I think I know the answer to this, but need you guys to confirm... If I require a PKB and I'm tied to Verizon, is the Key2 LE my only option for a new phone?

I'm anxiously awaiting the day to be rid of the Priv. I've had it for a couple years, and I've been rather disappointed.

Thanks for your help.
    01-16-19 12:02 PM
    Officially, yes. Unofficially, you can also possibly wrangle VZW into activating a KEY2.
    01-16-19 12:06 PM
    I think I know the answer to this, but need you guys to confirm... If I require a PKB and I'm tied to Verizon, is the Key2 LE my only option for a new phone?

I'm anxiously awaiting the day to be rid of the Priv. I've had it for a couple years, and I've been rather disappointed.

Thanks for your help.
    I have the Key 2 Le and I can say 100 percent you will enjoy your experience on the Le vs the PRIV. I was a priv owner but it's battery draining issue was just too much. Buy the Le you will not be disappointed
    01-16-19 12:22 PM
    LE is the best bet
    anon(10572257) likes this.
    01-16-19 10:35 PM

Thanks for your help.
    Untie Verizon...
    01-17-19 03:04 PM
    There's been a lot of success of late with the KEY2. Check the past month here and here. It's not without risk though, so it's hard to recommend getting one on VZW currently. The pendulum could swing either way at any moment. Only reason it's not whitelisted is...because.
    01-17-19 10:46 PM
    Coming from a PRIV and on Verizon as well, I can say my experience with the Key2 LE has been leaps and bounds better in every way. I honestly can't think of one thing that I miss, or haven't easily adapted to PRIV to LE. So glad to be done with that flaming pile of goo. I am more than happy with the LE. It's a great phone if you must have a PKB
    01-18-19 08:58 AM
    Officially, yes. Unofficially, you can also possibly wrangle VZW into activating a KEY2.
    Hey Blaze ..quick question..so yes I am still on the fence of getting the key 2 silver..( I literally have confirmed and cancelled numerous amazon orders lol) We haven't had any real rumours or confirmation of a key 3 so in your opinion would purchasing a Key 2 silver today a good decision?

To me it doesn't seem like we are going to get at key 3 this summer....just looking for a veteran blackberry man's opinion lol

I love my key 2 Le but I want that larger PKB and I really do miss being able to erase text quickly in whatsapp with the capacitive keyboard
    01-18-19 02:08 PM
    We haven't had any real rumours or confirmation of a key 3 so in your opinion would purchasing a Key 2 silver today a good decision?
    I would say... if you can wait until Mobile World Congress next month. I'm not saying there will be a KEY3, I'm just saying you might want to hold out and see what pops up.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-18-19 02:12 PM
    I would say... if you can wait until Mobile World Congress next month. I'm not saying there will be a KEY3, I'm just saying you might want to hold out and see what pops up.
    Lol ..dammit..i wanted you to say buy one..then I could justify it to my wife and say Blaize said to buy it! Lol
    01-18-19 02:31 PM
    Biggest issue I'm having right now is the battery..like I'm at 53 percent right now so if I was heading out right now I would not be confident about my battery life. I miss the feeling I had with my keyone BE and motion where I literally never thought about battery life.
    01-18-19 02:33 PM
    Also when you say 'I'm not saying there will be a key 3' do you literally mean that this might be the last key series phone!??

U are getting me scared brother! Lol
    01-18-19 02:34 PM
    It would be awesome to have a 4000 Mah battery in the key 3.
    01-18-19 03:21 PM
    I took the plunge! I bought a used one with just some minor marks on the side that I will cover with a case..got it for 738 dollars Canadian that's taxes all in!
    01-18-19 03:32 PM
    I took the plunge! I bought a used one with just some minor marks on the side that I will cover with a case..got it for 738 dollars Canadian that's taxes all in!
    Ahh there ya go. That works, you can still blame me if your wife has issues. I don't mind. :P
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-18-19 03:34 PM
    Biggest issue I'm having right now is the battery..like I'm at 53 percent right now so if I was heading out right now I would not be confident about my battery life. I miss the feeling I had with my keyone BE and motion where I literally never thought about battery life.
    Put the device on power saving mode constantly (you'll have a red status bar at the top), disable as many Google Apps as you don't use, disable WiFi and Bluetooth scanning when off in the location settings, do check which apps have access to your location, if you see the location icon at the top of the screen constantly on while you're not navigating, then check which app might be draining it.

There are many other things one can do to extend battery life.

I always get a full day off my LE
    01-18-19 03:41 PM
    Ahh there ya go. That works, you can still blame me if your wife has issues. I don't mind. :P
    Thanks! Lol
    01-18-19 04:02 PM
    Put the device on power saving mode constantly (you'll have a red status bar at the top), disable as many Google Apps as you don't use, disable WiFi and Bluetooth scanning when off in the location settings, do check which apps have access to your location, if you see the location icon at the top of the screen constantly on while you're not navigating, then check which app might be draining it.

There are many other things one can do to extend battery life.

I always get a full day off my LE
    Yeah but I don't want to do all those things ..I miss just being able to use my phone without any of these tricks. I loved loved the motion battery that thing was just unreal but I just will never get use to a virtual keyboard. I just hope the key 2 silver I get doesn't have a loose or loud space bar as many people have complained about. As well as a good finger print sensor. The one on my Le works perfectly
    01-18-19 04:05 PM
    you can still blame me if your wife has issues
    Read that again

01-18-19 08:20 PM
    Thanks Blaze - much appreciated! I was giving the LE a try (without a SIM) and will return it to hold out for MWC. Thanks again!
    01-18-19 09:25 PM
    Blaze, just to confirm, are you suggested if someone is considering a Key2 LE or Key2 they should hold out for MWC? I'm asking because I am going to wait but I don't want to wait if you have an all-touch device in mind, as I'm looking for something for a physical keyboard... Thanks!
    01-19-19 10:50 AM
    Blaze, just to confirm, are you suggested if someone is considering a Key2 LE or Key2 they should hold out for MWC? I'm asking because I am going to wait but I don't want to wait if you have an all-touch device in mind, as I'm looking for something for a physical keyboard... Thanks!
    How do you develop a relationship of trust, where people in the know share what they know, knowing you'll keep it on the down low, and how do you end said relationship?
    01-19-19 10:12 PM
    How do you develop a relationship of trust, where people in the know share what they know, knowing you'll keep it on the down low, and how do you end said relationship?
    I see you're a moderator so clearly it sounds like I have done something wrong?!?

I just wanted to be sure that holding out for MWC potentially involves something with a physical keyboard - that is all... Kept it high-level on purpose for obvious reasons. I am on my last legs with my Classic and I can't afford to hold out for another month only to find out that whatever he had in mind doesn't have a physical keyboard...
    01-19-19 10:35 PM
    I see you're a moderator so clearly it sounds like I have done something wrong?!?
    You asked a question most want an answer to, and no one with the answer can talk about. Nothing wrong, just sayin' were anything be made public, it never happens because somebody asked, but rather because it was official or leaked outside official realms, and posted here ASAP.
    01-19-19 11:34 PM
    Coming from a PRIV and on Verizon as well, I can say my experience with the Key2 LE has been leaps and bounds better in every way. I honestly can't think of one thing that I miss, or haven't easily adapted to PRIV to LE. So glad to be done with that flaming pile of goo. I am more than happy with the LE. It's a great phone if you must have a PKB
    You don't miss the 5.4" AMOLED display? Or the capacitive keyboard? The atomic Key2 LE looks so good, but I don't think I can sacrifice either of those.
    01-20-19 11:19 AM
29 12