It may be as simple as the new SIM doesn't try to handoff communications to a CDMA radio. If your SIM is set only to handoff voice and SMS then replacement is the only fix. SIM's aren't updated OTA so all the firmware and software updates to the handset don't touch it.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-18 05:08 PM
    It may be as simple as the new SIM doesn't try to handoff communications to a CDMA radio. If your SIM is set only to handoff voice and SMS then replacement is the only fix. SIM's aren't updated OTA so all the firmware and software updates to the handset don't touch it.

Posted via CB10
    Fair. Learn something new everyday!
    10-25-18 07:20 PM
    Can confirm that a new SIM card will work. Verizon employee registered the box for the phone. There are 2 slots for the SIM card and we tried both..maybe the combination helped or it may have been one thing but it did go from not recognizing the SIM card to recognizing it and no SMS then to fully functional phone within 5 min.
    10-30-18 08:41 AM
    Can confirm that a new SIM card will work. Verizon employee registered the box for the phone. There are 2 slots for the SIM card and we tried both..maybe the combination helped or it may have been one thing but it did go from not recognizing the SIM card to recognizing it and no SMS then to fully functional phone within 5 min.
    Congratulations and enjoy your LE...
    10-30-18 09:25 PM
    Thank you sir...already enjoying it!
    10-30-18 09:41 PM
    Will Verizon actually do something on their part to fix the sms issue without users actually needing to activate a new sim card?

Cause I feel that there are customers who would get annoyed if it doesn't work out of the box with their old sim and not even want to go through any hassle and just return the device.
    AmritD likes this.
    10-31-18 04:33 AM
    Will Verizon actually do something on their part to fix the sms issue without users actually needing to activate a new sim card?

Cause I feel that there are customers who would get annoyed if it doesn't work out of the box with their old sim and not even want to go through any hassle and just return the device.
    The problem is that old SIM cards are provisioned for CDMA/LTE hardware. LTE only hardware for VZW is relatively new. Even with GSM carriers such as with AT&T, replacing SIM cards is a necessary evil to force new improved network compatibility.
    10-31-18 04:58 AM
    The problem is that old SIM cards are provisioned for CDMA/LTE hardware. LTE only hardware for VZW is relatively new. Even with GSM carriers such as with AT&T, replacing SIM cards is a necessary evil to force new improved network compatibility.
    Do you think it would have been better if BBMo had put on the back of the box something like
    "New sim card required for optimal compatibility on the Verizon network" ?
    10-31-18 05:04 AM
    Do you think it would have been better if BBMo had put on the back of the box something like
    "New sim card required for optimal compatibility on the Verizon network" ?
    Perhaps that’s something VZW didn’t want done or something VZW thought could be overcome. We only have CB and the unsuccessful initial comments to go by. BBMo/TCL is showing VZW and the other USA carriers it will play their games to hopefully be carrier sold. Look how OnePlus is finally going to be on T-Mobile.
    10-31-18 05:11 AM
    Perhaps that’s something VZW didn’t want done or something VZW thought could be overcome. We only have CB and the unsuccessful initial comments to go by. BBMo/TCL is showing VZW and the other USA carriers it will play their games to hopefully be carrier sold. Look how OnePlus is finally going to be on T-Mobile.
    I would have hoped the LE would be carried by AT&T or T-Mo
    10-31-18 05:26 AM
    I would have hoped the LE would be carried by AT&T or T-Mo
    I have to replace an old AT&T branded iPhone on my second line. It replaced a DTEK50 that didn’t last as long as it should have. My AT&T branded KEYone replaced a DTEK60 that didn’t last as long as it should have. Since there is no other AT&T branded Key2 or Key2 LE, I’m looking at the iPhone XR since it seems priced well and has all enhanced calling features.

My DTEK experience and no enhanced calling features is why I won’t buy anymore factory unlocked devices from BBMo/TCL. In all fairness, the quality of my AT&T branded KEYone is much better than either DTEK I own. At this point, it’s really WFC and VoLTE that I want access to.
    10-31-18 06:06 AM
    I have to replace an old AT&T branded iPhone on my second line. It replaced a DTEK50 that didn’t last as long as it should have. My AT&T branded KEYone replaced a DTEK60 that didn’t last as long as it should have. Since there is no other AT&T branded Key2 or Key2 LE, I’m looking at the iPhone XR since it seems priced well and has all enhanced calling features.

My DTEK experience and no enhanced calling features is why I won’t buy anymore factory unlocked devices from BBMo/TCL. In all fairness, the quality of my AT&T branded KEYone is much better than either DTEK I own. At this point, it’s really WFC and VoLTE that I want access to.
    Why an iPhone?
    Why not something like the Pixel?
    Is Pixel not offered on AT&T?
    10-31-18 06:55 AM

What exactly do you mean by "didn't last as long as it should have" for the AT&T KEYone ?
    10-31-18 07:41 AM
    What exactly do you mean by "didn't last as long as it should have" for the AT&T KEYone ?
    Actually the DTEK60 that his KEYᴼᴺᴱ replaced, that didn't last as long as it should have.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-31-18 08:57 AM
    Why an iPhone?
    No, AT&T doesn't offer the Pixel. It can be bought unlocked for AT&T, but it won't have the advanced features enabled.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    10-31-18 09:31 AM
    No, AT&T doesn't offer the Pixel. It can be bought unlocked for AT&T, but it won't have the advanced features enabled.

Which Android options does AT&T offer with all advanced features working?
    Except samsung?
    10-31-18 09:32 AM
    Which Android options does AT&T offer with all advanced features working?
    Except samsung?
    LG and Samsung, primarily. Those are the only brands they push. They have a few other, like Alcatel for prepaid plans.

10-31-18 01:45 PM
    The DTEK60 it replaced....
    10-31-18 05:50 PM
    Why an iPhone?

No it’s not offered AT&T branded as of now, but that could always change. The other Android devices I buy AT&T branded are either LG postpaid or Alcatel prepaid. I really only prefer BBAndroid or I use IOS devices from my kids older hardware. The only IOS products I’ve bought for myself are my AT&T branded iPad mini and iPad 5th gen since AT&T offered them for about $100 each. The mini lasted me four years and I replaced it with 5th gen this year on another promotion.

The XR would be my first new iPhone purchase for myself. I’ve always been the BlackBerry owner in my family.
    AmritD likes this.
    10-31-18 05:59 PM
    My DTEK60 still works just fine. I have an Essential PH-1 that is my daily now, and it too works fine. It also works with all the enhanced services on T-Mobile with no special BeeEss, and Essential did NOT pay T-Mobile (or anyone else) since it's a 100% carrier-agnostic, unlocked device (yes, it has a CDMA radio in it too!)

It's just simply no-BS works. The Key2LE should as well.
    10-31-18 06:02 PM
    Swore I someone post days ago that the new unlocked pixels DO support enhanced features on AT&T?
    10-31-18 09:02 PM
    Swore I someone post days ago that the new unlocked pixels DO support enhanced features on AT&T?
    That was reported as told by AT&T tech support but I don’t believe it has been confirmed yet..
    10-31-18 09:06 PM

Pick up an S9 and put the BlackBerry HUB and VKB. It's an excellent set up for an all touch device. And you'll get all the advanced features of AT&T, encryption and KNOX. They have some great deals. Excellent ergonomics on the device and a superior screen to the '14 non HD one used on the XR. I too was burned on the DTEK50 as well. It was my last all touch BlackBerry. I am watching the K2 LE tho as a PKB device. I held and played around with one @ Best Buy and it felt great. I miss many features of my former Cobalt Classic.
    11-01-18 12:24 AM
    I held and played around with one @ Best Buy and it felt great.
    "No matter how good a phone's haptics are, typing on a piece of glass always feels like... typing on glass"

-Mr Mobile

Slabs are predictable and boring, and that may be a reason why many of us cling to BB today.
    It's always the same formula, new slab comes out, all the reviewers and tech news say "wow" and then just a few months later it's completely forgotten and replaced by the next piece of glass. People who spend $800 + for these flagships can quickly felt left in the dust as the next iteration of the phone they spent so much money on is already replaced by the next shiny thing, sometimes not even 6 months after the previous product launch.
    Take OnePlus for example, someone drops their hard earned cash for a 6 at launch in April/May which is around $550 or so. Barely 5-6 months later, the 6T comes out and theirs is no longer the latest and greatest, it's already forgotten in the sea of slabs.
    ssirica, hxh145 and phuoc like this.
    11-01-18 02:47 AM
    I don't know what I did with all the tinkering, but SMS is fully working on my KEY2LE with no SFO code or SIM change...I'm on 3GPP format using Verizon message + and I'm sending while receiving. I'm not touching a damn setting going forward!
    AmritD, the_boon and phuoc like this.
    11-01-18 11:02 AM
289 ... 9101112