I’m attempting to replace the lcd screen which I managed to break within the timespan of getting the phone and receiving the case. I ended up ordering a screen from Ali Express, and of course it had no instructions. I tried using the key2 tear down but there are enough differences that it wasn’t giving me the info I needed. I’m hoping someone on here knows where to go from here. As you can see from the pictures I did manage to pry the back off with the small screwdriver that was provided with the screen. And I proceeded to take all the screws out but there is a data cord attached to the silver battery cover and the camera lens is holding down the top black piece. I don’t think I can just pry the screen out of the front like the back but maybe I can. Any thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails KEY2 LE LCD Screen Replacement-196ea5be-1612-434a-80ca-e18555c7709f.jpg   KEY2 LE LCD Screen Replacement-53f3fb02-bcb3-41ad-af02-22eaba7fa8e3.jpg   KEY2 LE LCD Screen Replacement-650b768f-1724-4ec6-aa42-eb65027c0ca2.jpg  
    01-28-19 09:02 PM
    It seems that front glass is part of the screen and that is probably glued to middle part/sides. Hot air gun or maybe hairdryer but you have to be very careful to heat only the screen. I would say that the part where is front camera and speaker is glued to something.

But it is just my opinion, I haven't seen it inside my LE. I will have my screen hopefully replaced soon as I have two spots on it from factory, so it will be covered by warranty but I will be a few weeks without phone so I am waiting for a new battery for backup phone - Classic.

Also, try to look under the plastic bar bellow the keyboard - many BBs had screws here.
    01-29-19 02:56 PM
    Is the camera and the holder for the glass one piece,is this fixed or can you solve it?i would also be interested in how it looks under the black cover?
    Did you find out somethig?
    Greetings...
    02-05-19 01:00 PM
    Well, good news. I got the back off and I got the screen replaced and it works! The trick was everything other than the screws directly behind the back cover was just held together by really strong adhesive doubled sided tape. Below is what it looks like with the battery cover and the main circuitry cover off.
    KEY2 LE LCD Screen Replacement-2019-01-30-21.51.26.jpg
    After taking the battery out I was presented with the main issue that held me up, which was how to get the screen off. The adhesive is really strong. What I ended up doing is super gluing some suction cups I had left over from other projects onto the screen and just ripping the screen off. I thought there was a bezel that was attached to the screen, and was trying to get underneath that, but finally realized that wasn't the case, the bezel was part of the phone case. The adhesive was so strong it held the outside of the glass screen in place, and I literally had to rip the middle(main part) off. I then had to take a some tweezers and a flathead screw driver to pry all the glass off the edge. You can see on the top left of the screen I even slipped and punctured the super duper thin metal and thought I had destroyed the main internals. I'm not really sure what the black film is that came up. It scratched super easily. I've seem something similar in the iphone. I think if it gets wet it proves the phone had water damage, but I'm not positive.
    KEY2 LE LCD Screen Replacement-2019-01-30-22.00.28.jpgKEY2 LE LCD Screen Replacement-2019-02-10-22.47.36.jpg

Once I got all old glass off, I had to super glue the screen back in because the adhesive was absolutely screwed. I used the gel kind of glue, so it stayed in place better. The screen went back on and it looks good as new. The battery and covers back on fine, and I didn't have to glue anything else. Anyways, that's all I can think of. It was definitely more daunting than I figured. My only experience was replacing an iphone screen, which was about 10 times easier than this. If anyone has any questions don't hesitate to ask.
    Last edited by Bizybrewer; 02-11-19 at 10:44 PM.
    02-11-19 08:49 PM
    Well, good news. I got the back off and I got the screen replaced and it works! The trick was everything other than the screws directly behind the back cover was just held together by really strong adhesive doubled sided tape. Below is what it looks like with the battery cover and the main circuitry cover off.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-01-30 21.51.26.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	308.3 KB 
ID:	442957
    After taking the battery out I was presented with the main issue that held me up, which was how to get the screen off. The adhesive is really strong. What I ended up doing is super gluing some suction cups I had left over from other projects onto the screen and just ripping the screen off. I thought there was a bezel that was attached to the screen, and was trying to get underneath that, but finally realized that wasn't the case, the bezel was part of the phone case. The adhesive was so strong it held the outside of the glass screen in place, and I literally had to rip the middle(main part) off. I then had to take a some tweezers and a flathead screw driver to pry all the glass off the edge. You can see on the top left of the screen I even slipped and punctured the super duper thin metal and thought I had destroyed the main internals. I'm not really sure what the black film is that came up. It scratched super easily. I've seem something similar in the iphone. I think if it gets wet it proves the phone had water damage, but I'm not positive.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-01-30 22.00.28.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	248.5 KB 
ID:	442958Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-02-10 22.47.36.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	236.0 KB 
ID:	442956

Once I got all old glass off, I had to super glue the screen back in because the adhesive was absolutely screwed. I used the gel kind of glue, so it stayed in place better. The screen went back on and it looks good as new. The battery and covers back on fine, and I didn't have to glue anything else. Anyways, that's all I can think of. It was definitely more daunting than I figured. My only experience was replacing an iphone screen, which was about 10 times easier than this. If anyone has any questions don't hesitate to ask.
    Looks like they really learned from the initial batches of silver KEYone.
    02-12-19 02:43 PM
    Hey Bizybrewer,
    Could you tell me something about the layout of the main camera cover? Will this be put as single piece on the camera?what is the difference to the normal Key2 camera cover?

I would be happy about your answer!
    Thanks
    02-14-19 02:04 AM
    Where did you order the replacement screen? I ordered one for my LE and while the screen was the right size the interface cable the connects to the main board on the phone is different.
    02-19-19 03:29 PM
    Nicely done. Unfortunately a repair such as this is not something I would wish to try. Therefore I would need to rely on warranty and / or official repair shops.

Neither of these exist where I reside, as BB Mob has zero presence.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-19 10:45 PM
    02-28-19 10:17 AM
    The black cover that goes over and around the camera is a single piece, but it isn't attached to the camera at all, and the camera does not need to be removed to replace the screen. I have never worked on a Key2, so I have no idea. But in doing a little research I was surprised to discover that the Key2 and Ley2LE and quite a few differences overall.
    02-28-19 10:20 AM
    Thanks for your Response! Is the bracket for the camera/camera Glass in one piece and how is this hallway attached to the camera?
    03-01-19 04:28 AM
    Bizybrewer - Is this the one you ordered for $48.20 https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...949322560.html Unfortunatly i just dropped my LE and it didnt actually break too bad (literally just one crack across the bottom) but the three buttons at the bottom of the display died! So i need to replace the display, . Anyway thanks for the help!
    04-08-19 05:55 PM