the Key2 with its capacitive kb
    Actually the capacitive keyboard on the KEY2 is not that great. The capacitive response is better on the Keyone.
    Egonzalez1978 likes this.
    11-19-18 08:41 PM
    You can use the app FastKey on the keyone and have more or less the same as the speedkey.
    11-20-18 07:18 AM
    The KEY² LE has a 636 SoC instead of a 625, so performance is substantially improved.

The keyboard is also 10% bigger, and includes the speed key.

It also has BT 5.0, dual camera, and LTE band 66.
    100% agree but having both devices side by side make the upgrades minimal for me.

Imho K1 battery us a must.

👍
    11-20-18 07:32 AM
    Actually the capacitive keyboard on the KEY2 is not that great. The capacitive response is better on the Keyone.
    On the short try out I had on the key2 I didn't notice a big difference.
    If you're not going to be a big heavy app user the LE will suffice as thje keyone does.
    On the key2 you can turn off the capacitive function on the keyboard. Which rather defeats the purpose.
    Prices are already dropping for the le , so bargains can be had!
    11-20-18 07:34 AM
    Yes, so much depends on your usage, doesn't it. I have the KEYone SE, and it does everything I need it to because I'm one of those "one thing at a time" users who seldom has more than a couple of apps open at once.
    11-20-18 08:35 AM
    I thought I liked having the capacitive pkb, after getting the le, it turns out I don't miss it much at all. On VZW so k2 was not an option but the key sizing, texture, and just about everything else is superior on the le. My biggest gripes after a few weeks; weaker vibration, sort of small led, I do miss using the pkb to scroll but everything else is better on the le; speed, pkb size, reception, Oreo, and did I say pkb!
    11-21-18 07:30 AM
    I thought I liked having the capacitive pkb, after getting the le, it turns out I don't miss it much at all. On VZW so k2 was not an option but the key sizing, texture, and just about everything else is superior on the le. My biggest gripes after a few weeks; weaker vibration, sort of small led, I do miss using the pkb to scroll but everything else is better on the le; speed, pkb size, reception, Oreo, and did I say pkb!
    You find speed to be better on the LE ? The 636 is a down clocked 660 and it has less RAM so not sure how it could be faster than KEY2, but it's definitely snappier than KEYone.

I find the vibration motor to be really strong on the LE (not quite as good as the wife's XR) but MILES better than the KEYone's.
    11-21-18 07:53 AM
    Speedier than the K1 not a K2. This forum is a K1 black vs le. In terms of speed and fluidity on the K2le with Oreo kills my K1 stuck on N.
    11-21-18 08:38 AM
    If the KeyOne Black was available for Verizon I would probably opt for it over the LE. Too bad it's not smh

Posted via CB10
    11-21-18 09:27 AM