Long time lurker first time poster, just wanted to give a public service announcement in case anyone is looking for a new Key2 LE. I was able to purchase one from Verizon today and upgrade my current line, but it was tricky. Here's how I went about it; hopefully someone finds it helpful. The main catch is you either have to be a Verizon customer or activate a Verizon plan (no contract), and I believe the phone will be Verizon-locked for 60 days.

All unlocked Key2 LEs I can find on eBay or Amazon are now selling for completely insane prices ($600+ used, $800+ new). So I came to the forum to see if there were any tips about getting one from Verizon somehow. One link from a thread I found still works: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=jfsg7TXW

That listing is on the "prepaid" section of Verizon's site, but it appeared to be in stock and let me add it to my cart as a line upgrade for my plan. I got as far as checkout, but my cart went idle and then I got a general error that kept happening on repeat tries to put it in a cart. I called and talked to a Verizon sales rep, who couldn't find it in stock when I gave her the SKU. I told her the page is on the prepaid section, but the phone doesn't show up in the prepaid catalog. She said even if she could find it in stock, prepaid phones have to be activated on a separate prepaid plan for 30 days before I could switch it to my current plan.

I wasn't convinced, so I thought I would give it another shot. I went back to that link and used the chat assistant that pops up. I told the chat sales rep that I kept getting an error when adding the phone to my cart. I sent him the link, as well as the SKU# BBKEY2LE-VZW.

He took a few minutes and was able to find the phone in stock and said I could add it as an upgrade to my current line with no problem. He helped me through the purchase process and gave me a link to complete a secure checkout.

One note: It is called an "Alcatel Blackberry" Key2 LE. I can find no info anywhere online about whether this phone is different in any way from the original. It also says the color is black, but there are no black Key2 LE's. I'm assuming it's just the normal slate color, that this phone is not different, and that the Alcatel branding is for legal purposes or something (since BB doesn't exactly exist anymore). I'll update this post when I receive the phone.

Happy hunting!
    03-25-21 05:47 PM
    Last summer it was called the Alcatel BlackBerry as well....
    03-26-21 07:00 AM
    Long time lurker first time poster, just wanted to give a public service announcement in case anyone is looking for a new Key2 LE. I was able to purchase one from Verizon today and upgrade my current line, but it was tricky. Here's how I went about it; hopefully someone finds it helpful. The main catch is you either have to be a Verizon customer or activate a Verizon plan (no contract), and I believe the phone will be Verizon-locked for 60 days.

All unlocked Key2 LEs I can find on eBay or Amazon are now selling for completely insane prices ($600+ used, $800+ new). So I came to the forum to see if there were any tips about getting one from Verizon somehow. One link from a thread I found still works: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=1OQc8vpD

That listing is on the "prepaid" section of Verizon's site, but it appeared to be in stock and let me add it to my cart as a line upgrade for my plan. I got as far as checkout, but my cart went idle and then I got a general error that kept happening on repeat tries to put it in a cart. I called and talked to a Verizon sales rep, who couldn't find it in stock when I gave her the SKU. I told her the page is on the prepaid section, but the phone doesn't show up in the prepaid catalog. She said even if she could find it in stock, prepaid phones have to be activated on a separate prepaid plan for 30 days before I could switch it to my current plan.

I wasn't convinced, so I thought I would give it another shot. I went back to that link and used the chat assistant that pops up. I told the chat sales rep that I kept getting an error when adding the phone to my cart. I sent him the link, as well as the SKU# BBKEY2LE-VZW.

He took a few minutes and was able to find the phone in stock and said I could add it as an upgrade to my current line with no problem. He helped me through the purchase process and gave me a link to complete a secure checkout.

One note: It is called an "Alcatel Blackberry" Key2 LE. I can find no info anywhere online about whether this phone is different in any way from the original. It also says the color is black, but there are no black Key2 LE's. I'm assuming it's just the normal slate color, that this phone is not different, and that the Alcatel branding is for legal purposes or something (since BB doesn't exactly exist anymore). I'll update this post when I receive the phone.

Happy hunting!
    449 for a phone that will no longer be supported soon........................what a bargain. Bet Verizon gives away water on a rainy day !
    03-27-21 12:24 PM
    449 for a phone that will no longer be supported soon........................what a bargain. Bet Verizon gives away water on a rainy day !
    Already is no longer "supported" - LE hasn't been getting the update love the KEY2 has. So an almost three year old phone stuck on version of Android now four versions behind. But it's got a PKB.... what else is someone finally moving on from BBOS or BB10 going to do?

But going to assume Verizon will keep supporting the LE on the LTE portion of their network for years to come...

Unihertz comes out with a 5G varriant with more of a KEY form factor.... and drop the oversized battery and rugged body. They might sell a lot of units.
    03-30-21 10:23 AM
    Already is no longer "supported" - LE hasn't been getting the update love the KEY2 has. So an almost three year old phone stuck on version of Android now four versions behind. But it's got a PKB.... what else is someone finally moving on from BBOS or BB10 going to do?

But going to assume Verizon will keep supporting the LE on the LTE portion of their network for years to come...

Unihertz comes out with a 5G varriant with more of a KEY form factor.... and drop the oversized battery and rugged body. They might sell a lot of units.
    I think the TItan was to see what the waters would be like, I like a big phone and a large keyboard. I have a Keytwo/one/priv and on all of them my fingers hit two keys at a time. My Passport (silver) is my love child....lol. But it is getting long in the tooth so my choices are getting very narrow.
    03-30-21 10:28 AM

When I said no longer supported I was talking from the manufacturer not network provider.
    03-30-21 10:29 AM

All unlocked Key2 LEs I can find on eBay or Amazon are now selling for completely insane prices ($600+ used, $800+ new). So I came to the forum to see if there were any tips about getting one from Verizon somehow. One link from a thread I found still works: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=T56y7sfp

Happy hunting!
    Any chance you can post a pic of the front side of the K2LE you received from Verizon? Also what is the listed model # on the box BBE-100-5?
    04-14-21 03:27 AM
    Hey, any updates ? How much was the phone and what color ? I wonder if they have a red key2 le...
    04-26-21 08:06 PM