I tried to activate Verizon Visual Voicemail on my Key2 LE. The app said for 2 days that it was waiting to activate. I got to tier 2 support and they told me that the Key2 LE is not compatible.
    He then reset my voicemail back to basic voicemail. Guess what happened? When he did it, it broke my SMS setup. Back to only being able to send text and not receive text message. I told them that it took 5 days for them to fix that a week ago and that the resolution was to have Tier 3 set my SMS format to 3GPP. He put a ticket in to Network Support and said it would take up to 24 hours to fix it.
    11-03-18 07:28 PM
    Man, if Verizon wasn't the only game in town, I'd have switched ages ago. That stinks what happened to you with VVM. I remember having VVM on my old Windows Phone, and it was awesome. Then, out of the blue, they dropped VVM support for nearly all phones except iPhones. I'm still bitter about that.

On an unrelated note, I'm genuinely concerned about their dropping of CDMA. I only get 1X (and occasionally 3g) coverage at my house. My town might turn into a dead zone :-/
    11-04-18 05:31 AM
    I don’t think VZW is going to leave profitable revenue behind for AT&T or T-Mobile. If the re-farming of CDMA to LTE allows for same quality of coverage, you’ll be fine. If not, you should get same or better coverage than AT&T or T-Mobile LTE service in your area.
    11-04-18 06:03 AM
    Hurricane Michael has me questioning if networks are really ready for the end of 3G.... as that's what most of use here have been living on. Not sure what this LTE stuff you are talking about is...
    11-05-18 07:28 AM
    I have had no issues setting it up on my Key2 LE. That and texts are all working as expected.
    11-05-18 12:29 PM
    I have had no issues setting it up on my Key2 LE. That and texts are all working as expected.
    Did you get visual voicemail to work on your Key2 LE with Verizon?
    11-05-18 02:23 PM
    VVM is working normally like I've used it on other devices in the past.

There is a voicemail tab on the phone application that let's me see, play, delete (etc) my voicemails.
    11-05-18 02:44 PM
    VVM is working normally like I've used it on other devices in the past.

There is a voicemail tab on the phone application that let's me see, play, delete (etc) my voicemails.
    I agree. My VVM is now working but I had to manually change my SMS format in ARDA until Verizon reapplies the CDMA-Less provisioning. I just can't send SMS messages.
    Looks like when everything is fixed the only thing that the KEY2 LE won't have working on Verizon is WiFi Calling.
    11-05-18 07:42 PM
    Well VZW finally got my Key2 LE provisioned properly and I can send and receive SMS. They had to add my device IMEI to their device management database. Prior to that they could not put the CDMA-free code on my account. Also for the last few days I had premium VVM on my account and it work just fine. I was getting voicemail transcription and all was well. Once they told the system that I had a Key2 LE by adding my IMEI they could only provision basic visual voicemail on my account. They tech support guy said we proved that it works for the last 2 days. So, he is putting a ticket in to have the system understand that the Key2 LE is fully VVM compatible and then all of us should be able to get it added.
    bibbula likes this.
    11-07-18 03:37 PM
    Well VZW finally got my Key2 LE provisioned properly and I can send and receive SMS. They had to add my device IMEI to their device management database. Prior to that they could not put the CDMA-free code on my account. Also for the last few days I had premium VVM on my account and it work just fine. I was getting voicemail transcription and all was well. Once they told the system that I had a Key2 LE by adding my IMEI they could only provision basic visual voicemail on my account. They tech support guy said we proved that it works for the last 2 days. So, he is putting a ticket in to have the system understand that the Key2 LE is fully VVM compatible and then all of us should be able to get it added.
    Good to hear all is well on your end. My VVM isn't working, but I get very few calls these day so it's not a deal breaker for me. That said, hopefully they roll out something so it works as it should for everyone.
    11-07-18 06:04 PM
    I set up my new Key2 LE last night and thought all was working well. I discovered my basic visual voicemail does not work: "Visual Voicemail is Disabled...Please contact Customer Support to activate visual voicemail." Tier I Tech Support stated it will not work with my device. He tried to activate premium, but that also would not work.

I should mention that I did not change my SIM card, just moved it from my PRIV and called VZW to add the "CDMA-less feature" to my account.

Any suggestions on how to get basic VVM to work?
    12-13-18 09:35 AM
    I set up my new Key2 LE last night and thought all was working well. I discovered my basic visual voicemail does not work: "Visual Voicemail is Disabled...Please contact Customer Support to activate visual voicemail." Tier I Tech Support stated it will not work with my device. He tried to activate premium, but that also would not work.

I should mention that I did not change my SIM card, just moved it from my PRIV and called VZW to add the "CDMA-less feature" to my account.

Any suggestions on how to get basic VVM to work?
    Most have been switching out to new SIM for various reasons. I’m not sure if this will help VVM but either way, it’s been strongly encouraged by many smarter than me on here, to still get a new replacement SIM for multiple benefits.
    12-13-18 10:12 AM
    Most have been switching out to new SIM for various reasons. I’m not sure if this will help VVM but either way, it’s been strongly encouraged by many smarter than me on here, to still get a new replacement SIM for multiple benefits.
    My BASIC VVM on Verizon has been working fine for a month with my Key2 LE. I had premium working for a week when I first activated the phone but I could only send text messages. Once tier 2 had the network group but my IMEI in the device management server and told it that it was a Key2 LE the premium stopped working and they switched it back to basic. I still have an open ticket to get the premium working again. It is a problem in Verizon's provisioning software and not the phone.
    12-13-18 03:53 PM
    I couldn't get them to activate basic VVM on my KEY2 LE, but they activated it without issue on my KEY2, which isn't officially supported on the network. So that makes a lot of sense...
    12-13-18 04:03 PM
    Well then, official word is simply that right now, at VZW, bedlam and confusion reign...
    12-13-18 05:00 PM
    Well then, official word is simply that right now, at VZW, bedlam and confusion reign...
    Nothing new:-(
    12-13-18 05:24 PM