After quite a few months of speculation and gritting teeth, it looks like BBMO confirmed that there will be compatibility with the Verizon network. Looking at an Instagram post from this morning from BB, the question was asked of Verizon compatibility. According to the rep responding there will be Verizon support. Earlier this week, the same account also confirmed that the Key2 will not be allowed on VZW because of blacklist, also allowing me to think this is true and not a misprint. That's great news for us VZW users, no longer are we stuck to the KeyOne CDMA.

LINK: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bog064Cg...d=8z0qo6sernco
    10-04-18 05:15 PM
    I'd wait for someone to guinea pig a KEY2 LE on Verizon first.

They didn't mention which variants are Verizon-compatible, either; from what I can tell it's just the BBE100-5 (i.e. the unlocked Americas dual SIM model), so using, say, a Canadian carrier BBE100-2 won't work.
    10-04-18 05:24 PM
    Their will be a full Verizon version as well later this year and will have wifi calling as it will be provisioned. I would wait for that version. I spoke to TCT mobile (part of TCL) at the security summit today in NYC
    10-05-18 12:49 AM
    Is it gonna be a Verizon compatible device or one actually sold by Verizon?

Maybe that Atomic will be their exclusive device after all...
    10-05-18 01:17 AM
    One sold by Verizon , deal is nearly complete.
    10-05-18 01:19 AM
    One sold by Verizon , deal is nearly complete.
    If true, that could explain the Atomic availability being as it is. Also would explain the graphics changing on website.

If true. But we shall see. ( Verizon user, so not much faith. Lol )
    10-05-18 02:06 AM
    An encouraging step, if it's more than just a PR guy giving someone the vague answer they want to hear. I'd still rather have a full KeyTwo than just the LE model as a Verizon customer, but I'll take what I can get.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-18 05:16 AM
    If Verizon themselves haven't announced it. It's not compatible or official. I would take a VERY high grain of salt regarding anything Blackberry Mobile folks say.
    FF22 and krazyatom like this.
    10-05-18 09:30 AM
    Amazon lists the device as Verizon capable.
    dbollman423 likes this.
    10-05-18 09:35 AM
    Amazon lists the device as Verizon capable.
    Has Verizon said it is?
    10-05-18 09:36 AM
    Has Verizon said it is?
    Verizon famously doesn’t tell their customers anything or worse gives misinformation. If compatible, what I want to know is if two Verizon lines will work in it. Dual LTE.
    10-05-18 09:41 AM
    If true, that could explain the Atomic availability being as it is. Also would explain the graphics changing on website.

If true. But we shall see. ( Verizon user, so not much faith. Lol )
    It would also explain why Verizon doesn't want to upgrade the KEYᵒⁿᵉ to Oreo.
    Last edited by conite; 10-05-18 at 01:27 PM.
    zephyr613 and bibbula like this.
    10-05-18 09:57 AM
    I'd wait for someone to guinea pig a KEY2 LE on Verizon first.

They didn't mention which variants are Verizon-compatible, either; from what I can tell it's just the BBE100-5 (i.e. the unlocked Americas dual SIM model), so using, say, a Canadian carrier BBE100-2 won't work.
    That would be the one. The open market US ones sold at Amazon, Best Buy etc.
    10-05-18 01:26 PM
    Verizon famously doesn’t tell their customers anything or worse gives misinformation.
    They do to a certain extent... you just have to dig for the info - https://opendevelopment.verizonwirel...evice-showcase
    10-05-18 01:27 PM
    Their will be a full Verizon version as well later this year and will have wifi calling as it will be provisioned. I would wait for that version. I spoke to TCT mobile (part of TCL) at the security summit today in NYC
    Do you have actual proof of this from Verizon or spreading Internet gossip?
    10-05-18 02:19 PM
    At the event, it wasn't just reps, everyone from BlackBerry was there. I got confirmation from a reputable source.
    Do you have actual proof of this from Verizon or spreading Internet gossip?
    Sent from my BBB100-3 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-05-18 02:23 PM
    At the event, it wasn't just reps, everyone from BlackBerry was there. I got confirmation from a reputable source.

Blackberry has promised things before. PlayBook support. BB10 updates that never happened and etc. Unless Verizon advertises they're selling the Key2 LE soon then I'm going to take your gossip as just that. Gossip
    10-05-18 02:36 PM
    Blackberry has promised things before. PlayBook support. BB10 updates that never happened and etc. Unless Verizon advertises they're selling the Key2 LE soon then I'm going to take your gossip as just that. Gossip
    Can't blame you there, as they said OREO coming to Keyone verizon and now that not gonna happen. I think the issue was sales were just not up to TCL's expectations and their after sales service as well as screen detachment issue didn't help.
    At least we have a compatible version in case it doesn't happen. Not the best, but better than nothing. Although I really miss wifi calling and would love to get it back.

10-05-18 02:41 PM
    PlayBook and BB10 were BlackBerry. This is TCT.
    10-05-18 03:26 PM
    Can't blame you there, as they said OREO coming to Keyone verizon and now that not gonna happen. I think the issue was sales were just not up to TCL's expectations and their after sales service as well as screen detachment issue didn't help.
    At least we have a compatible version in case it doesn't happen. Not the best, but better than nothing. Although I really miss wifi calling and would love to get it back.

I'd be surprised if sales had anything to do with it.

BBMo would surely rather move to Oreo than to keep an exclusive Nougat branch going. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by conite; 10-05-18 at 04:21 PM.
    bibbula likes this.
    10-05-18 03:26 PM
    So what the heck is Verizon's problem with the KeyTwo?

I can see strangling Oreo on the KeyOne if is intended to bump sales of this new device. Although one might have some legal arguments on such devious moves!
    10-05-18 06:56 PM
    So what the heck is Verizon's problem with the KeyTwo?

I can see strangling Oreo on the KeyOne if is intended to bump sales of this new device. Although one might have some legal arguments on such devious moves!
    Not sure what legal argument would apply. KEYone is VZW certified Android 7.1 but isn’t actual VZW device and wasn’t sold by VZW.

Key2 isn’t even VZW certified. I’m sure their problem is you’re expected to purchase your device from VZW. That’s unless you’re wanting iPhone. LOL
    portplayer likes this.
    10-05-18 07:13 PM
    Haha this is a classic Verizon thread. I hear "confirmed" by a reputable source. I hear "official device sold by Verizon coming soon"

If you are new to Verizon and BlackBerry this might actually give you hope. But us gray beards know not to be excited until we see something actually running on Verizon that anyone can buy.

There is a BlackBerry Verizon curse. It's real.
    10-05-18 07:27 PM
    Haha this is a classic Verizon thread. I hear "confirmed" by a reputable source. I hear "official device sold by Verizon coming soon"

If you are new to Verizon and BlackBerry this might actually give you hope. But us gray beards know not to be excited until we see something actually running on Verizon that anyone can buy.

There is a BlackBerry Verizon curse. It's real.
    Agreed 100% on this.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-05-18 07:42 PM
    It’s really disappointing that Blackberry can’t find any better partner than TCL. My cdma keyone won’t get Oreo and key2 will not work cdma. There is no guarantee that key2 LE will get a android pie. Why are we paying premium?
    10-05-18 07:46 PM
289 123 ...