Hi Captain Neil, when I say wi-fi calling I mean having phone calls over the wi-fi when there is no network coverage at all. My key2 dims the 4GLTE icon once the wireless adapter is on. Are we saying the same thing here? Thanks for the reply
    Last edited by Scut77; 09-27-19 at 06:22 AM.
    09-27-19 05:54 AM
    Hi Captain Neil, when I say wi-fi calling I mean having phone calls over the wi-fi when there is no network coverage at all. My key2 dims the 4GLTE icon once the wireless adapter is on. Are we saying the same thing here? Thanks for the reply
    There’s been some conflicting reports. Since device is VZW certified, activation has pretty much been straightened out. The WFC is considered enhanced calling feature and herein lies conflicting reports. If the device was purchased through VZW, then WFC is supposed to be provisioned. If not from VZW, then more times reported here on CB that WFC doesn’t function or enable.
    09-29-19 12:51 PM
    Hi Chuck, the device was purchased directly from VZW Business. I was assured that VWC was provisioned and active on my line. I contacted both Verizon and BlackBerry but at the moment such service does not work. I hate to say but if this does not get resolved, will evaluate other options terminating this long and painful journey with BlackBerry and VZW.
    09-29-19 04:44 PM
    Hi Chuck, the device was purchased directly from VZW Business. I was assured that VWC was provisioned and active on my line. I contacted both Verizon and BlackBerry but at the moment such service does not work. I hate to say but if this does not get resolved, will evaluate other options terminating this long and painful journey with BlackBerry and VZW.
    I feel your pain as I purchased AT&T KEYone with similar expectations way back when. I’m sure you and everyone on CB has grown so tired of that story and why I now use dual eSIM XR now.

Unfortunately, it falls in the carrier lap as these devices have the features and I can’t leave my carrier as it’s just not the smart move.
    09-29-19 05:21 PM
    Scut, I am using a L2LE purchased from Verizon Business. Wifi calling has always worked, it is the default setting. There is no wifi calling indicator like on some other phones. As noted by someone else, you know its working because the "4G" indicator goes dark even though there is plenty of cell signal. If you disconnect from wifi the 4G indicator comes back on. You can tell when wifi calling is in use because the calls are clearer.

I know you said your device was purchased from Verizon. It should work as described. I suspect your wifi calling alreadyy works.

In reference to the other conversation above about updates, I am on build number ABV243 with the April 5 security patch. A check for updates says I am up to date.
    William Smith40 likes this.
    10-03-19 10:52 PM
    This is no longer my concern. I ordered a Galaxy 10. Thanks for any help. I returned the Key2LE and currently using the old Key1. When and if Key3 with all Verizon premium services will be available than will think a possible switch. I am with BlackBerry since the old Curve.... it's now time to move on!
    10-04-19 03:37 PM
    Hi Carsalesman, I was able to talk Verizon into selling me a Key2Le on a consumer account via a website agent but I believe I have the same phone as you but I haven't been able to get wifi-calling to work. I've been through several rounds of calling tech support and I currently have another ticket in. It seems to partially recognize the network, but it says emergency calls only. Verizon says it's provisioned on my account but also says their system says the phone isn't wifi calling compatible. Do you have any insight or advice or if there is any info from your phone you could DM me privately that might help me in my conversations with Verizon please let me know. Thanks.
    10-07-19 11:19 PM
    Hi Carsalesman, I was able to talk Verizon into selling me a Key2Le on a consumer account via a website agent
    Newsjunkie247, sorry for the bother, as I realize this isn't going to address your questions, but I was wondering HOW you managed to get one via a website agent? I am asking because I have tried several different Verizon telesales agents without any luck. Any advice/suggestions for that? Either way I have to say well done, as I tried several times without any luck!
    10-08-19 06:36 PM
    Newsjunkie247, sorry for the bother, as I realize this isn't going to address your questions, but I was wondering HOW you managed to get one via a website agent? I am asking because I have tried several different Verizon telesales agents without any luck. Any advice/suggestions for that? Either way I have to say well done, as I tried several times without any luck!
    I found this link just through Google https://www.verizon.com/smartphones/blackberry-key2-le-bdfill/ a while ago and while logged in to my regular Verizon asked about it via Verizon's website chat feature because the website purchase button didn't work. The first few times they said it wasn't available, but then about two weeks ago they said it was. I just kind of played dumb and posted the link in the chat and said I wanted to buy this phone. They sent me an email for me to confirm the purchase/credit card info. It actually worked with about two or three website chat agents because I kept getting logged out and had to restart the process. Good luck.... I had hoped though by buying it directly I would gotten the wifi-calling, but I guess at least now I have a better case to keep arguing with them (I hope.).
    10-08-19 07:26 PM
    I found this link just through Google https://www.verizon.com/smartphones/blackberry-key2-le-bdfill/ a while ago and while logged in to my regular Verizon asked about it via Verizon's website chat feature because the website purchase button didn't work. The first few times they said it wasn't available, but then about two weeks ago they said it was. I just kind of played dumb and posted the link in the chat and said I wanted to buy this phone. They sent me an email for me to confirm the purchase/credit card info. It actually worked with about two or three website chat agents because I kept getting logged out and had to restart the process. Good luck.... I had hoped though by buying it directly I would gotten the wifi-calling, but I guess at least now I have a better case to keep arguing with them (I hope.).
    Thank you! That is a big help!!
    10-09-19 10:27 PM
    For everyone who just read the past couple of posts, I tried this link, went through the prompts of trying to buy the phone outright, the VZW website then gave me an error that I couldn't pre-order the phone. BUT, at the same time, a chat box popped up and said the agent would be able to help me to order the phone. I then chatted with someone and they are able to order the phone for me.

Verizon's SKU for the phone is BBKEY2LE-VZW. The rep told me that if you pass along the link from Newsjunkie247 (see 2 posts above) and this SKU then they should be able to order it by adding it to my account's cart. Note that the rep had to text me a PIN to get access to my account to do all of this. So it looks like the KEY2 LE is now orderable WITHOUT a business account if you go through these steps! A big thanks to Newsjunkie247 for sharing that link with us.

So now the question is: Does it make more sense to buy the phone from Verizon directly or from a third party for the same $449? On the one hand, if you buy it from Verizon then they should support it for any issues for the first year (ie. handset defects, etc) and WiFi calling should work. On the other hand, it might be tough to get support because it's supposed to be a business device and I suspect OTA updates won't come nearly as frequently. So I on the fence with it.

Any thoughts on whether it's better to buy it from VZW vs 3rd party??? Thanks!
    Jake2826 and William Smith40 like this.
    10-09-19 11:09 PM
    For everyone who just read the past couple of posts, I tried this link, went through the prompts of trying to buy the phone outright, the VZW website then gave me an error that I couldn't pre-order the phone. BUT, at the same time, a chat box popped up and said the agent would be able to help me to order the phone. I then chatted with someone and they are able to order the phone for me.

Verizon's SKU for the phone is BBKEY2LE-VZW. The rep told me that if you pass along the link from Newsjunkie247 (see 2 posts above) and this SKU then they should be able to order it by adding it to my account's cart. Note that the rep had to text me a PIN to get access to my account to do all of this. So it looks like the KEY2 LE is now orderable WITHOUT a business account if you go through these steps! A big thanks to Newsjunkie247 for sharing that link with us.

So now the question is: Does it make more sense to buy the phone from Verizon directly or from a third party for the same $449? On the one hand, if you buy it from Verizon then they should support it for any issues for the first year (ie. handset defects, etc) and WiFi calling should work. On the other hand, it might be tough to get support because it's supposed to be a business device and I suspect OTA updates won't come nearly as frequently. So I on the fence with it.

Any thoughts on whether it's better to buy it from VZW vs 3rd party??? Thanks!
    How may 3rd parties have it? With the official GoTalk it's $499...
    The 3rd party sellers on Amazon don't always ship what they say they are shipping, most have the international version, and who know how the warranty will go.

I'd buy from Verizon... but don't count on them doing anything - buy the warranty.

I don't think you'll be getting too many more updates either way....
    10-10-19 11:10 AM
    How may 3rd parties have it? With the official GoTalk it's $499...
    The 3rd party sellers on Amazon don't always ship what they say they are shipping, most have the international version, and who know how the warranty will go.

I'd buy from Verizon... but don't count on them doing anything - buy the warranty.

I don't think you'll be getting too many more updates either way....
    Yes - I believe GoTalk is the one major alternative. I am concerned about Verizon's software version in that I bought one from Amazon months ago and it has been working well so I haven't updated the software. I am leaning towards GoTalk only because it won't have any software modifications and I likely won't update the software. I remember having previous BlackBerries where the final version of the software (like the Classic on Verizon) had bugs and I preferred previous versions. That's my concern here with the Verizon version - not knowing what problems there might be...

If anyone has any thoughts I would love to hear them - thanks!
    10-11-19 05:50 PM
    If you don't buy the phone from Verizon directly, you won't get Wifi calling, and the voicemail within the phone won't work. You'll have to use the old style voicemail where you dial into play your messages.

There are no steps required for wifi calling to work. Its on by default. When the 4GLTE indicator is list, the phone is using cellular. When the 4GLTE indicator is off, the phone is using wifi even though you may see plenty of cellular signal bars.
    10-13-19 08:24 PM
    I did buy it directly from Verizon as described above as a consumer, but so far wifi-calling isn't working for me. They say it's provisioned on my line but they also say the device isn't compatible. It does appear to switch to wifi-calling but it says "emergency calls only". I currently have another ticket in that they are supposedly working on, but if CarSalesMan or anyone else has any thoughts or insights on how to get it work, please let me know. At one Verizon was telling me they were having trouble adding wifi-calling to plans with Apple Music so they switched my plan to another one, but it still doesn't work.
    10-15-19 05:00 PM
    I did buy it directly from Verizon as described above as a consumer, but so far wifi-calling isn't working for me. They say it's provisioned on my line but they also say the device isn't compatible. It does appear to switch to wifi-calling but it says "emergency calls only". I currently have another ticket in that they are supposedly working on, but if CarSalesMan or anyone else has any thoughts or insights on how to get it work, please let me know. At one Verizon was telling me they were having trouble adding wifi-calling to plans with Apple Music so they switched my plan to another one, but it still doesn't work.
    Has anyone, for certain, actually enabled WiFi calling on VZW network?

AT&T carrier sold KEYone was never enabled for WFC either. The other possibility is that VZW could possibly only enable for business accounts since that’s device official sales channel.
    10-15-19 06:58 PM
66 123