At german retailers you can pre order champagne and slate only, no atomic. And they are dual sim with the 64GB memory. I think the atomic one will come later as the cherry on the cake :-)
    09-11-18 12:02 PM
    At german retailers you can pre order champagne and slate only, no atomic. And they are dual sim with the 64GB memory. I think the atomic one will come later as the cherry on the cake :-)
    Very bad move if that turns out to be the case. IMHO they aren't in a position to "play games" like the big boys.
    09-29-18 12:42 AM
    They most definitely are not. This ommission of Atomic after initial reviewer reviews and responses means they are playing games OR their market research, if they even do it, is abysmal. That color should be front and center in all print media and available when they all are. I have been a BlackBerry supporter since '09 and I am losing faith in BlackBerry software and BlackBerry Mobile. I want another keyboard device as my Classic was my GOAT 🐐 and I have been watching the handling of the KeyOne especially in regards to updates and OS support as I am a DTEK50 owner. The Sprint\Verizon models now reading being left on Nougat with no OS updates means I'll continue to watch and not purchase. I cannot be alone. 😕
    Elky64 likes this.
    09-29-18 09:02 AM
    Here's what I see on blackberrymobile.com/us:

Attachment 439781

They better listen to the fans and release Atomic in the US!
    And in Canada
    09-29-18 10:34 AM
    The only position that BBMo/TCL exists is whatever position the carriers tell BBMo/TCL. Especially with Oreo rollout, the carriers stand in the way of any rollout of anything within the CDMA networks. It’s the same reason the Key2 doesn’t function on Verizon or Sprint.
    They most definitely are not. This ommission of Atomic after initial reviewer reviews and responses means they are playing games OR their market research, if they even do it, is abysmal. That color should be front and center in all print media and available when they all are. I have been a BlackBerry supporter since '09 and I am losing faith in BlackBerry software and BlackBerry Mobile. I want another keyboard device as my Classic was my GOAT ������ and I have been watching the handling of the KeyOne especially in regards to updates and OS support as I am a DTEK50 owner. The Sprint\Verizon models now reading being left on Nougat with no OS updates means I'll continue to watch and not purchase. I cannot be alone. ������
    09-29-18 10:54 AM
    I am going to call it now - Atomic colour is a hoax!
    A BlackBerry version of bigfoot...
    Elky64 and anon(9188202) like this.
    09-29-18 12:47 PM
    They most definitely are not. This ommission of Atomic after initial reviewer reviews and responses means they are playing games OR their market research, if they even do it, is abysmal. That color should be front and center in all print media and available when they all are. I have been a BlackBerry supporter since '09 and I am losing faith in BlackBerry software and BlackBerry Mobile. I want another keyboard device as my Classic was my GOAT 🐐 and I have been watching the handling of the KeyOne especially in regards to updates and OS support as I am a DTEK50 owner. The Sprint\Verizon models now reading being left on Nougat with no OS updates means I'll continue to watch and not purchase. I cannot be alone. 😕
    You are definitely not alone as I am right here with you

Was somewhat impressed when I came back onboard w/Motion. As time went on though, and we saw how BBMo/TCL operates, our enthusiasm for anything BB took a nosedive. Their communication sucks big time IMO and don't think the term "Silence is Golden" applies here - oh wait, maybe the carriers got their tongue too.

Doubtful I'll be back.
    09-29-18 02:47 PM
    I am going to call it now - Atomic colour is a hoax!
    A BlackBerry version of bigfoot...
    Doubtful it is a hoax but if they use it to play games they'll just be shooting themselves in the foot.
    09-29-18 02:52 PM
    Doubtful it is a hoax but if they use it to play games they'll just be shooting themselves in the foot.
    Red herring? Lol
    Elky64 and anon(9188202) like this.
    09-29-18 02:53 PM
    Red herring? Lol
    Lol....BlackBerry at its best...So sad.
    09-29-18 03:11 PM
    Lol....BlackBerry at its best...So sad.
    What's really sad is BB anew has been reminding me of BB of old. Their game to lose - again!
    09-29-18 04:04 PM
    You are definitely not alone as I am right here with you

Was somewhat impressed when I came back onboard w/Motion. As time went on though, and we saw how BBMo/TCL operates, our enthusiasm for anything BB took a nosedive. Their communication sucks big time IMO and don't think the term "Silence is Golden" applies here - oh wait, maybe the carriers got their tongue too.

Doubtful I'll be back.
    Sure the carriers got their proverbial tongue. You can’t have any meaningful existence without the carriers in most if not all of the markets that BBMo/TCL operates in.
    09-29-18 04:49 PM
    I'm sure something is cooking with the Atomic and at least one of the major US carriers, why else would they exclude it from their website??

They can't be stupid enough to leave this color behind when it's clearly the most sought after
    09-29-18 05:40 PM
    They can't be stupid enough to leave this color behind when it's clearly the most sought after
    They're capable of forgetting to glue the screen on, let alone a color variant.
    09-29-18 07:05 PM
    Atomic is now gone from the Global website. This doesn't look good.
    09-29-18 11:34 PM
    Sure the carriers got their proverbial tongue. You can’t have any meaningful existence without the carriers in most if not all of the markets that BBMo/TCL operates in.
    I am not an Ambassador™ or a Trusted Member™ so forgive the stupid question. If the carriers are perpetually the problem why can't they release all their phones GSM unlocked? It would leave Verizon customers in the cold but Verizon customers aren't getting the phones anyway.
    09-29-18 11:40 PM
    I am not an Ambassador™ or a Trusted Member™ so forgive the stupid question. If the carriers are perpetually the problem why can't they release all their phones GSM unlocked? It would leave Verizon customers in the cold but Verizon customers aren't getting the phones anyway.
    Factory unlocked devices were ok until the carriers decided to block WFC and VoLTE even on GSM AT&T first and now it seems T-Mobile.
    09-30-18 01:40 AM
    Plot twist...exclusive to Verizon.
    09-30-18 02:09 AM
    Factory unlocked devices were ok until the carriers decided to block WFC and VoLTE even on GSM AT&T first and now it seems T-Mobile.
    So the same question applies, if they're going to block those features regardless why not just bypass them and release devices GSM unlocked?
    09-30-18 04:04 AM
    So the same question applies, if they're going to block those features regardless why not just bypass them and release devices GSM unlocked?
    That’s what has been going on for releases like the Leap, DTEK and the Motion which have proven to have even worse sales than without carriers. Only worse than poor carrier sales and support is no carrier sales and support.
    09-30-18 07:59 AM
    We know for a fact that BlackBerry Mobile would rather sell through carriers, at least bin the US, so it's reasonable that they are trying to push for a Verizon release with the Atomic color. If course, that doesn't mean it will happen, but it makes sense for them to hold back the color son long as Verizon is willing to consider carrying the phone.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    the_boon likes this.
    09-30-18 09:31 AM
    We know for a fact that BlackBerry Mobile would rather sell through carriers, at least bin the US, so it's reasonable that they are trying to push for a Verizon release with the Atomic color. If course, that doesn't mean it will happen, but it makes sense for them to hold back the color son long as Verizon is willing to consider carrying the phone.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    What I'm thinking exactly.

Hopefully AT&T goes for the Slate also. Don't see why they wouldn't
    09-30-18 10:53 AM
    If the Atomic ends up being Verizon exclusive it would require either TCL to put in a Verizon branded model in the OS at past the 11th hour, or Verizon to stop being irritating and sell an unbranded phone without their crapware on it. I don't think either are likely.
    09-30-18 10:58 AM
    If the Atomic ends up being Verizon exclusive it would require either TCL to put in a Verizon branded model in the OS at past the 11th hour, or Verizon to stop being irritating and sell an unbranded phone without their crapware on it. I don't think either are likely.
    Not to mention the big V logo on the chin of that Atomic lol
    09-30-18 11:07 AM
    If I understand you, you're talking about limitations based on existing variants. But, if Verizon agreed, couldn't a new variant be released in a few months? I'm not suggesting that it's likely, just that BlackBerry Mobile has reserved the color just in case they can convince Verizon to carry it.
    09-30-18 11:12 AM
62 123