The Key2 LE is listed as certified and the Key2 is not. Two devices are different model #s and different regulatory approvals.
    Because the LE was officially certified am I to suspect this is the reason the new sim is getting the device to work?

I'm very close to pulling the trigger through Best Buy just want a few more confirmations the device is good to go.
    William Smith40 and the_boon like this.
    10-23-18 10:47 PM
    Also, any update on when the champagne will be available? Will we have to wait for another certification or will it be good to go upon release? Thanks.
    10-23-18 10:49 PM
    TL;DR: Huzzah! My Key2 LE on Verizon works great!

________

Long post: I'm oming from a Samsung Galaxy S7 on Verizon to a BlackBerry Key 2 LE on Verizon. Calls both sending and receiving are working fine. SMS both sending and receiving is working as intended.

One thing to note, I am using "Verizon Messaging" found in the app store. Also known as "Message+."
    I downloaded Message + and still can't receive.
    10-23-18 11:09 PM
    Because the LE was officially certified am I to suspect this is the reason the new sim is getting the device to work?

I'm very close to pulling the trigger through Best Buy just want a few more confirmations the device is good to go.
    I’m following logic theorem and can’t say for sure. I’ve seen few posts where people claim new SIM card makes a difference AFTER LE was listed as VZW certified. At this point, you buy it, try it and either keep it or return it depending on properly functioning or not properly functioning...
    10-24-18 12:03 AM
    Also, any update on when the champagne will be available? Will we have to wait for another certification or will it be good to go upon release? Thanks.
    Case colors won't make a difference. A different model (like the K2 vs K2LE) is a huge difference. Different chipset, different modems, etc.

In other words, all K2 LEs will work once they are certified (as they now seem to be), but the K2 will not work unless it too is separately certified, which seems very unlikely to happen, or it would have happened long ago.
    10-24-18 12:10 AM
    Is BBMo possibly still in negociations with VZW to sell the Atomic?
    Because I see no other reason to hold off on the color variant that has the most sales potential (in my book)
    10-24-18 06:15 AM
    TL;DR: Huzzah! My Key2 LE on Verizon works great!

________

Long post: I'm oming from a Samsung Galaxy S7 on Verizon to a BlackBerry Key 2 LE on Verizon. Calls both sending and receiving are working fine. SMS both sending and receiving is working as intended.

One thing to note, I am using "Verizon Messaging" found in the app store. Also known as "Message+."
    I used a brand new sim.
    wkaneh3 likes this.
    10-24-18 06:33 AM
    Case colors won't make a difference. A different model (like the K2 vs K2LE) is a huge difference. Different chipset, different modems, etc.

In other words, all K2 LEs will work once they are certified (as they now seem to be), but the K2 will not work unless it too is separately certified, which seems very unlikely to happen, or it would have happened long ago.
    I'm just curious if the champagne comes "soonish" if it's automatically going to be certified or even matter. I really want the Atomic but don't want to wait around and the slate is my least favorite color.
    10-24-18 07:43 AM
    Is BBMo possibly still in negociations with VZW to sell the Atomic?
    Because I see no other reason to hold off on the color variant that has the most sales potential (in my book)
    I doubt it, the negotiation phase should be well past completion by the time physical devices end up in the customer's hands. Unless Verizon's heart grows three sizes and they sell a device without their branding infecting it, which isn't likely given their history with BlackBerry branded devices.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    10-24-18 07:47 AM
    I doubt it, the negotiation phase should be well past completion by the time physical devices end up in the customer's hands. Unless Verizon's heart grows three sizes and they sell a device without their branding infecting it, which isn't likely given their history with BlackBerry branded devices.
    Then I have absolutely no idea why it's taking BBMo so damn long to manufacture the most desired color variant of this phone
    10-24-18 07:59 AM
    Then I have absolutely no idea why it's taking BBMo so damn long to manufacture the most desired color variant of this phone
    To maximize possibilities of multiple purchase from loyalists.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    10-24-18 08:02 AM
    VZW rep just texted this to me & said it was Nano. Hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails KEY2 LE confirmed to work with Verizon!-3906.jpg  
    10-24-18 08:32 AM
    To maximize possibilities of multiple purchase from loyalists.
    I don't understand...
    10-24-18 08:51 AM
    If loyalists want LE, they’ll purchase whatever color is available now. Then when atomic red comes out, loyalists buy a second LE device. It’s a similar type strategy as to XS and XSMax introduced before XR. If you want colors or cheaper device, you’ll wait, or buy XS or XSMax, then buy XR as second device.
    10-24-18 09:09 AM
    Key2 LE is now officially included on the Verizon Certified Open Market Smartphone list, despite multiple reports of SMS not working yet.

(However, they got the model number wrong on the list. Maybe that's why there have been so many issues with it not working.)

Attachment 440936
    When I log into my VZW account and try to activate a device that already own it says my IMEI on my Key2 LE BBE-100-5 is not compatible. What do I need to do to get it whitelisted?
    10-24-18 10:46 AM
    If loyalists want LE, they’ll purchase whatever color is available now. Then when atomic red comes out, loyalists buy a second LE device.
    Yeah, I have to admit, once this VZ text messaging issue is for-sure fixed for everyone, I'll be buying an LE, but once the red one comes out, I'll be buying one of those and selling the old LE on Swappa.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-24-18 02:01 PM
    Went to a corporate store and got a new SIM and I now can send and receive texts
    the_boon likes this.
    10-24-18 07:07 PM
    Yeah, I have to admit, once this VZ text messaging issue is for-sure fixed for everyone, I'll be buying an LE, but once the red one comes out, I'll be buying one of those and selling the old LE on Swappa.
    BBMo is just fine with that....
    10-24-18 09:40 PM
    Is everyone here with a Key 2 LE on Verizon now able to send and receive SMS messages?
    10-25-18 09:28 AM
    Is everyone here with a Key 2 LE on Verizon now able to send and receive SMS messages?
    I'm trying to help a friend with this issue who has been struggling with both Blackberry and Verizon technical support. Further this question, has anyone had the SMS receiving issue, and was then able to overcome it?
    10-25-18 11:09 AM
    Nope
    10-25-18 11:17 AM
    Nope
    Did you go in and get a re-provisioned SIM? Don't leave until they resolve their issue.
    10-25-18 11:31 AM
    Did you go in and get a re-provisioned SIM? Don't leave until they resolve their issue.
    What sucks is a SIM replacement for my work device is almost impossible. It's a long drawn out process. I'm going to sit tight and see if the next update to the device contains any kind of patch to resolve or if Verizon will resolve OTA without need for a new SIM provisioning.
    10-25-18 12:11 PM
    What sucks is a SIM replacement for my work device is almost impossible. It's a long drawn out process. I'm going to sit tight and see if the next update to the device contains any kind of patch to resolve or if Verizon will resolve OTA without need for a new SIM provisioning.
    What’s the hardship with SIM provisioning? Can’t you just “accidentally” damage the SIM and have employer authorize request for new one?
    10-25-18 12:24 PM
    What’s the hardship with SIM provisioning? Can’t you just “accidentally” damage the SIM and have employer authorize request for new one?
    He might have some features that tier 1 reps might be reluctant to keep on his line.....

Just in general it’s an unnecessary pain.

It can be very drawn out indeed.

There is no reason why she couldn’t be able to reprovision the sim OTA. Only heard of one SIM card limitation ever, and that had to do with the SIM card supporting nfc. That’s not the case here.
    10-25-18 04:08 PM
289 ... 89101112