AT&T has a way of doing that to customers. I know signal matters keep you in their camp but darn. I switched to T-Mobile back in '16, saved a third of our bill monthly and got more! Unlimited, hot spot, Netflix, MLB, etc. I was an AT&T customer for @ 15 years and unlimited, but really limited to 5GB and no WiFi calling or mobile Hotspot. Switched to T-Mobile and my Cobalt Classic, Passport and Z30 came to life with WiFi calling and Hotspot with absolutely no signal degradation here in California. It was actually better in some areas along the coast when traveling.
    I know, but, T-Mobile also isn’t as good a deal once you go past four lines. The savings aren’t there for me. T-Mobile has tried price comparison with my lines and equipment pricing and we’re talking about $20 for or against my existing plan depending on which rep I speak with and location. I’m running 9-10 lines on my account during any given time.

I considered VZW for coverage improvement but with conversion from CDMA to LTE while AT&T converts from GSM to LTE, their coverage performance seems to be aligning with each other. I actually have single line with T-Mobile for $3/month just for testing coverage. I use factory unlocked A30Plus from Amazon with no problem on WFC but it’s limited usage since not primary number for me.

I feel that BYOD is only supported as weak advertising campaign even for T-Mobile going forward. After merger, I seem them pushing carrier devices to help pay for the deal. The Sprint customer base is already used to it. My belief is that Boost and Virgin prepaid will be folded into T-Mobile owned MetroPCS and Sprint into T-Mobile with postpaid accounts pushing carrier sold devices.

Long term I see all three carriers moving BYOD to prepaid but carrier branded. AT&T, VZW and T-Mobile allude this now while also supporting their own MVNO brands. Prioritization regulations allow them an incremental $5-$10 per line on postpaid vs prepaid and further $5-10 per line carrier brand prepaid vs MVNO owned prepaid. The rollout of 5G will allow tiered service as rolled out with customers deciding service level during 2020-2022 and paying for that 5G infrastructure. The carriers have learned the lessons well with 4G HSPA/LTE demand yield curve.
    10-18-18 03:16 PM
    So weird. I would never by a LE but the Atomic is really wanting me to buy one.
    10-20-18 02:58 AM
    As a crackberrian, you know you won't resist hitting that pre-order button once the Atomic is in Stock

I know I won't
    10-20-18 02:44 PM
    That's the one if but too. Also if your looking for 4 or more lines check out metro.
    10-20-18 04:41 PM
    Hey! Me too! We'll always seem to be on the same page.
    Again, it's weird the way they've held back this model considering it's the most popular one; it's not as if BBMo is being inundated with orders in general.

Actually, if I try the Key2 keyboard experience and don't like the space bart, I may consider the LE...
    10-21-18 03:14 PM
    Probably not buying a full price phone any time soon but Koodoo keeps sending me offers to get me off Public Mobile. I haven't done it, because Public Mobile is great, but if Koodoo ever stocks the red Key2LE I might be unable to stop myself.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-30-18 06:42 PM
    Probably not buying a full price phone any time soon but Koodoo keeps sending me offers to get me off Public Mobile. I haven't done it, because Public Mobile is great, but if Koodoo ever stocks the red Key2LE I might be unable to stop myself.
    For me, the trigger is ready to be pulled the moment that ANY official reputable retailer has a QWERTY Atomic, no matter if single sim or dual, 32gb or 64gb.
    AmritD and Baconwich like this.
    10-31-18 03:34 AM
    For me, the trigger is ready to be pulled the moment that ANY official reputable retailer has a QWERTY Atomic, no matter if single sim or dual, 32gb or 64gb.
    Not 32gb in almost 2019....
    10-31-18 06:23 AM
    I think with an option of an SD card.
    it's fine.
    Helps break the below $400 price bracket.
    10-31-18 06:50 AM
    If WhatsApp and Google Photos didn't back up everything to the cloud, then I'd definitely agree with you.

I have a slate 32gb LE and previously owned several silver KEYones and never got even close to running out of internal storage. I do have a 64gb SD card though.
    AmritD likes this.
    10-31-18 07:44 AM
    I think with an option of an SD card.
    it's fine.
    Helps break the below $400 price bracket.
    I get why they’re doing it but I think price difference is worth paying for device storage. The OS plus apps take up so much space internally that after couple of years, it’s a big problem. This affects the price sensitive consumer the most as usual.
    10-31-18 08:38 AM
    I get why they’re doing it but I think price difference is worth paying for device storage. The OS plus apps take up so much space internally that after couple of years, it’s a big problem. This affects the price sensitive consumer the most as usual.
    There is always a compromise when paying lower.
    Since BBM had a 32GB version, they should have offered it for sale and let the customer decide.
    Personally I don't think $50 is worth just for 32GB extra memory.
    I would have liked them to have included a 6GB RAM option for the extra $50 (but then I don't know what is the cost structure so can only dream)
    10-31-18 09:00 AM
    Since BBM had a 32GB version, they should have offered it for sale and let the customer decide.
    I would have liked them to have included a 6GB RAM option for the extra $50 (but then I don't know what is the cost structure so can only dream)
    I think it's all well calculated decisions to differentiate the LE from the KEY2 and have some incentives for people to shell out the extra 200/250 for the higher priced one.

Imagine the 450 priced LE also had the capacitive keyboard and 6gb RAM, what would be the point of spending the extra 200 for the KEY2?

The extra 500mAh?

Very hard to justify

Everyone would jump on the LE and the KEY2 would collect dust in shelves lol
    10-31-18 09:16 AM
    I think it's all well calculated decisions to differentiate the LE from the KEY2 and have some incentives for people to shell out the extra 200/250 for the higher priced one.

Imagine the 450 priced LE also had the capacitive keyboard and 6gb RAM, what would be the point of spending the extra 200 for the KEY2?

The extra 500mAh?

Very hard to justify

Everyone would jump on the LE and the KEY2 would collect dust in shelves lol
    Fair point.
    Maybe just the capacitative keyboard and not the 6GB Ram.
    The KEYᴼᴺᴱ did have it.
    Either way it is what it is.
    10-31-18 09:23 AM
    Fair point.
    Maybe just the capacitative keyboard and not the 6GB Ram.
    The KEYᴼᴺᴱ did have it.
    Either way it is what it is.
    The KEYone launched at $549 in US, and €599 in EU for the 3/32gb model.

The LE starts at $449 in US for the 4/64gb, and 399€ in EU for the 4/32gb model.

So definitely a price decrease from last year and we get better reception, much more modern/refined design, matte keys etc...
    phuoc likes this.
    10-31-18 09:42 AM
    But they did, 64GB versions have exclusive colors (champagne and probably atomic will be released) in Europe only with 64GB. And "standard" slate only 32GB.
    10-31-18 10:11 AM
    I just realized that atomic is for christmas and so champagne should be released on new year! not in November

Posted with Classic
    11-03-18 02:22 AM
    I just realized that atomic is for christmas and so champagne should be released on new year! not in November

Posted with Classic
    I just really wish they actually make the frets champagne in their upcoming batches...
    11-03-18 02:41 PM
43 12