So far:

Interesting point from MrMobile's video at 1:35 - 1:43

Last edited by the_boon; 08-30-18 at 04:17 PM.
    anon(10321802) likes this.
    08-30-18 10:16 AM
    In my opinion, the Atomic Red is by far the nicest one. The "Blue" one is too dark, and the copper version doesn't have matching frets.
    Seems like BBMo hates bronze frets! (y'know, K1 Bronze)

Oh and it's too bad the logo and camera ring don't match the rest of the trim.

The keys are 10% bigger than KEYone, and 10% smaller than KEY2, so right in between. They (thankfully) have a matte finish of the KEY2's, but the key shape looks like the KEYone's

Fingerprint sensor still on deck

No capacitive PKB, as expected

I'm digging the new design, and that price!

$399 for 32GB storage

$449 for 64GB storage

Last edited by the_boon; 08-30-18 at 12:40 PM.
    08-30-18 10:28 AM
    Kevin said the camera seems better than the KEY2... so that should be good.

Sounds like only the $449 64GB version will come to the US, but that's still a good price point... if Carrier's agree to officially sell it.
    08-30-18 10:46 AM
    Would have loved to see bronze frets.
    the_boon likes this.
    08-30-18 11:03 AM

Sounds like only the $449 64GB version will come to the US, but that's still a good price point... if Carrier's agree to officially sell it.
    So key2 LE camera is better than key2? I am selling my key2.
    the_boon likes this.
    08-30-18 11:40 AM
    30% lighter? That's pretty significant. Does anyone have one and can confirm this? Might be nice for the balance issues some have with such a tall phone.
    jmorgan456 likes this.
    08-30-18 11:47 AM
    30% lighter? That's pretty significant. Does anyone have one and can confirm this? Might be nice for the balance issues some have with such a tall phone.
    Between the significantly lighter weight, the plastic build and raised camera bump around the ring, this is a really nice phone to NOT put a case on.
    08-30-18 12:25 PM
    I really like how it looks but i'm so used to scrolling with the keyboard and swiping to delete that I think i'd miss that. I was sceptical about the LE's chance of success when I first heard about it but maybe I was too quick to judge. It'll be nice if TCL use this as an opportunity to resolve the wobbly space bar phenomenon.

---={////]--[ Dispensed on my BlackBerry Passport 
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-30-18 12:33 PM
    I really like how it looks but i'm so used to scrolling with the keyboard and swiping to delete that I think i'd miss that. I was sceptical about the LE's chance of success when I first heard about it but maybe I was too quick to judge. It'll be nice if TCL use this as an opportunity to resolve the wobbly space bar phenomenon.

---={////]--[ Dispensed on my BlackBerry Passport 
    Yeah same here. Just let got a chance to watch CBK's video and that was the one thing that jumped out at me - no capacitive keyboard. It will make it easier for me pass on the LE
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-30-18 12:50 PM
    I understand why the basic form factor of the LE is essentially the same as the KEY2 from a economies of scale standpoint (exception being the frets vs. pkb casing), but for me, the device just looks to much like the KEY2 for me to want to consider it. If they were to come out with a distinctly different looking device from the KEY2, I'd be willing to overlook the scaled down internals and build materials to give this a try.

The Evolve X excites me a lot more than the KEY2 LE does.
    08-30-18 01:01 PM

check out around 6 minutes. He compares the cameras, but only says" it's going to pass the ..er... it's a pretty good phone all around".
    So, OK, but not better.
    08-30-18 01:05 PM
    I actually think the plastic build is a huge advantage in the case of drops, it should absorb impact better
    08-30-18 01:14 PM
    So key2 LE camera is better than key2? I am selling my key2.
    Might want to chill a bit and see if its better because of updated software which has been imporving the KEY2 over the last 2 updates.
    08-30-18 02:11 PM
    I understand why the basic form factor of the LE is essentially the same as the KEY2 from a economies of scale standpoint (exception being the frets vs. pkb casing), but for me, the device just looks to much like the KEY2 for me to want to consider it. If they were to come out with a distinctly different looking device from the KEY2, I'd be willing to overlook the scaled down internals and build materials to give this a try.

The Evolve X excites me a lot more than the KEY2 LE does.
    BlackBerry has tried this in the past with all kinds of form factors and it turned out to be a bad idea. Look at most successful OEMs today. They limit the form factors and make adjustments every year. BlackBerry had by far the widest range of different form factors with Z30, passport, Q10, classic, priv, etc. and that wasn't the way to go.
    08-30-18 02:14 PM
    If the space bar is not wobbly I may be tempted to get this one.
    More likely will wait for key3 though if there will be one.
    the_boon likes this.
    08-30-18 02:38 PM

Sure... I'll take Kevin's word for it. LOL
    08-30-18 02:45 PM
    BlackBerry has tried this in the past with all kinds of form factors and it turned out to be a bad idea. Look at most successful OEMs today. They limit the form factors and make adjustments every year. BlackBerry had by far the widest range of different form factors with Z30, passport, Q10, classic, priv, etc. and that wasn't the way to go.
    That's a very good point. That's probably what made me such a fan of BB in the first place... the variety! But I get it, it's a great way to cater to the collectors and a terrible way to gain focused market share.

I don't know how those Apple fans do it... iPhone 6, 6s 7, 8... recycled 5s in the form of the SE. I'd be bored to tears!
    08-30-18 02:55 PM

I don't know how those Apple fans do it... iPhone 6, 6s 7, 8... recycled 5s in the form of the SE. I'd be bored to tears!
    THIS.

People complain about the lack of significant difference in design between KEYone/KEY2 but Apple gets a free pass when it recycles the same design from 2014 into 2018.
    Literally the same body, as in, you can slap most accessories/cases from a 6 to an 8 just fine.
    Last edited by the_boon; 08-30-18 at 04:01 PM.
    guizmox likes this.
    08-30-18 03:49 PM
    I need to see these devices up close. I didn't release that the blue version also has a blue keyboard. That's pretty slick!

And upon further inspection, the red is looking pretty hawt as well! Looks like I might be buying!
    08-30-18 04:29 PM
    I need to see these devices up close. I didn't release that the blue version also has a blue keyboard. That's pretty slick!

And upon further inspection, the red is looking pretty hawt as well! Looks like I might be buying!
    Is there any Blackberry's phone that you didn't buy!?
    the_boon likes this.
    08-30-18 05:33 PM
    Is there any Blackberry's phone that you didn't buy!?
    Plenty! If you want crazy, go talk to @Carjackd and take a look at his BB collection!
    08-30-18 05:37 PM
    Plenty! If you want crazy, go talk to @Carjackd and take a look at his BB collection!
    RIP to him, a very sad news that we lost such a great guy as him.
    Bla1ze and skinnymike1 like this.
    08-30-18 05:46 PM
    Wait what happened to him?

EDIT: I just found out that Carjackd passed away. This is truly sad news
    Last edited by krazyatom; 08-30-18 at 06:18 PM.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-30-18 05:54 PM
    Makes what we talk/argue/obsess over seem so trivial. God bless you, Mark.
    john_v and skinnymike1 like this.
    08-30-18 06:48 PM
    That was a very classy way to pass along the news. Thank you.
    krazyatom and skinnymike1 like this.
    08-30-18 06:56 PM
41 12