it's available on Blueshop.ca & staples.ca now for 599$
    09-30-18 09:41 PM
    I just think Amazon got lazy and copy pasted the features from the KEY2
    Except for the Verizon part, which they basically just made up. Lol.
    09-30-18 10:55 PM
    Looks like they might have fixed it. I see Verizon listed on both links now.
    10-01-18 12:12 AM
    How difficult is the understanding that we’re lucky to have anything? Being a target customer of BB is worse than not being target. Nobody cares for our PKB business or cares to earn our PKB business other than BBMo/TCL and that’s just life. Lower your expectations if you choose to be an outlier in life.
    Accept when you choose to be an outlier in life, people are laughing at you, not with you. Don’t be different and then complain for being treated different.
    Rule 247 of the CrackBerry™ Handbook: When the arguments of "business is hard", "words don't actually mean what they mean", "it's the carriers' fault", etc. fail to persuade the uncooperative, remind the disobedient one that he is lucky that the Wise Dismantler John Chen™, the Great Delayer Steve Cistulli™, and most of all the Mighty & Benevolent TCL Corporation™™ d/b/a BlackBerry Mobile™™™™ have, in their mercy, affected the state of affairs in the universe so as to grant him the continued privilege to purchase shoddily built, poorly supported devices for large sums of money!
    hjc73734 likes this.
    10-01-18 03:00 AM
    Rule 247 of the CrackBerry™ Handbook: When the arguments of "business is hard", "words don't actually mean what they mean", "it's the carriers' fault", etc. fail to persuade the uncooperative, remind the disobedient one that he is lucky that the Wise Dismantler John Chen™, the Great Delayer Steve Cistulli™, and most of all the Mighty & Benevolent TCL Corporation™™ d/b/a BlackBerry Mobile™™™™ have, in their mercy, affected the state of affairs in the universe so as to grant him the continued privilege to purchase shoddily built, poorly supported devices for large sums of money!
    It appears you’re upset with yourself for being outlier and supporter of PKB hardware when the rest of the planet moved on. Why concern yourself on the issues with BBMo/TCL? You should really be upset with all the OEMs and carriers that heartily laugh when PKB hardware is mentioned. You’re free to purchase any brand you’d like. Why come here? BBMo/TCL can never satisfy your unrealistic expectations profitably and has no intentions on trying. It’s not possible at this stage and probably never will be.

Seriously, what brand of Android hardware do you think does it best and sets the gold standard?
    Smokeaire likes this.
    10-01-18 06:47 AM
    So my key2 won’t work with verizon but key2 le will work?
    10-01-18 11:44 AM
    In the details under the title on Amazon, it does not list Verizon. But Verizon is in the title.
    10-01-18 12:02 PM
    It appears you’re upset with yourself for being outlier and supporter of PKB hardware when the rest of the planet moved on. Why concern yourself on the issues with BBMo/TCL? You should really be upset with all the OEMs and carriers that heartily laugh when PKB hardware is mentioned. You’re free to purchase any brand you’d like. Why come here? BBMo/TCL can never satisfy your unrealistic expectations profitably and has no intentions on trying. It’s not possible at this stage and probably never will be.
    Sheesh Charles, laugh a little. I must be striking a nerve if Trusted Members™ and Ambassadors™ are telling me to leave the fold.

Seriously, what brand of Android hardware do you think does it best and sets the gold standard?
    Any brand that releases its devices when they say they're going to, releases them without catastrophic defect, and either keeps its lofty promises of security updates or just doesn't make promises it can't keep in the first place. Most brands are able to do these things.
    10-01-18 12:18 PM
    Assuming that the description is actually correct and that this is the dual SIM KEY2 LE BBE100-5, then this might be the one that has some Verizon whitelisting added to it. Of course, like with everything else BlackBerry-related, the only way to be sure is to have someone test rather than wait for a statement from TCL.
    10-01-18 01:01 PM
    So my key2 won’t work with verizon but key2 le will work?
    Yet to be seen.

Edit: What thurask said.
    10-01-18 01:14 PM
    Sheesh Charles, laugh a little. I must be striking a nerve if Trusted Members™ and Ambassadors™ are telling me to leave the fold.

Any brand that releases its devices when they say they're going to, releases them without catastrophic defect, and either keeps its lofty promises of security updates or just doesn't make promises it can't keep in the first place. Most brands are able to do these things.
    It's a take it or leave it attitude around here. If you criticize then you shouldn't be here according to the old time fans. LOL

I choose to not give TCL any more money after my KEYone until they make something worth what they're asking for.
    spazzmeister likes this.
    10-01-18 01:26 PM
    It's a take it or leave it attitude around here. If you criticize then you shouldn't be here according to the old time fans. LOL

I choose to not give TCL any more money after my KEYone until they make something worth what they're asking for.
    I am not happy about how TCL handled the keyone cdma oreo issue.
    10-01-18 02:03 PM
    I'm suspicious about the Verizon claim in the title. Anyone know if there's a KEY2 LE variant with CDMA as well as Big Red's LTE bands?

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    10-01-18 02:37 PM
    I'm suspicious about the Verizon claim in the title. Anyone know if there's a KEY2 LE variant with CDMA as well as Big Red's LTE bands?

There is no CDMA-capable KEY2 LE, unless one counts the China model (which is MIA at the moment).
    anon(10065266) likes this.
    10-01-18 02:42 PM

No CDMA, does have their LTE Bands, so if it works... it will be a VoLTE device. What that means for customers will vary greatly on their area and coverage.
    10-01-18 02:45 PM
    The Champagne edition clearly states "Verizon" but also clearly states "GSM":

"100% Android with latest Android 8.1 Oreo with access to over a million apps and services from Google play, GSM Unlocked (AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon)" - also states it as BBE100-5 but no PRD identified.

https://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Un...UvbUpU13288587
    10-01-18 03:13 PM
    If it works on Verizon, it will be 4G LTE only. No 3G/2G/1X.
    10-01-18 03:24 PM
    Sure it’s a take it or leave it attitude. It’s one thing about criticism. We’re not realistically going to force change. Niche is way too small. It’s when accusations get thrown around regarding volunteers being shills etc. If you’ve read my comments, I’m not happy with the AT&T KEYone but it stems from Oreo update and lack of carrier support. I’m not trashing BBMo/TCL for things beyond their control.

10-01-18 03:35 PM
    Sure it’s a take it or leave it attitude. It’s one thing about criticism. We’re not realistically going to force change. Niche is way too small. It’s when accusations get thrown around regarding volunteers being shills etc. If you’ve read my comments, I’m not happy with the AT&T KEYone but it stems from Oreo update and lack of carrier support. I’m not trashing BBMo/TCL for things beyond their control.
    Market share is 0.0% and the K2 is already seeing huge price cuts a couple months after release. You really think they will continue pouring money into making shoddy phones that nobody buys? If they don't improve, nobody will buy, and no new phones will be made. I don't know how this is a shocking concept.

And when people come on these forums, the official support arm for the brand, with issues they get attacked by the Trusted Members™ and Ambassadors™ for complaining. That's also poisonous for the brand.
    10-01-18 03:58 PM
    Market share is 0.0% and the K2 is already seeing huge price cuts a couple months after release. You really think they will continue pouring money into making shoddy phones that nobody buys? If they don't improve, nobody will buy, and no new phones will be made. I don't know how this is a shocking concept.

And when people come on these forums, the official support arm for the brand, with issues they get attacked by the Trusted Members and Ambassadors for complaining. That's also poisonous for the brand.
    I would think untruths like "shoddy phones that nobody buys" is more poisonous for the brand than anything written here by Trusted Members or Ambassadors on a BlackBerry fan site.
    10-01-18 04:37 PM

And when people come on these forums, the official support arm for the brand, with issues they get attacked by the Trusted Members™ and Ambassadors™ for complaining. That's also poisonous for the brand.
    The reason the phones aren’t selling is no carrier availability. In North America, 90% of the market is USA and no USA carrier is offering the Key2 and won’t be according to regulatory filings available. Roughly 90% of phones are sold as carrier locked devices in North America. If you think changing anything beyond carrier availability will impact sales, I’d love to see the logic. Carriers don’t care about factory unlocked sales. If they did, you’d see different OEMs in carrier stores.
    10-01-18 04:48 PM
    The reason the phones aren’t selling is no carrier availability. In North America, 90% of the market is USA and no USA carrier is offering the Key2 and won’t be according to regulatory filings available. Roughly 90% of phones are sold as carrier locked devices in North America. If you think changing anything beyond carrier availability will impact sales, I’d love to see the logic. Carriers don’t care about factory unlocked sales. If they did, you’d see different OEMs in carrier stores.
    I'm guessing (and I do mean guessing) that the USA/North America are not really the target audience.
    10-01-18 06:27 PM
    I'm guessing (and I do mean guessing) that the USA/North America are not really the target audience.
    Targeting North America/USA is a very big part of licensing BlackBerry name to gain entry with the USA carriers. After KEYone didn’t land all the USA carriers and the USA government discouraged peer brethren to get denied carrier placement, BBMo/TCL situation has gone downhill regarding sales. Not sure where you think BBMo/TCL hopes to replace 90% of it's North American demand from.
    10-01-18 08:22 PM
    I would think untruths like "shoddy phones that nobody buys" is more poisonous for the brand than anything written here by Trusted Members or Ambassadors on a BlackBerry fan site.
    Way to go conite,I like your style.
    10-01-18 08:23 PM
    Well said!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-18 10:14 PM
66 123