I was at a Walmart today because I was trying to buy their last Key2 LE (in Vegas). Anyhow, when I called 3 days ago there was 1 available. And I get there today and the Manager told me that he had to send the phone back this week due to a manufacturer recall, which he thought was odd (and so did I!). It was a shame I wasn't able to buy it for the $109 clearance price.

Does anyone know about a Key2 LE recall? He specifically told me it was related to a certain batch of IMEIs (he honestly sounded like he knew what he was talking about).

I literally just bought 3 Key2 LEs (as backups to my current LE and potentially for parts because they were so cheap) from a Walmart in Plattsburgh, NY ($109 each - ridiculously good deal!) a few weeks ago and now I am wondering if they have been recalled?

Thanks,
    Jeremy
    11-29-19 08:35 PM
    I was at a Walmart today because I was trying to buy their last Key2 LE (in Vegas). Anyhow, when I called 3 days ago there was 1 available. And I get there today and the Manager told me that he had to send the phone back this week due to a manufacturer recall, which he thought was odd (and so did I!). It was a shame I wasn't able to buy it for the $109 clearance price.

Does anyone know about a Key2 LE recall? He specifically told me it was related to a certain batch of IMEIs (he honestly sounded like he knew what he was talking about).

I literally just bought 3 Key2 LEs (as backups to my current LE and potentially for parts because they were so cheap) from a Walmart in Plattsburgh, NY ($109 each - ridiculously good deal!) a few weeks ago and now I am wondering if they have been recalled?

Thanks,
    Jeremy
    I suspect the recall was simply more of a manufacturer or supplier recall of unsold inventory once sales at earlier prices had stagnated. In the USA at least, when this round of LE devices made it's way to Walmart channel, I believe it’s part of early liquidation process. I believe that any factory unlocked hardware is through sub-partner or third party vendor. BBMo through it’s TCL ownership should have some pretty strong distribution relationships to ask for help.
    11-30-19 08:07 AM

Thanks,
    Jeremy
    I suspect the recall was simply more of a manufacturer or supplier recall of unsold inventory once sales at earlier prices had stagnated. In the USA at least, when this round of LE devices made it's way to Walmart channel, I believe it’s part of early liquidation process. I believe that any factory unlocked hardware is through sub-partner or third party vendor. BBMo through it’s TCL ownership should have some pretty strong distribution relationships to ask for help.
    11-30-19 08:07 AM
    Thanks Chuck. I suppose that is possible but it's odd that he mentioned specific IMEIs (in that if it was a recall of unsold inventory the IMEIs wouldn't matter - the SKU/UPC would). Anyhow it will be interesting to see if anything comes of this. I bought 3 from Walmart and I hope they don't end up recalled!
    11-30-19 08:33 PM
    Thanks Chuck. I suppose that is possible but it's odd that he mentioned specific IMEIs (in that if it was a recall of unsold inventory the IMEIs wouldn't matter - the SKU/UPC would). Anyhow it will be interesting to see if anything comes of this. I bought 3 from Walmart and I hope they don't end up recalled!
    If there was a recall, I’m sure we’d have seen or heard something on CrackBerry of all places, especially by now. Feel comfortable with your purchases and change out at least once per year. Oreo won’t be so great four years from now.
    11-30-19 08:36 PM
    You got some damn good deals for those LE's at $109 !

I don't think there is any reason to have a recall on any LE's as there were no common issues reported by anyone aside from one-off issues.
    11-30-19 08:38 PM
    except for the Verizon issue, you know having to get a new SIM for your text messages to work.
    12-08-19 04:09 PM