10-13-18 03:10 AM
66 123
tools
    Targeting North America/USA is a very big part of licensing BlackBerry name to gain entry with the USA carriers. After KEYone didn’t land all the USA carriers and the USA government discouraged peer brethren to get denied carrier placement, BBMo/TCL situation has gone downhill regarding sales. Not sure where you think BBMo/TCL hopes to replace 90% of it's North American demand from.
    Unfortunately there is a big difference between the US potential market for TCL, and the reality of the situation. Sales didn't go anywhere in the US for one simple reason: lack of customers. The same reason I suspect no US carrier picked up the Key2 or the LE.

Honestly, to say the US is responsible for even 50% of BBMo's sales in NA is probably a gross exaggeration at this point. So...does lack of US carrier presence doom the prospects for the brand, or free it from the shackles of an unnecessary and pointless drag on their bottom line?

We shall see.
    10-02-18 12:31 AM
    ]Not sure where you think BBMo/TCL hopes to replace 90% of it's North American demand from.
    I wouldn't say the United States is 90%, evidently there's enough demand (pity?) in Canada to convince carriers to roll out/have rolled out the KEYone, KEY2, even the KEY2 LE and Motion. It does help that instead of being separate fiefdoms with their own backwards rules like in America, the Canadian carriers are the opposite problem, i.e. three heads of the same cartel beast, but still, getting 100% of all major carriers with a BlackBerry branded phone hasn't happened in the United States since the Q10.
    10-02-18 07:34 AM
    I guess what I’m saying is that current trajectory of Key offerings appear to be following that of VKB device releases. From Storm, 9860, Z10, Z30, Leap, DTEK and Motion releases, each subsequent device appears to have less carrier sales and carrier support. Like a Flu virus starting in the USA, then spreading across the other regions systematically. The argument for PKBs was hoping to avoid the sales issues of VKBs in regards to direct competition.

It seems that with LTE and 5G, the old delineated landscape of GSM and CDMA will be less of an issue. However, I’m going backwards since carriers aren’t offering enhanced features (WFC and VoLTE) access to all carrier locked devices. Premium services only available to premium devices, if you will. Forgetting any warranty issues or compatibility problems, I, like many others, had started accepting BYOD and factory unlocked purchasing. OEMs all support the carriers and I’m not upset at system in general. If planned in advance, with BOGOF, I can buy Flagship devices for $350-$900 roughly from all carriers being extremely competitive.

Either way, it seems that BB/TCL is once again being frozen out. I’m willing to pay the BBTax for hardware. I’m willing to accept BBLimitatons. However, like cheap mobile plans, what good is the device, without coverage?
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-02-18 09:05 AM
    Either way, it seems that BB/TCL is once again being frozen out. I’m willing to pay the BBTax for hardware. I’m willing to accept BBLimitatons. However, like cheap mobile plans, what good is the device, without coverage?
    This isn't really "new" prepaid customers of companies like Cricket and others have been dealing with these issues for a while. But they are paying for discounted services so they accept that comes with some limitations.

Your case of buying a phone from the carrier, but them not fully supporting it... on a more "premium" post paid account. That really is tough to understand, as I'd expect it is a matter of an engineer's assistant spending less than a hour to whitelist the phone.

Maybe the KEY LE is better supported across the board.... if so it would be good if BBMo clearly stated that. As it is we'll have to see what other experience on each of the networks that it's suppose to be "compatible" with.
    10-02-18 02:02 PM
    Are there cases available for the LE? Or will the original Key2 cases work?
    10-02-18 02:14 PM
    Are there cases available for the LE? Or will the original Key2 cases work?
    Just make one formed with duct tape....
    10-02-18 09:17 PM
    Key2 LE will be available directly from Verizon before year end , and would wait for that version as it will have WiFi calling
    10-05-18 12:59 AM
    Key2 LE will be available directly from Verizon before year end , and would wait for that version as it will have WiFi calling
    That's nice but then why are they also selling it unlocked right now?
    10-05-18 01:34 AM
    That's nice but then why are they also selling it unlocked right now?
    Good question, I would guess as the "formal contract" was still being negotiated with Verizon and some prefer a unlocked device. My thoughts only
    10-05-18 01:36 AM
    Guess I missed it, was there some kind of announcement about Verizon having it?
    10-05-18 08:25 AM
    Guess I missed it, was there some kind of announcement about Verizon having it?
    Blackberry Mobile confirmed it on their Instagram page.
    10-05-18 08:36 AM
    Blackberry Mobile confirmed it on their Instagram page.
    Still don't see it.... Do see where they confirm compatibility on Verizon's network, but not where they said Verizon would be selling it directly as kadakn01 claimed.
    10-05-18 08:59 AM
    I wouldn't say the United States is 90%, evidently there's enough demand (pity?) in Canada to convince carriers to roll out/have rolled out the KEYone, KEY2, even the KEY2 LE and Motion. It does help that instead of being separate fiefdoms with their own backwards rules like in America, the Canadian carriers are the opposite problem, i.e. three heads of the same cartel beast, but still, getting 100% of all major carriers with a BlackBerry branded phone hasn't happened in the United States since the Q10.
    I believe all carried the Classic.
    10-11-18 11:34 AM
    I believe all carried the Classic.
    Not Sprint.
    10-11-18 11:37 AM
    My September 30 order for the LE was, up until today, indicating I would be notified when item would be shipped. Today I get "this item is out of stock" message. Isn't today October 12? The day the Amazon site originally had the device was being released? So release mine! ... Please.

Posted via CB10
    xubaru likes this.
    10-12-18 01:21 PM
    Same sentiments with Best Buy. Stated they can try to fulfill order by November 11th. So, I just cancelled the order all together. Can't find any news that BlackBerry has delayed shipment of the model.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-18 03:10 AM
66 123