If I understand you, you're talking about limitations based on existing variants. But, if Verizon agreed, couldn't a new variant be released in a few months? I'm not suggesting that it's likely, just that BlackBerry Mobile has reserved the color just in case they can convince Verizon to carry it.
    The carrier negotiation phase is well before release, which is why the unreleased Verizon branded KEYone and AT&T/Sprint branded Motion and KEY2 are in the OS but never came out. Whatever overtures TCL would have made to Verizon to convince them to carry the KEY2LE would have been done already; while it's possible that Verizon can ask for a new variant after already passing on it before, it's not likely.

From what I can tell from the OS the best case scenario is that the dual SIM Americas model BBE100-5 (not sure if just one PRD or all of them) might have whatever compatibility voodoo Verizon needs for it to run on Verizon's network LTE-only, i.e. the same deal as the unlocked BBB100-3 just without CDMA fallback. I won't know for sure without user reports from someone trying it on Verizon.

Since the best explanation is the simplest, I'm going with "the Atomic is only for EMEA for some reason".
    09-30-18 11:24 AM
    That’s what has been going on for releases like the Leap, DTEK and the Motion which have proven to have even worse sales than without carriers. Only worse than poor carrier sales and support is no carrier sales and support.
    Leap, DTEK, and Motion sold terribly because they were overpriced devices with no compelling reason to buy. BlackBerry's only real selling point is the keyboard.
    09-30-18 12:46 PM
    See, we agree. Plus, your reason is the very reason carriers didn’t offer them.
    Leap, DTEK, and Motion sold terribly because they were overpriced devices with no compelling reason to buy. BlackBerry's only real selling point is the keyboard.
    Edit...

I’m specifically referring to VKB form selling price compared with other VKB devices. This problem wasn’t as prevalent with Z10 (all carriers offered) and Z30 (limited carriers offered)....
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 09-30-18 at 07:29 PM.
    09-30-18 02:47 PM
    Personally finding BB's software/apps to be very compelling, found this out after buying the Motion. One of the smoothest devices (not fastest) that I've owned and main reason it still retains its spot as our daily driver. 4000mAh Battery makes it a winner too.

If BBMo/TCL knew how to promote other aspects of their devices, don't skimp on certain hardware, plus keep update schedules in check, they'd probably start to move beyond the stigma that a BlackBerry is just a device with a PKB. Though going by what I've seen/experienced in past 11 months or so that ain't happening so it'll always be same ol' BB in most peoples minds.
    09-30-18 04:23 PM
    Personally finding BB's software/apps to be very compelling, found this out after buying the Motion. One of the smoothest devices (not fastest) that I've owned and main reason it still retains its spot as our daily driver. 4000mAh Battery makes it a winner too.

If BBMo/TCL knew how to promote other aspects of their devices, don't skimp on certain hardware, plus keep update schedules in check, they'd probably start to move beyond the stigma that a BlackBerry is just a device with a PKB. Though going by what I've seen/experienced in past 11 months or so that ain't happening so it'll always be same ol' BB in most peoples minds.
    BBAndroid is great selling point to many that've used it. But it’s overlay that makes it desired also slows down the development unless willing to accept even higher development costs. Biggest software obstacle has been prospective buyers choosing regular Android for other better specs and pricing.
    09-30-18 07:19 PM
    Where do you get your sales, initial sales expectations, and production figures?

But I do agree that the security play on its own is probably not worth the BlackBerry tax if you are a general consumer.
    09-30-18 07:22 PM
    Where do you get your sales, initial sales expectations, and production figures?

But I do agree that the security play on its own is probably not worth the BlackBerry tax if you are a general consumer.
    Do you really think the Leap, DTEK, and Motion phones sold in any significant volume?
    10-01-18 02:50 AM
    Do you really think the Leap, DTEK, and Motion phones sold in any significant volume?
    I think at least 3 out of the 4 sold as per expectations.

Leap existed to sell off the rest of the S4 SoC commitments.

Motion existed in small quantities to round off the portfolio for Enterprise sales.

DTEK60 order was reduced to the minimum allowed, as the decision was already made to leave the device business.

The DTEK50 is the only one where I don't have enough information to judge. It certainly didn't take the world by storm, but I don't think they really thought it would.
    10-01-18 05:28 AM
    I think at least 3 out of the 4 sold as per expectations.

Leap existed to sell off the rest of the S4 SoC commitments.

Motion existed in small quantities to round off the portfolio for Enterprise sales.

DTEK60 order was reduced to the minimum allowed, as the decision was already made to leave the device business.

The DTEK50 is the only one where I don't have enough information to judge. It certainly didn't take the world by storm, but I don't think they really thought it would.
    Right, so you basically agree that those devices sold in low volume.
    10-01-18 12:14 PM
    Right, so you basically agree that those devices sold in low volume.
    I do. But the caveat being that they never gave them the opportunity or expected them to sell well.

But I agree that efforts should remain with pkb devices, as that is where the main differentiator lies.
    Last edited by conite; 10-01-18 at 07:02 PM.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-01-18 12:16 PM
    Did they have a quality control problem with the red finish?
    10-03-18 10:25 AM
    You mean like initial glue application on KEYone? Probably the red paint looked good in the paint store and yet it showed up on loading dock and it’s more peptobismal pink.
    Did they have a quality control problem with the red finish?
    herbersh likes this.
    10-03-18 08:03 PM
62 123