If it wasn’t for bb’s pkb, I wouldnt personally think twice about leaving iOS for android. Much improved with Oreo I have to say but still the OS I’m the least productive on.
    You won't find me singing Android's praises either. Given the choice between Android and iOS, I'll take Android, but in reality I'm simply planning to spend a lot less time on mobile phones after BB10 stops functioning. I just find the UX to be horrible by design in a way no launcher or skin or app can fix. I like it more than iOS, but that's like saying I like being audited by the IRS more than I like presenting a lecture on orbital mechanics to the Flat Earth Society. It's faint praise.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    10-30-18 04:08 PM
    You won't find me singing Android's praises either. Given the choice between Android and iOS, I'll take Android, but in reality I'm simply planning to spend a lot less time on mobile phones after BB10 stops functioning. I just find the UX to be horrible by design in a way no launcher or skin or app can fix. I like it more than iOS, but that's like saying I like being audited by the IRS more than I like presenting a lecture on orbital mechanics to the Flat Earth Society. It's faint praise.

Maybe by then, Android Q will do wonders?
    10-30-18 04:34 PM
    If it wasn’t for bb’s pkb, I wouldnt personally think twice about leaving iOS for android. Much improved with Oreo I have to say but still the OS I’m the least productive on.
    If it wasn't for PKB, I would choose Android phone with unlocked bootloader and put there LineageOS (Android without google crap) or SailsfishOS.

It is a start IMHO .
    10-30-18 05:16 PM
    Not unless it has some hypervisor dual boot load capability that can be installed with a BB10 email overlay on his Z10... I’m picturing flux capacitor as I say this.. ;-)
    the_boon likes this.
    10-30-18 05:17 PM
    LOL. I hate iOS more than any other OS I've ever used, on any platform, including MS-DOS.

So that was in 2010-11 you say . A iPhone 4S may be running iOS 4 or 5 ? Today, Apple released iOS 12.1. As they say, not your fathers iOS. You would probably dislike the latest iteration even more than the 2010 version.

That’s OK , BB10 may support texting and emailing for sometime yet.

Personally, I would rather BlackBerry embrace Android One and just pay fees for the use of the PKB and for rooting protection. Just an opinion, but I do not foresee a long lifespan for the BlackBerry Android skin.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 10-30-18 at 10:58 PM.
    phuoc and elfabio80 like this.
    10-30-18 10:11 PM
    So that was in 2010-11 you say . A iPhone 4S may be running iOS 4 or 5 ? Today, Apple released iOS 12.1. As they say, not your fathers iOS. You would probably dislike the latest iteration even more than the 2010 version.

That’s OK , BB10 may support texting and emailing for sometime yet.

Personally, I would rather BlackBerry embrace Android One and just pay fees for the use of the PKB and for rooting protection. Just an opinion, but I do not foresee a long lifespan for the BlackBerry Android skin.
    BlackBerry Ltd gets more profits from BB Licensing of the entire package. When the renewal comes up, BB will determine what they’ll allow licensee to do. As long as they’re guaranteed profits from licensing, it probably won’t really matter to BB what licensee does.
    10-31-18 06:22 AM
    BlackBerry Ltd gets more profits from BB Licensing of the entire package. When the renewal comes up, BB will determine what they’ll allow licensee to do. As long as they’re guaranteed profits from licensing, it probably won’t really matter to BB what licensee does.
    Worst case, can't TCL just make generic Android PKB android phones for us PKB addicts?

Whether it's a TCL/BB/Palm or whatever logo is on the back, don't matter to me

This is worst case of course
    10-31-18 07:46 AM
    I suspect that BlackBerry.ca would like to get out of the business of providing the BlackBerry Skin and security patches . I wonder if they might sell that portion in the same way they have sold BBM.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    10-31-18 08:59 AM
    That would be great. I've been impressed with the improvements made to Android since L, but, unless Google decides to take a lot more responsibility for app interoperability and the overall user experience, I'm skeptical. They still seem to think that it's the job of third party developers to do most of the work, which leads to endless variability (good) but very odd designs and integrations (bad).

Laramie50 likes this.
    10-31-18 09:35 AM
84 ... 234