Would love to see WiFi calling come thru as well, but wouldn’t hold my breath. Still a positive sign that the device will be sold as I indicated a few months back from Verizon . It will not be available thru the consumer side as the device was always meant to be an enterprise device. Still this may help get updates quicker and better service from the repair center as more devices will be in production.
    The device as will be the slate and no 5G for some time from BB mobile

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...2019-ces-2019/
    phuoc likes this.
    01-08-19 11:44 AM
    It's really interesting that they chose the LE to test this. If TCL had any leverage VZW would have take the Key2 so they can make more margin and provide business users with a higher spec phone with more features. But I am guessing that VZW is forcing them to sell the cheaper version to help reduce potential losses for VZW-branded units that don't sell. On a positive note this might attract more businesses vs the Key2 due to the price point.

I can see VZW perhaps providing a WFC version to their business customers to make buying the unit from them more appealing. This could also explain why the Key2 and LE have the feature built-in even though it has been disabled. It will be very interesting to see if that's the case.

I am actually going to wait for this to become available before buying my LE to compare the cost, features, etc. In the past I have always purchased my phones directly from VZW for their warranty support in-store or via phone. In this case with a business channel device it will be limited to via phone but it's still a plus that they will support the warranty side.

I am guessing it will be more expensive than Amazon/BlackBerry so I will have to assess the tradeoff. At least there will be a choice.

No matter what your perspective is on this, the fact that VZW is carrying the phone vs not is clearly a good thing. Here's to hoping that it sells well so that the Key3 is sold to consumers via carriers!!

On a final note, the fact that VZW is just starting to carry this phone tells us there won't be a new LE for a while (ie Key3 LE). Perhaps in the Fall...
    phuoc likes this.
    01-08-19 11:53 AM
    I don't think enterprises need or want to pay for higher specs. The LE has a great mid-range processor and 4 GB of RAM, which is more than sufficient for business users.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    01-08-19 01:51 PM
    Maybe Verizon is picky with their spacebars ?
    01-08-19 02:12 PM
    Maybe Verizon knows what their business customers want in terms of price/features. With both Samsung and Apple seeing slower growth, the high end competition will be brutal.

01-08-19 03:24 PM
    So I just called small business telesales to see if they had any info about the phone and frankly to confirm whether I could buy the phone from them as a consumer. Apparently to buy the Key2 LE directly from their business telesales you have to have a business account. I don't have one but I could have one (I have my own business) and I was told that it can be transferred to a business account status with the same pricing (apparently the only difference is that 5 plans or more gets a discount via business accounts). They didn't have any info about the Key2 LE yet - it's still too early.

I am not sure whether I will want to go through the hassle of switching over to a business account, as it's not clear to me what that means in the future if I want to switch back to the consumer side. So now I am going to have to think about whether it's worth getting through the hurdles to buy the phone from VZW directly...
    kadakn01 likes this.
    01-08-19 04:40 PM
    So now I am going to have to think about whether it's worth getting through the hurdles to buy the phone from VZW directly...
    Unless cost is a factor and you're hoping to get it cheaper, why bother? Unless I'm missing some other reason for wanting to buy from VZW, just buy the KEY2 LE and use it on your already existing VZW consumer account.
    01-08-19 09:14 PM
    Unless cost is a factor and you're hoping to get it cheaper, why bother? Unless I'm missing some other reason for wanting to buy from VZW, just buy the KEY2 LE and use it on your already existing VZW consumer account.
    Serious question.. I know I’m the forum idiot for tech stuff.... Don’t you see possible advantage purchasing from VZW regarding the basic and enhanced calling features procurement and warranty process along lines of repair and/or replacement times?
    01-08-19 09:54 PM
    Serious question.. I know I’m the forum idiot for tech stuff.... Don’t you see possible advantage purchasing from VZW regarding the basic and enhanced calling features procurement and warranty process along lines of repair and/or replacement times?
    That's my thought as well in addition to the theoretical possibility that they might unlock the WiFi calling on phones purchased from VZW (that is likely wishful thinking but who knows). Here's a separate thread I created to get feedback regarding the pros/cons of buying from VZW vs Amazon: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13332536
    01-08-19 10:01 PM
    From my understanding and what I know thus far.. there will be no functional difference between the KEY2 LE sold now that is compatible with Verizon compared to what will be sold through VZW Business accounts. The only difference, again as I understand it currently and subject to change, is that the KEY2 LE sold through VZW business has the next level of available certification for VZW.

So what does that mean, really?: Well, it means that VZW corp stores can activate the device easily (as they can now) and VZW 3rd party retailers can also activate the device easily without talking directly to VZW (not available now as they have less acess to override account settings etc.). Remember the issues some folks had with their KEY2 LE initially? Well, those will no longer exist because 1) Everyone will have access to the process. 2) It's a more 'accepted' device.

Through my seeking clarification on the matter, it was never relayed currently that any additional currently not supported features would be added to the device. There was a mention of, perhaps, the possibility of preloading some VZW apps that would be useful to VZW business customers.

You do have a point about warranty/repair/replacement procedures though but I guess that depends on whether anyone thinks the hassle of converting from a consumer to a business account is beneficial.
    01-08-19 10:04 PM
    I need Bla1ze to raise AT&T observation powers regarding similar KEYone replacement program with Key2 or Key2 LE.
    01-08-19 10:09 PM
    This does matter to big business/ govt. at that level devices are still subsidized by carriers. so from vzw the key2 le will probably run large enterprise and government customers $99.99 or less.
    01-08-19 10:53 PM
    please let VZW give their basic VVM to this phone
    01-09-19 12:54 AM
    please let VZW give their basic VVM to this phone
    VVM works on the unlocked one that is compatible now...
    01-09-19 05:55 AM
    Would love to see WiFi calling come thru as well, but wouldn’t hold my breath. Still a positive sign that the device will be sold as I indicated a few months back from Verizon . It will not be available thru the consumer side as the device was always meant to be an enterprise device. Still this may help get updates quicker and better service from the repair center as more devices will be in production.
    The device as will be the slate and no 5G for some time from BB mobile

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...2019-ces-2019/
    thank you for posting this. Was an interesting article. As somebody who just nervously bought a K2LE from Verizon, I find this comforting.

Tom
    01-09-19 12:39 PM
    Can't wait, was going to buy one from Best Buy last week but the price jumped so hopefully there will be a lower introductory price from Verizon

Posted via CB10
    01-09-19 02:02 PM
    I don't think enterprises need or want to pay for higher specs. The LE has a great mid-range processor and 4 GB of RAM, which is more than sufficient for business users.

And the LE already had half the needed certification. They would have had to pay for ODI certification on the KEY2 (when they already payed for LE) and the next level of certification to offer it through VZW.
    01-09-19 03:39 PM