Don't cry, I know you're sad that BlackBerry is exiting the hardware business soon. It will be ok Conite.
    https://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Un...UvbUpU13325043

BlackBerry already left the hardware business.

BlackBerry Mobile, on the other hand, is only half way through their current licencing deal.
    12-23-18 08:53 AM
    I see price lowering there too! Down from $649, looks as if Amazon is doing the same thing as Best Buy, cleaning out inventory before shuttering its doors on Blackberry Mobile forever..it will be ok Conite.
    12-23-18 08:55 AM
    I see price lowering there too! Down from $649, looks as if Amazon is doing the same thing as Best Buy, cleaning out inventory before shuttering its doors on Blackberry Mobile forever..it will be ok Conite.
    Obviously.

A $25 price drop, before Christmas, after 6 months on the market can only mean that.
    the_boon and bibbula like this.
    12-23-18 08:57 AM
    Obviously.

A $25 price drop, before Christmas, after 6 months on the market can only mean that.
    I'm glad that you agree! And BTW, the drop was $26.52.
    12-23-18 08:58 AM
    I went and checked one out last Saturday did the updates and everything for Best Buy. Definitely going to get one and glad I waited now that the price dropped

Posted via CB10
    12-23-18 09:10 AM
    For crying out loud.
    I’ve noticed the LE in a couple of different stores with actual displays. I want BBMo success but the salespeople inside the electronics retailers don’t make anything when compared to selling carrier locked devices with carrier plans.

I noticed this as I walked up to display. I didn’t even make it to LE, but to some Motorola device. I played stupid, not hard for me. I asked the salesperson difference with devices, meaning three factory unlocked but was answered that carrier devices for your carrier are over here, regardless of which carrier I’m on, since I never said which carrier I’m on.
    12-23-18 09:17 AM
    I just got my purchase reduced by over hundred bucks. The Atomic Red is a steal at $349 US and Slate model is even lower.
    It's ok for Samsung and Apple and carriers to have Holiday sales but not TCL!
    Buy the phone instead of being a negative person.
    12-23-18 09:36 AM
    Buy the phone instead of being a negative person.
    If it had not had WFC intentionally blocked by TCL I would have... and would have paid the original price too.

But......
    phuoc likes this.
    12-23-18 10:41 AM
    If it had not had WFC intentionally blocked by TCL I would have... and would have paid the original price too.

But......
    But you don’t think it’s from multiple carriers pressuring TCL or even requiring TCL in order to achieve future carrier sales access? What exactly would be TCL motive to block WFC and VoLTE if not carrier pressure? Maybe some regulatory body pressure? Why, exactly, do you think any OEM would block a selling feature?
    12-23-18 11:17 AM
    Again: You have zero evidence for your "pressure" allegation, or for that matter "requirement." Since these devices are not sold "branded" by any carrier in the US there is no "requirement" that could have been placed on them to do so (e.g. some sort of "exclusionary" deal), never mind that such a contract, intended to limit competition in a HORIZONTAL fashion (across competitors in a market) is a per-se felony in the United States under 15 USC Chapter 1.

I honestly don't care why TCL did or didn't include some feature. What I do know is that it has cost them sales; at least mine, and likely many others, and that it will do so in the future too because I won't buy anything made by them now or in the future, no matter who they private-label for.
    phuoc and krazyatom like this.
    12-23-18 12:18 PM
    TCL makes great products their TV's are disruptive with their picture quality for the price point offered. I dare say the Key2 LE also has that capability if more people tried it.
    12-23-18 12:35 PM
    I guess sales are that bad. I am going to have to have amazon price match on the LE I just bought from them for 399 or return and rebuy at WorstBuy for 319. Crap.
    Define bad..look no one is expecting blackberry ever to get back to where it was. It is not happening. All we can hope for us they keep making phones for the small nice market of people that still need a PKB. Key3 doesn't matter what they do with it. We could love it and agree its the best BB ever maden but it won't change the fact that the hand set business for blackberry is over.
    12-23-18 12:44 PM
    https://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Un...UvbUpU13325126

BlackBerry already left the hardware business.

BlackBerry Mobile, on the other hand, is only half way through their current licencing deal.
    Scary..imagine TCL decides to end the deal.
    12-23-18 12:44 PM
    Scary..imagine TCL decides to end the deal.
    The world keeps turning.
    12-23-18 12:57 PM
    It's Christmas people! A time of hope not despair.
    12-23-18 01:11 PM
    Again: You have zero evidence for your "pressure" allegation, or for that matter "requirement." Since these devices are not sold "branded" by any carrier in the US there is no "requirement" that could have been placed on them to do so (e.g. some sort of "exclusionary" deal), never mind that such a contract, intended to limit competition in a HORIZONTAL fashion (across competitors in a market) is a per-se felony in the United States under 15 USC Chapter 1.

I honestly don't care why TCL did or didn't include some feature. What I do know is that it has cost them sales; at least mine, and likely many others, and that it will do so in the future too because I won't buy anything made by them now or in the future, no matter who they private-label for.
    Carriers make demands constantly of all OEMs. Somebody pressured somebody else to remove a feature that was originally found in the capable hardware. A manager told an underling to do it. This wasn’t accidental or it would be fixed.

I bought a carrier locked AT&T KEYone. The device has WFC at T-Mobile but AT&T blocked that capability intentionally. This was explained to me repeatedly. It had VoLTE until Oreo update and it was removed. AT&T explained to me that Enhanced Calling Features are blocked on factory unlocked then couldn’t explain my carrier device. After escalating several times, I got the same answer. Only certain premium devices will be supported by AT&T including only certain brands and models of those brands.

There’s nothing exclusionary about this behavior that illegal. The other carriers all practice some form of this with hardware sold and not sold by each respective carrier. Within all carrier agreements is language allowing the carrier to do so and each customer agrees to by entering into the contract for service.

Basic services are guaranteed and better regulated, enhanced, not so much. The fact that all this costs them sales just shows they’re bowing to pressure. If all devices are factory unlocked, then enhanced feature is removed since carriers are blocking anyway. This is happening in USA and Canada. Here in USA, T-Mobile customers are complaining and in Canada, it’s Rogers if memory serves me. Really, don’t you think all the OEMs and carriers practice cooperation to “encourage” customers to upgrade more frequently? There’s whole legal departments whose jobs are to use all regulations to competitive advantage.

So, to me, it’s just incredulous to believe the carriers aren’t involved. Carriers previous history and behavior from last 35 years say otherwise. Besides, what do you buy instead that’s not part of this same issue?

Remember, I haven’t bought anymore BBMo/TCL devices since my AT&T KEYone because of this. I did just buy an iPhone XR for WFC and VoLTE access.
    phuoc and BigBadWulf like this.
    12-23-18 01:16 PM
    [QUOTE=Chuck

Remember, I haven’t bought anymore BBMo/TCL devices since my AT&T KEYone because of this. I did just buy an iPhone XR for WFC and VoLTE access.[/QUOTE]

Likewise!!!
    12-23-18 03:07 PM
    Will Amazon price match the Best Buy sale price?
    12-23-18 03:47 PM
    Don't cry, I know you're sad that BlackBerry Mobile is exiting the hardware business soon. It will be ok Conite.
    A cry of desperation and exasperation more like...
    12-23-18 04:01 PM
    originally purchased mine for $449. Then had them adjust to $399. Just had them adjust to $319. Merry Christmas to me.
    phuoc and yellowhammer like this.
    12-24-18 12:03 PM
    Thanks for posting this. I called and got a $100 refund on my recently purchased red KEY2 LE.
    What's the time frame for a refund from Best Buy?
    12-24-18 02:28 PM
    Amazon is now down to 319.99 also
    12-24-18 02:54 PM
    Any chance that it will drop to $249?
    12-24-18 02:59 PM
    Any chance that it will drop to $249?
    When it hits $199 .. I’m probably in... especially if there might be a dual boot option with BB10 also..
    the_boon likes this.
    12-24-18 03:10 PM
    When it hits $199 .. I’m probably in... especially if there might be a dual boot option with BB10 also..
    A dual boot version with BB10 wouldn't be possible, as for the price maybe in a year or so you will be able to get a used one for about that but at that point would you really still want one? Honestly at $319.99 I am more than happy with my new LE.
    12-24-18 03:31 PM
74 123