I’ve had the Key2 LE for about 6 months and haven’t received a software update since April. Anyone else stuck on old software?
    07-04-19 09:09 AM
    I’ve had the Key2 LE for about 6 months and haven’t received a software update since April. Anyone else stuck on old software?
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354

Feel free to run the ABX563 autoloader.
    07-04-19 09:37 AM
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354

Feel free to run the ABX563 autoloader.
    Ran the autoloader. Worked no problem! Was under the assumption any LE device running on Verizon was incompatible with the autoloader, glad to see I was wrong.

Will I no longer receive any future OTAs (though I rarely get them anyway hahahah)
    07-04-19 04:22 PM
    Ran the autoloader. Worked no problem! Was under the assumption any LE device running on Verizon was incompatible with the autoloader, glad to see I was wrong.

Will I no longer receive any future OTAs (though I rarely get them anyway hahahah)
    Only the two BRANDED Verizon devices won't accept the autoloader (-005 and -006).

IF your device variant actually gets ABX563 eventually, it will still be in-sync for future updates. If not, you'll just have to run the next autoloader again. But as you can see, it's pretty simple.
    07-04-19 04:28 PM
    Only the two BRANDED Verizon devices won't accept the autoloader (-005 and -006).

IF your device variant actually gets ABX563 eventually, it will still be in-sync for future updates. If not, you'll just have to run the next autoloader again. But as you can see, it's pretty simple.
    Sigh....

This is what I am really hating about BlackBerry/BBMo. They make it so hard to be a happy customer. My DTEK50 is stuck in the dark ages, but I'm OK with that because I really like swipe features inside Android 6.

However, the wife's Pixel is rocking Pie and got the July 5th patch on the 3rd. No autoloader needed. She's unlocked on Verizon. It's just so simple. It is a slab, but still.

Oh, and you can get it at Best Buy for $199 on any network with a little thought.
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-05-19 09:58 PM
    Sigh....

This is what I am really hating about BlackBerry/BBMo. They make it so hard to be a happy customer. My DTEK50 is stuck in the dark ages, but I'm OK with that because I really like swipe features inside Android 6.

However, the wife's Pixel is rocking Pie and got the July 5th patch on the 3rd. No autoloader needed. She's unlocked on Verizon. It's just so simple. It is a slab, but still.

Oh, and you can get it at Best Buy for $199 on any network with a little thought.
    If updates are important to you, then you'll always be more satisfied with a Pixel or some other Androids than the Berry.
    Yes, there are some sacrifices to get the keyboard, whether they're worth it or not depends on your priorities.
    This means that the DTEKs have pretty much nothing going for them anyway, and there are many other much much better slabs on the market.

Oh and for the 3a, you can't just buy it outright for $199 like that, it's ONLY with activation on Sprint.
    07-09-19 07:30 AM

Oh and for the 3a, you can't just buy it outright for $199 like that, it's ONLY with activation on Sprint.
    I never said anywhere in my post you could buy it outright for $199. What I did say, however, was with a little "thought" you could get a 3a on any network for $199.

A person can simply go into Best Buy, grab an unlocked 3a, activate it with Sprint with a new number. They will run his/her credit to set up the plan. Total elapsed time, about 15-20 minutes. Next, walk out the store, put your other SIM (from any network) in the phone and enjoy. Then, cancel your "new" Sprint service since Sprint gives you 30-days to cancel and receive any and all fees back to you. Boom! 3a on any network you want for $199+tax. You have pay cash for the whole phone... no financing.
    dantheman77 likes this.
    07-09-19 07:43 AM
    « Sytème D » in French. D for « débrouille » : do it yourself, whatever it takes, if you really want something to get done. A time honored tradition when you own a BB...
    07-29-19 06:13 AM