Why is selling out a fail?
    For advertising availability to customers, yet not even having any on launch day for said advertisement. That's a marketing and sales NO-NO....
    10-13-18 08:27 PM
    Why do you care that I care?
    Because you are clearly done with BlackBerry but continue to beat the drum.
    moosbb likes this.
    10-13-18 08:27 PM
    For advertising availability to customers, yet not even having any on launch day for said advertisement. That's a marketing and sales NO-NO....
    There are other channels with remaining stock.
    10-13-18 08:28 PM
    Because you are clearly done with BlackBerry but continue to beat the drum.
    So if someone sees something as a negative then it's an automatic "they don't care" and are just ragging on good ol' BBMo? Maybe they do care and choose to SEE the forest for the trees.
    10-13-18 09:02 PM
    One Amazon site now. One to three month wait for delivery.
    Wow! That is unbelievable.
    #Sh!t Show
    10-13-18 09:04 PM
    So if someone sees something as a negative then it's an automatic "they don't care" and are just ragging on good ol' BBMo? Maybe they do care and choose to SEE the forest for the trees.
    That doesn't match his history. He said he would never buy another and yet here we are.
    portplayer and the_boon like this.
    10-13-18 09:06 PM
    Must admit I’m usually Negative Nancy when it comes to dogging brands but gjh1978 does take it a whole other level XD
    the_boon and moosbb like this.
    10-13-18 09:12 PM
    That doesn't match his history. He said he would never buy another and yet here we are.

That could very well be yet...

I take a different perspective on it in that, the ones making the loudest noise usually care the most and can plainly see, these potholes that keep cropping up ain't gonna help the brand as whole. These reoccurring ruts are the very reason I myself kept clear of the KEY2 and now LE and wonder how many others it has deterred, or will deter.
    10-13-18 10:00 PM
    Repeated failure to meet demand suggests problems. If this is a deliberate strategy by TCL to promote the brand through artificial scarcity, it's foolish. These phones tend to have hardware and software that's already older than the market leaders, and it grows older every day they're not selling the phones. CrackBerry is full of fans, but thankfully enough are tired of attempting to defend the indefensible that we have these sorts of discussions. Regardless of whether people here talking about this phone have said they won't buy another BlackBerry, that doesn't make their points less valid. Just imagine how many people out there walked away from the brand and never offered any opinion on why. These are useful discussions. Anyone disinterested in critiquing the brand when it's warranted is welcome to start a new thread that's one of those "Oh boy, can't wait, show us pics of your phones" threads.

Posted via CB10
    Elky64 and phuoc like this.
    10-13-18 10:23 PM
    These phones tend to have hardware and software that's already older than the market leaders,
    How is the 636 old?

The first devices with this SoC came out in 2018.

And Android Pie has less than 0.1% distribution.
    Last edited by conite; 10-13-18 at 11:30 PM.
    10-13-18 10:35 PM
    How is the 636 old?

The first devices with this SoC came out in 2018.

And Android Pie has less than 0.1% distribution.
    "If it doesn't have an 845, it's an old snail of a phone"

-Spec nerds
    10-14-18 02:26 AM
    My daily driver is 5 years old.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-18 10:07 PM
    Delivery Delay from Amazon - wtf?
    Attached Thumbnails KEY2 LE not on Amazon-image.jpg  
    10-22-18 11:48 AM
    Use Best Buy.
    10-22-18 02:39 PM
    OP, from standard marketing for handsets: you fulfill carrier order 1st - if VZ sell it like hot cake, you make more hot cake and send out in batches - you never, ever want carrier shortage of device (you never know when next hot cake pop up). you always want to be on carrier's good side (if they pull inventory from amazon shift it to VZ, I am not surprised). next comes with big box store - you do want customer walk out with a device, otherwise, they might walk out with some other device (if they intended to buy - made trip to store). Both (carrier and store), support are in bulk - carrier or store front are the customer support, MFG are the secondary - cheaper than individual support as sold in Amazon (you directly call BBMo get tickets... rather than go to carrier or store for exchange device). I think BBMo set their priroity correct based on the limited supply and high demand of LE. Look like if you are short stock based on your assumption of lack of inventory in Amazon, it might be a bit shaky... As for 9,10, 11 - units sell number, that is silly, if it is sold poorly, amazon will pull the product altogether, like some of cloth listed on the site: "the product is no longer availble, we don't know when it will be availble...etc.etc.", their listed web real estate is valued based on the sale... not listing... (not like google, based on ads... or facebook for that matter). IMHO.
    10-22-18 04:52 PM
    It's in stock at every Best Buy around here within 100 miles -- which is quite a few. "Ready in 1 hour".

But without WiFi Calling working on T-Mobile, I'm not buying -- and it's reported it doesn't work by multiple people.

Looks like the DTEK60 (which I still have) will remain my last BlackBerry branded device......
    10-22-18 05:05 PM
66 123