My phone is Amazon unlocked running on Verizon. BBE100-5
    02-01-19 07:37 AM
    Just downloaded it. My phone is Best Buy Unlocked on T-Mobile.
    kingwello likes this.
    02-01-19 07:41 AM
    Got mine as well yesterday night, looks like text issue is fixed but still verifying that
    02-01-19 08:28 AM
    I received ABP305 a few days ago
    02-01-19 09:40 AM
    What did the update address? Installed yesterday.
    02-02-19 09:29 AM
    Got mine as well yesterday night, looks like text issue is fixed but still verifying that
    What exactly are you referring to when you say "text issue"? Texting worked just fine before this update if you weren't trying to use Textra or Yaata. Basically 3rd party text apps didn't work. Are you saying that issue has been fixed with this update?
    02-04-19 01:02 PM
    What exactly are you referring to when you say "text issue"? Texting worked just fine before this update if you weren't trying to use Textra or Yaata. Basically 3rd party text apps didn't work. Are you saying that issue has been fixed with this update?
    Text issue is with MMS, the group messages don't display, so I have had to change setting to click off on Auto-download MMS. If I select it, the messages don't show on a group message. I am using Google messages as textra was having issues and BlackBerry mobile advised to not use that. They said this is a known issue with android and they are working on a fix, which unfortunately this last update didn't solve as I initially thought. What happens now is when a group message is received by say a total of 3 or more participants, I have to go to that individual and click on download (usually only a few hundred bytes of data as just a few words) and then it takes about 20 seconds and I can see it shows correctly o the group thread.
    02-04-19 01:10 PM
    Text issue is with MMS, the group messages don't display, so I have had to change setting to click off on Auto-download MMS. If I select it, the messages don't show on a group message. I am using Google messages as textra was having issues and BlackBerry mobile advised to not use that. They said this is a known issue with android and they are working on a fix, which unfortunately this last update didn't solve as I initially thought. What happens now is when a group message is received by say a total of 3 or more participants, I have to go to that individual and click on download (usually only a few hundred bytes of data as just a few words) and then it takes about 20 seconds and I can see it shows correctly o the group thread.
    Ahh. I don't think I have been involved in a group text since I picked my LE up. Hope it does get sorted out as I will eventually be back in one. Hope they can get the 3rd party text app thing squared away as well. I really miss some of the functions that Yaata offered.
    02-04-19 05:21 PM
    I keep reading different stories on who can get a Verizon Key2 le. I also see on verizon’s BYOD you can purchase and bring in a Key2 le, but doesn’t mention any restrictions. However, I am not a small business owner (teacher) can I still purchase and activate the phone or do you need some kind of verified Verizon enterprise account?
    02-04-19 06:30 PM
    Please keep us posted re the possible MMS fix. That would clearly be great, as being able to send/receive group texts can be critical for business!!!
    kadakn01 likes this.
    02-04-19 07:03 PM
    I keep reading different stories on who can get a Verizon Key2 le. I also see on verizon’s BYOD you can purchase and bring in a Key2 le, but doesn’t mention any restrictions. However, I am not a small business owner (teacher) can I still purchase and activate the phone or do you need some kind of verified Verizon enterprise account?
    You can purchase the phone and activate it on Verizon on your consumer account. Verizon recently announced that they will be selling the phone themselves but only through their enterprise sales. So can't buy it from them but you can buy it from Amazon/Best Buy/etc and activate it.
    ranjanclandad likes this.
    02-04-19 07:05 PM
    Thanks so much for the clarification!
    02-04-19 07:37 PM
    I have been using textra and have had no issues in this or the last software update. What was this issue?
    02-05-19 03:29 PM
    I have been using textra and have had no issues in this or the last software update. What was this issue?
    Well, the issue I had with Yaata when I first activated was not receiving SMS/MMS messages. Sending works fine. As I understood from other postings, Textra had the same issue and everyone was directed to the stock text app or the VZW text app.

So are saying that you have a Key2 LE, you're on Verizon and you can send AND receive SMS/MMS messages using Textra with no issues? Group messaging works as well?
    02-05-19 04:19 PM
    Well, the issue I had with Yaata when I first activated was not receiving SMS/MMS messages. Sending works fine. As I understood from other postings, Textra had the same issue and everyone was directed to the stock text app or the VZW text app.

So are saying that you have a Key2 LE, you're on Verizon and you can send AND receive SMS/MMS messages using Textra with no issues? Group messaging works as well?
    Ahh you never previously mentioned the Verizon part. I am on t-mobile with my LE and textra. Everything works great here so it must be a Verizon issue then?
    02-05-19 04:50 PM
    Ahh you never previously mentioned the Verizon part. I am on t-mobile with my LE and textra. Everything works great here so it must be a Verizon issue then?
    Well, not to sound like a smart@#$, but the thread title is "Key 2 LE VERIZON Update....", so I think the Verizon part goes without mentioning. No?
    bibbula likes this.
    02-05-19 05:06 PM

I'll test this out tonight and get back to you.
    02-06-19 05:54 PM
    I can confirm SMS/MMS works on Textra with the latest update on Verizon. I haven't had the opportunity to try group messages yet, but assume those work as well.
    02-06-19 06:06 PM
    Thanks for the update. I am looking forward to other updates confirming that group SMS/MMS works on the regular texting app that comes built-into the phone. I believe only 1 person confirmed that thus far - hoping to hear that others can do this now as well (which would be great) - thanks!
    02-06-19 08:03 PM
    Best Buy unlocked on Verizon and no APB305 update for me. I'm still on ABJ799. I can send and receive group SMS/MMS using Messages+.
    02-07-19 08:35 AM
    I can confirm SMS/MMS works on Textra with the latest update on Verizon. I haven't had the opportunity to try group messages yet, but assume those work as well.
    I'm still on ABJ799. On Verizon. No update for me yet. So you're confirming send/receive is now working on Textra for you after the last update?
    02-07-19 09:37 AM
    I'm still on ABJ799. On Verizon. No update for me yet. So you're confirming send/receive is now working on Textra for you after the last update?
    Yes.
    02-07-19 10:14 AM
    Yes.
    Hmmm....I hope the update fixes that issue with Yaata as well. Now all I need is an update!
    02-08-19 11:41 AM
    Here are my findings. For me, nothing has changed. I'm seeing the same results before and after ABP305.

* Signal - Everything works except it can't receive MMS messages. If I find the time, I might file a bug report with them. It would be great to go back to Signal.
    * Google Messages - Everything works except it refuses to show new SMS messages that come in. (New MMS messages show up fine.) What I have to do is keep switching to another SMS app and then switch back to Messages to see any new messages. This is not really acceptable, as I don't get notifications of new SMS messages at all.
    * Verizon Message+ - Everything works except every message I send claims it failed to send, even though all of them succeed. This is easily the best solution I have. I can receive MMS messages and I get notifications for new SMS messages. I can live with every SMS/MMS I send falsely claiming it failed to send. Minor nuisance. The main issue here is just that Message+ is pretty lackluster IMHO. It doesn't even have a dark mode.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the stock Clock app is not the Google Clock app from the Play Store? The icon is similar, but it's gray. Also, it claims to be version 8. The Clock app in the Play store is version 6 and it has more features (including the ability to use Spotify as the alarm.) Other than that the UI for both apps is very similar. I can't imagine a reasonable explanation for this.

Finally, has anyone gotten Visual Voicemail to work? It still fails to set up for me. I've been thinking about calling in and speaking to a Tier 2 person again to see if I can't get this working. Also, under Advanced Calling in Settings, there's an option for "HD Voice and Video Calling." It's grayed out for me. Anyone able to get that enabled?
    02-08-19 01:24 PM
    Here are my findings. For me, nothing has changed. I'm seeing the same results before and after ABP305.

* Signal - Everything works except it can't receive MMS messages. If I find the time, I might file a bug report with them. It would be great to go back to Signal.
    * Google Messages - Everything works except it refuses to show new SMS messages that come in. (New MMS messages show up fine.) What I have to do is keep switching to another SMS app and then switch back to Messages to see any new messages. This is not really acceptable, as I don't get notifications of new SMS messages at all.
    * Verizon Message+ - Everything works except every message I send claims it failed to send, even though all of them succeed. This is easily the best solution I have. I can receive MMS messages and I get notifications for new SMS messages. I can live with every SMS/MMS I send falsely claiming it failed to send. Minor nuisance. The main issue here is just that Message+ is pretty lackluster IMHO. It doesn't even have a dark mode.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the stock Clock app is not the Google Clock app from the Play Store? The icon is similar, but it's gray. Also, it claims to be version 8. The Clock app in the Play store is version 6 and it has more features (including the ability to use Spotify as the alarm.) Other than that the UI for both apps is very similar. I can't imagine a reasonable explanation for this.

Finally, has anyone gotten Visual Voicemail to work? It still fails to set up for me. I've been thinking about calling in and speaking to a Tier 2 person again to see if I can't get this working. Also, under Advanced Calling in Settings, there's an option for "HD Voice and Video Calling." It's grayed out for me. Anyone able to get that enabled?
    You just must have a defective handset. Or try master reset. My device literally does none of that and works perfect with visual voicemail.
    02-08-19 01:34 PM
46 12