I've been hanging tight with my Keyone. Haven't felt the need to pull the trigger on the Keytwo or LE. Just wondering if the folks at Crackberry are going to post a review of the LE or discuss it in a podcast. It's been awhile since the last podcast.
    bigedschukar likes this.
    10-21-18 05:29 PM
    I've been hanging tight with my Keyone. Haven't felt the need to pull the trigger on the Keytwo or LE. Just wondering if the folks at Crackberry are going to post a review of the LE or discuss it in a podcast. It's been awhile since the last podcast.
    Honestly, what’s the point if literally none of the issues affecting the phone are addresssed?
    phuoc and bitratebb like this.
    10-21-18 05:48 PM
    Honestly, what’s the point if literally none of the issues affecting the phone are addresssed?
    What issues are affecting the phone?
    10-21-18 07:20 PM
    Exactly what issues? the LE doesn't have any of the issues the key2 had. I have had my Le for almost a week now and it's absolutely fantastic
    10-21-18 07:28 PM
    On Verizon, no wi-fi calling and no inbound SMS. You can send a text but can't receive one.
    10-21-18 07:34 PM
    On Verizon, no wi-fi calling and no inbound SMS. You can send a text but can't receive one.
    So, because Verizon in the US hasn't finished provisioning the phone, no one else in the world should be able to read a review? Verizon hasn't supported BlackBerry for ages. To hell with them.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    10-21-18 07:50 PM
    Upgraded from a Keyone to a Key2 LE. Previously, an iPhone 7 Plus user. Hands down, the Key2 LE is by far the best device. Phone reception is totally superior to the Keyone. Using AT&T network, no problems with phone call reception (my chief Keyone complaint), SMS or Hotspot. Speakerphone has good volume. Don't miss the keyboard scrolling function as I had on the Keyone (for me, it was never was that reliable anyway). Not sure what all the complaints are about with the camera. Takes great photos which is essential for my job & social media. If a next generation Key3 is built on the successes of the Key2 LE, then I'm on board!
    10-21-18 08:16 PM
    Verizon hasn't supported BlackBerry for ages. To hell with them.
    Agreed!
    Posted with my trusty Z10[/QUOTE]
    10-21-18 08:49 PM
    Verizon hasn't supported BlackBerry for ages. To hell with them.
    Agreed!
    Don't see how you can blame a phone when its the carrier that is causing the issue...
    10-21-18 09:03 PM
    No, they are blaming Verizon. Not the phone.
    Don't see how you can blame a phone when its the carrier that is causing the issue...
    10-21-18 09:05 PM
    No, they are blaming Verizon. Not the phone.
    True!
    10-21-18 10:47 PM
    I wasn’t referring specifically to the LE but to all the ´hands-on’ reviews on this site. How truthful is really a review that fails to mention a clicky spacebar on the KEY2 for instance ? Or a less than perfect fingerprint censor ? More of that for the LE? What’s the point ?
    bitratebb likes this.
    10-22-18 01:40 AM
    Ich really enjoy Crackberry.com for years now, but I have to agree with @Laramie50. Crackberry moved so close to the folks at Blackberry Mobile, that you can not expect honest reviews anymore. In my perception the site has more and more become a PR-Channel for BBMo. I still come here for the forums, but get my information about the new phones from other sources. Thats just my opinion: It does not help me a bit to read those overwhelmingly positive reviews here - I want to be informed properly about a product when in the end I spend hundreds of Euros/Dollars of my hard earnd money for it. So even I am kind of a fanboy I want to know about things that are not good in a device.
    10-22-18 01:50 AM
    Ich really enjoy Crackberry.com for years now, but I have to agree with @Laramie50. Crackberry moved so close to the folks at Blackberry Mobile, that you can not expect honest reviews anymore. In my perception the site has more and more become a PR-Channel for BBMo. I still come here for the forums, but get my information about the new phones from other sources. Thats just my opinion: It does not help me a bit to read those overwhelmingly positive reviews here - I want to be informed properly about a product when in the end I spend hundreds of Euros/Dollars of my hard earnd money for it. So even I am kind of a fanboy I want to know about things that are not good in a device.
    BlackBerry mobile sponsors CB but how much? If it's $1000 a month, that's nothing.
    10-22-18 03:32 AM
    I get going to other sources for more objective views about a BBMo device than on here, but I'd also be careful what those sources are. If they're not completely open to the idea of a keyboard on a modern smartphone in the first place, then I'd immediately dismiss those since they'd seem as biased as the Crackberry one, except from the negative standpoint.
    RCJ28 likes this.
    10-22-18 03:46 AM
    I get going to other sources for more objective views about a BBMo device than on here, but I'd also be careful what those sources are. If they're not completely open to the idea of a keyboard on a modern smartphone in the first place, then I'd immediately dismiss those since they'd seem as biased as the Crackberry one, except from the negative standpoint.
    Surely you can dismiss the comments about the keyboard and keep the comments on how the device stands next to the competition!

Posted via CB10
    10-22-18 05:59 AM
    Can you find a source that fits in the "open-minded enough to consider PKBs but isn't getting paid by TCL to write the review" zone, though?
    10-22-18 06:46 AM
    Can you find a source that fits in the "open-minded enough to consider PKBs but isn't getting paid by TCL to write the review" zone, though?
    What do you mean by "consider PKB" ? As in the writer would consider moving to a KEY2 him/herself ?

What I'm saying is that when you come across reviews whose titles go along the lines of

"BlackBerry can't stop clinging to the past as it brings yet another QWERTY device"

and the opening sentences start with

"BlackBerry surprisingly isn't dead yet, and we really don't know why"
    Then you know it's biased against BB/PKB from the get-go.

Thankfully, not all reviews (whether written or on YouTube) sound like that.
    10-22-18 07:45 AM
    This has never stopped CB from running a review of a device. I don't think they've ever reviewed a Verizon variant. It's always an unlocked GSM device.
    10-22-18 09:55 AM
    This has never stopped CB from running a review of a device. I don't think they've ever reviewed a Verizon variant. It's always an unlocked GSM device.
    Maybe an additional review back when Adam was writing for us, but never on its own as the sole review for a device. The world runs on GSM. As for the KEY2 LE review, that's coming soon but as you might imagine, none of the changes are huge over KEYone and KEY2.. it's somwhere in between. A few things have been refined over each of those two to offer the KEY2 LE.
    tnewton3 and john_v like this.
    10-22-18 10:31 AM
    Most reviewers have little experience with a PKB and as a result are biased from the start. For most reviewers using a PKB now results in the same aggravation that PKB lovers feel when they use glass. There is an adjustment period for both VKB’s and PKB’s.

I find GSM arena reviews to be more or less free of bias. Still , their bias shows up at the end.

“BlackBerry phones have always been a niche product. In fact, it's in their DNA and at the core of the particular business model. Aside from the odd nostalgia-driven end-user, the bulk of these phones also live solely within enterprise environments. A place where a different set of problems, requirement, and corresponding solutions are the norm.

Hence, judging devices like the KEY2 LE from the same standpoint and pre-disposition as any other end-user smartphone out there is a flawed approach. Still, realistically, that's the only approach we can objectively have here. As such, even with its slashed price tag and what we think are reasonable downgrades, to go along, it is still a bad fit and value proposition for most regular users.”

“That being said, the faith of the KEY2 LE will surely depend on the enterprise consumer. If TCL has done its homework right and a toned-down, yet still proper BlackBerry experience is what business craves, then we have little doubt that the KEY2 LE will be successful within the comfy little niche BlackBerry has carved out for itself.”

The assumption that the LE must aimed at business users is flawed. Either that or TCL’s business model.
    10-22-18 11:24 AM
    Most reviewers have little experience with a PKB and as a result are biased from the start. For most reviewers using a PKB now results in the same aggravation that PKB lovers feel when they use glass. There is an adjustment period for both VKB’s and PKB’s.

I find GSM arena reviews to be more or less free of bias. Still , their bias shows up at the end.

“BlackBerry phones have always been a niche product. In fact, it's in their DNA and at the core of the particular business model. Aside from the odd nostalgia-driven end-user, the bulk of these phones also live solely within enterprise environments. A place where a different set of problems, requirement, and corresponding solutions are the norm.

Hence, judging devices like the KEY2 LE from the same standpoint and pre-disposition as any other end-user smartphone out there is a flawed approach. Still, realistically, that's the only approach we can objectively have here. As such, even with its slashed price tag and what we think are reasonable downgrades, to go along, it is still a bad fit and value proposition for most regular users.”

“That being said, the faith of the KEY2 LE will surely depend on the enterprise consumer. If TCL has done its homework right and a toned-down, yet still proper BlackBerry experience is what business craves, then we have little doubt that the KEY2 LE will be successful within the comfy little niche BlackBerry has carved out for itself.”

The assumption that the LE must aimed at business users is flawed. Either that or TCL’s business model.
    Yeah they probably don’t get that in 2018, the vast majority of BB branded devices sold are sold to consumers.

People don’t have to be suit-wearing executives to enjoy typing messages on a physical keyboard...
    “Regular people” can enjoy it too !
    phuoc and SunCoastBBGuy like this.
    10-22-18 02:34 PM
    Exactly, and the VKB has been on top for so long that the most positive emotion that can be elicited from a PKB phone in most reviewers is nostalgia more so than any desire to use the device, especially outside of the Mobile Nations bubble.
    10-22-18 02:40 PM
    Exactly, and the VKB has been on top for so long that the most positive emotion that can be elicited from a PKB phone in most reviewers is nostalgia more so than any desire to use the device, especially outside of the Mobile Nations bubble.
    All they would have to do is commit to it for a couple weeks... Some may actually decide to double carry a KEY device along with their favorite-of-the-moment slab.

Also, ask these reviewers to write any of their review on a smartphone, and have them choose between something like the KEY2 and a slab, they’d think twice about picking up the slab for that job.

Subconsciously, I think many of them admit that the PKB is more efficient for writing on.
    RCJ28 likes this.
    10-22-18 03:17 PM
    All they would have to do is commit to it for a couple weeks... Some may actually decide to double carry a KEY device along with their favorite-of-the-moment slab.

Also, ask these reviewers to write any of their review on a smartphone, and have them choose between something like the KEY2 and a slab, they’d think twice about picking up the slab for that job.

Subconsciously, I think many of them admit that the PKB is more efficient for writing on.
    Is it though? For you yes and many CrackBerry members. I see iPhone or Android phone users, using two thumbs, type blindingly fast. I think the ability to type efficiently is a skill. Myself, I am probably equally as bad on both. I do use auto suggest which increases my speed which tells you that I cannot type very fast or efficiently.

I think the value of a PKB is in always having a keyboard at the ready and for some the ability to type without looking at the keys to some extent. There is value in the tactile feed back. I look upon the PKB as being similar to a manual transmission in that regard.
    the_boon and Smokeaire like this.
    10-22-18 04:09 PM
84 123 ...