Is there a built in magnetic sensor for a case/sleeve?
    01-13-20 01:58 AM
    You mean sleeper magnet? The only way to find out (and I have yet to do this) is place a magnet on the device (a strong one is best) and move it length-wise until the screen goes off (set the timeout to be 2 minutes), then goes on again when you move it away from that area.

Once you find the sweet spot (rear and front), you can modify a flip case/belt clip by gluing a strong magnet to it.

Neodium magnets are best, specifically thin ones. Those can be found inside cardboard packaging that sticks together (pretty easy to remove with a box cutter or by hand).

From my BlackBerry Q5 on Freedom Mobile 3G HSPA+
    01-16-20 04:05 PM
    Yes, I have the BB Priv belt case and it turns the Key2 LE on and off automatically when you take it in and out of the case. I've found these cases are cheap and easy to get, so a great option for the Key2 LE. The fit is perfect too. The only problem is the clip comes off the back after a while because it is not glued very well (more accurately, the backing material is fuzzy and rips apart too easily). This can be fixed with superglue, however, once it comes loose. After regluing mine it has lasted well. The trick is to use a LOT of glue.
    asiayeah likes this.
    01-19-20 08:16 AM
    Yes, I have the BB Priv belt case and it turns the Key2 LE on and off automatically when you take it in and out of the case. I've found these cases are cheap and easy to get, so a great option for the Key2 LE. The fit is perfect too. The only problem is the clip comes off the back after a while because it is not glued very well (more accurately, the backing material is fuzzy and rips apart too easily). This can be fixed with superglue, however, once it comes loose. After regluing mine it has lasted well. The trick is to use a LOT of glue.
    I find the priv belt pouch also fits fine with my k2 and priv, just not at the same time. Lol.
    I haven't had any trouble with the clip yet but the glue is on standby.
    Overall I think it's a good case.

Posted via my beautiful priv
    01-19-20 09:09 AM
    The sleeper magnet placement is just below the keyboard area is, you know where the speakers are.
    02-02-20 11:16 AM